Slowness

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Canpaw
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Motto: I just ate dinner for breakfast!

Slowness

Post by Canpaw »

Is there any way for me to raise chao easily without dieing of impatience, or replaying the first part of Iron Gate a million times, thus making more time, thus making more imptience? Is there a way for me to more-easily do the infinite animal glitch? I cooould do the PC version of SA2 and use Fusion's Chao Editor, but I hate the mech levels with keyboard controls, and it seems kind of cheaty to me, so I'm not doing that one. Is the Gamecube version somehow better for chao raising?

Edit: More questions, this time relating to the Tiny Chao Garden. How do I fix the ring glitch in Sonic Advance 1? I've reset my file, and finished the first zone with 27 rings(the amount it says) many times. Why isnt it working?
a
Rufflikerex
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: I hope to one day see a new official Chao Garden.

Re: Slowness

Post by Rufflikerex »

For your first question watch this video by Saphirechao: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwwaoJicdss. This explains a glitch that will allow you to use Chaos Drives and Animals multiple times without "using them up". Also, if you want to speed up the evolution process, give your Chao a lot of food. And no, all versions of Chao Gardens are good for Chao Raising, except for PS3 if you prefer beginning Chao to be randomized.

As for your second question, http://chao.hippotank.com/tcg/glitches. This link's information seems to not have worked, so I suggest somehow deleting your Tiny Chao Garden of it's possible, or deleting your main save file again and trying to match your ring count a second time.
-Random Internet Person.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

To make the animal glitch easier, the best I could suggest is to only use animals because they stay in place (usually) after being used instead of Drives which always fly away.
Animals give more stat points anyways. That and never perform it with Eggman because his height makes positioning... awkward. I think that Sonic and Shadow both do the best job with the glitch too.
It's mostly practice after that.

The GameCube version (and 360) is better, personally at least, because a controller makes all the difference in being able to position yourself (and the mech levels).
That said, the Steam version supports controllers like the PS3 controller, but my experience has had me say that it's inferior in control.

Not sure whether or not I'd say the PS3 version itself is worse, I don't know.
I did better with a GameCube controller that was mapped to the keyboard keys than the actual keyboard, that's for sure.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Canpaw
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by Canpaw »

I know what the Animal Glitch is, and that you can kind of make it easier in the Hero Garden by making your chao stuck in a pillar, but the thing is my chao always somehow manages to escape the pillar after skipping towards my character, thus eating my half-fish.

Also, I have tried to fix the Tiny Chao Garden in Neo-Green-Hill Zone after resetting too many times to count
a
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

The pillar never really worked out for me honestly, my chao kept turning around in circles. I feel like doing that made it harder.
I prefer to pet my chao (which makes them stay in place for a while) and then give them my Chaos Drives.

...Annnnnd I just realized I didn't mention this before, so I'd say you should do that if you don't already.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Canpaw
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by Canpaw »

Thank you, that might help.

On the tiny chao garden fix, do I have to first reset the game data, finish the 1st level with the amount of rings I had in the tiny chao garden, and then do anything after that?
a
Rufflikerex
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: I hope to one day see a new official Chao Garden.

Post by Rufflikerex »

Canpaw wrote:Thank you, that might help.

On the tiny chao garden fix, do I have to first reset the game data, finish the 1st level with the amount of rings I had in the tiny chao garden, and then do anything after that?
Try this; first reset your game data, then play through the first level and collect the same amount of rings as you have in your TCG (Try to not get hit). After that exit the game (Don't turn off your GBA) and then enter your TCG. Exit the garden to save and then your problem should be fixed. Hopefully.
-Random Internet Person.
Canpaw
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by Canpaw »

Do I collect (blank) amount of rings total, or just exit the level with that amount of rings? And how do I exit the game without resetting my GBA?
a