Am I Getting Glitch Chaos?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Wake
Egg
Egg

Am I Getting Glitch Chaos?

Post by Wake »

I've scoured the internet trying to find out what the heck happened during a few breedings I've done.
I managed to somehow breed the first glitch chao from a Shiny Normal Two-Tone chao and a Normal Two Tone Chao.
The result came out looking like a Shiny White Monotone Chao.
I thought it was odd to get that result from that pair... but what was even more odd was what happened when I started interacting with the chao with Rouge, trying to get it to a dark alignment before it's first transformation.
The chao began changing color - it went from Shiny White Monotone, to Shiny Pink Monotone. However, the "pink" was more of a rosy pearl. I was honestly floored by it as I'd never seen a color like that.
Out of curiosity I then began interacting with the chao as Tails, trying to see what color it would be at a Hero alignment.
It turned Shiny White Monotone again.
However, the Neautral alignment was what got me. It was a stunning Shiny Sky Blue Monotone color. I kept it at that neutral alignment until it transformed, and also gave it Run drives to make it a run type.
It stayed a bright Sky Blue color, until it transformed.
Upon transforming, it finally ended up looking like a Shiny Lime Green Monotone, Neutral Run type.
I kept it around for a while, and bred it with a Normal Two-Tone chao to see what I'd get. I got what appeared to be a Monotone White chao. However, it seemed to get whatever trait the parent had, and ended up changing colors also. I kept this seemingly Monotone White chao and gave it a hero alignment before it transformed - it's color stayed the same. Plain white.
I then bred that Monotone White chao to a Shiny Normal Two-Tone chao... and got another Shiny Monotone White chao, that also possessed the ability to change colors.

I've searched the chao gallery and cannot find the type of chao I have. If anyone knows what type of chao these could be, or if they've even been seen before, please let me know! My curiosity is killing me!

Edit: I took pics to show 2 different "weird" chao that I've gotten. Both came from the (supposedly) Monotone White chao x Shiny Normal Two-Tone chao.

How the chao looked before

The color changing as I interact with it

Final color change in the Dark alignment

Another chao with the same "glitch(?)". I gave this chao Fly drives and it turned more of a purple-ish pink over time.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Am I Getting Glitch Chaos?

Post by Mamkute »

It is not a glitch.
You have a Monotone Normal chao. Normal chao are actually Normal two-tones, so they have highlights, and their base color changes based on evolution.
A montone normal chao just has a set "base" color, applied to the whole of their body. It's trademark aspect is being born white, and becoming red when a dark baby. All hero chao are just white, so are Chaos chao, so those are probably the least exciting. I don't think there is any page on CI detailing them, but you can see the Monotone normal evolutions on the chao gallery, just set tone to monotone and color to normal.

Congratulations on getting one of the weirder chao.