A few questions

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ShiGua
Egg
Egg

A few questions

Post by ShiGua »

I played SA2:B back when it first came out on GC and I just got it for PS3 cuz nostalgia and need some questions answered about chao.

According to the site, a chao needs at least 30 happiness to reincarnate, otherwise it will die. Is this automatic? I would like to leave a neutral chao in the garden to keep reincarnating without interacting with any of the characters to get its stamina grade up (assuming I leave my console on for a long time, it may reincarnate, hatch, evolve, and die/reincarnate again before I come back to check). If I don't interact with the chao, it will technically have 0 happiness at the end of life. Will it die? Are there ways for it to raise its own happiness (eating on its own, playing with toys, etc.)? Also, does happiness transfer through incarnation or does it reset back to 0?

Is there any evidence that says taking classes in the kindergarten does or doesn't increase intelligence?

What is the minimum stat (level or value) required to set your chao for its first evolution type? I've seen videos raise the type they want to level 20-25 before allowing them to evolve; does it need to be that high? Also, is it really only the MOST recent type of animal/drive that determines its type or does it average several more recent ones (e.g. 10 cheetahs and then 1 condor is auto-flying, or can it still turn into running-type)?

TIL that a chao can become power-type after the first evolution when given only phoenixes. Does that mean if a chao is given a legendary animal, it can become any of the types that animal raises? Or maybe only the dominant stats (power is second after flying for phoenix)? And how do the blue animals work?

Thank you for any and all answers.
FedoraBrella Chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Fedoras and umbrellas...together at last!

Re: A few questions

Post by FedoraBrella Chao »

This video explains stats influencing evolution in detail. Basically, evolution works on different values than stats themselves, so level does not matter. Blue, black, and gold animal give influence completely randomly, so they are NOT reliable for getting a specific desired evolution. Swim and fly share the same variable, and run and power share the same variable. I don't think you'd need the levels to be that high, but it's better safe than sorry, I guess.
Fedoras and umbrellas will always stand beside me!
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: A few questions

Post by Mamkute »

FedoraBrella Chao covered most of what you asked regarding stat influence.
Levels have no real correlation with Evolution pathway, it is all about the sliding scales of stat influences.
It is more centered around what you most recently gave the chao, although there is some exception to that. Levels are not the important part. I am pretty sure it should be possible to get a chao of a certain evolution at less than level 5 or so. But certainty and confidence in your evolution result is important.

If you do not interact with the chao at all, ever, it will die, since it's happiness is too low, and happiness will not really raise on its own. If anything (I think) it may lower. Happiness remains across reincarnation.

There is no evidence to imply classes raise intelligence. I am pretty sure it is not true. Intelligence and luck are both raised by giving animals and drives to the chao.