Does heart fruit prevent natural mating period?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Does heart fruit prevent natural mating period?

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

If you feed a Chao a Heart Fruit to mate it before it's natural mating period begins, will the Chao still undergo a natural mating period later on?
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: Does heart fruit prevent natural mating period?

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

As I understand it, A Chao has a "Desire to mate" value that starts at 0 and maxes out at 10,000. Giving a Chao a Heart Fruit instantly boosts this value to 10,000, and mating causes it to drop to 0. It builds ove time, though I don't know the actual rate. A Chao will sit down and get the flowers when it hits 10,000, though the second Chao doesn't necessarily need to be at 10,000 for mating to occur. Depedning on when you give the Chao the Heart Fruit and when it dies/reincarnates, you could bring its desire to mate to 10,000 early without there being enough time for it to build naturally. If you gave the Chao a Heart Fruit and mated it immediately after First evolution, I'm pretty sure it will go into a natural mating season around the same time it would've had you not given it the heart fruit as I believe the desire to mate value is also set to 0 immediately following first evolution. No idea how the value is effected when a Chao goes into mating season without being mated.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Mewtamer is very much correct, and I, unfortunately, can't really elaborate on many more details. The only thing I can add, as implied in Mewtamer's post, is how a chao can mate while not being at 10,000 for their mating stats. If one chao is in flowers, then another can mate provided their mating stat is sufficiently high, although I am not sure on the exact number.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Post by DarkyBenji »

Mamkute wrote:Mewtamer is very much correct, and I, unfortunately, can't really elaborate on many more details. The only thing I can add, as implied in Mewtamer's post, is how a chao can mate while not being at 10,000 for their mating stats. If one chao is in flowers, then another can mate provided their mating stat is sufficiently high, although I am not sure on the exact number.

a chao with "Desire to mate" value over 5000 can mate the other chao that have flowers around without the help of heart fruit
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

That's really good to know. Usually if I mate Chao with Heart Fruit it's right after they become adults, so the fact that the value resets then anyway means it almost doesn't affect the mating cycle at all if you do it that soon. Thanks for the info!
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Also worth noting that it's specifically the last bite of a Heart Fruit that has the special effect, so if a Chao takes three bites of the fruit and throws it away and then give the fruit to a second Chao, the second Chao will immediately get flowers whil the first Chao will be unaffected except for the normal effect of eating fruit.
InkSelenaX
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: When you're in, there's no turning back

Post by InkSelenaX »

Actually, no, from what I've seen...
Nerds are ok, and so are you! :omochao: