Cannot Pick Up Chao [SA2B]

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Cannot Pick Up Chao [SA2B]

Post by Crazo3077 »

This is not an issue I have personally experienced, but I have received multiple concerns about on my YouTube channel.

There seems to be some kind of issue where Sonic Adventure 2 Battle on Gamecube will not allow an individual to Pick Up Chao from the Tiny Chao Garden due to a communication error. The error will appear on the Gameboy Advance screen. The Pick Up Menu does not display any of the items that are on the Tiny Chao Garden, and selecting anything will kick them off of the Chao Transporter. Drop Off will work just fine, but Pick-Up will not.

They claim there has been no tampering with the games, so no Gameshark or Action Replay, and no other apparent glitches. They have been using the official Nintendo link cables for connecting their Gameboy Advance to their Gamecube. Attempts to use other forms of Tiny Chao Garden and other Chao Garden Save Files have not changed their results. They have tried using different Gameboy Advance units with no success, but also have managed to have other non-Sonic games work without communication errors. Also while note blatantly told, I assume they have tried all their controller ports.

I have absolutely no idea what could be causing this issue. If other games with the connectivity options are working just fine, I can't really suggest it is a hardware issue anymore. I speculate that it could be an issue with the SA2B Game Save File, but that seems like a silly reason. I have asked them to test using SADX or a different disc copy of SA2B, but they have not had an opportunity to do so yet.

I know for a fact that SA2B actually has some of the biggest problems with the Chao Transporter. It does not automatically save after you Pick Up a Chao, unlike SADX, opening potential to lose a Chao if you do not actively save. This makes me believe that the Chao Transporter was not well tested much before release, so I am not surprise that people are experiencing this problem.

Any insight would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Update: One of them clarified that they were using a Wii, which may be a factor, but I still think hardware isn't the most likely culprit because other games work without a problem.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Re: Cannot Pick Up Chao [SA2B]

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

I'm not sure I never heard of this problem before, the only thing that comes to mind is if they had their adapter slightly plugged out but still kind of plugged in at the same time or if the adapter is broken on one end slightly.

Ha...thank you in Advance
Last edited by ChaoGardenBuster on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Hm. Did SA2B ever get bug updates that were released later?
Games like Super Smash Bros. Melee and Phantasy Star Online did, it was rare and small for games but, maybe that's it. I don't know.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

I have a follow-up that clarified on one case, but not another.

One of the commenters ordered a new cable online, and apparently wasn't actually using an official cable, and the new cable worked just fine. So this may solely be an issue with the cables, but another commenter said theirs was a brand new cable and it wasn't working. I may encourage them to get a pre-owned one, just to get the answers we seek.

The first commenter also mentioned how the level will go up in a Tiny Chao Garden, but the stats won't for Stamina, so their Chao is level 75 in stamina, but has 0000 in stat. Interesting.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
FedoraBrella Chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Fedoras and umbrellas...together at last!

Post by FedoraBrella Chao »

Seems like the SA2B Chao Transporter is all sorts of broken. I don't recall ever having this happen. Have they been able to pick up a chao previously?
Fedoras and umbrellas will always stand beside me!