Yellow, Purple, Pink

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
CanSteam
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: canpaw but with my own email

Yellow, Purple, Pink

Post by CanSteam »

I am aware that certain chao data files never have specific sets of 3 colors and their shiny variants, but I have actually never seen a yellow, pink, or purple egg ONCE on this XBOX 360, even across different gamertags. Also, is it just extremely rare, or impossible to get these colors?
is the pikmin in my avatar on something or...
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Re: Yellow, Purple, Pink

Post by Roaxes »

Might be a stupid question, but do you have enough emblems? Because I know that more stock will appear the more emblems you have. Also you could just be extremely unlucky, them never popping up randomly. xD

http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2b/black-market
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

Well, I've seen those colors on Gamecube. You know what I've never seen in the Black Market? Shiny red and shiny blue.
1, 10, 100, 1000, Manjyome!! THUNDER!!
CanSteam
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by CanSteam »

I have over 90 emblems.
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

I have 111.
1, 10, 100, 1000, Manjyome!! THUNDER!!
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

How many Gamertags have you tried and does it create a new Chao Garden every time? Do you always create the Chao Garden while using Save File 1? Have you tried using Save File 2 or another Save File?
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
CanSteam
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by CanSteam »

I've tried it with at least 3 before my parents got a new XBOX 360 Hard drive, and twice after.

And what do you mean by save file 1 and 2?
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

Not getting the result you want after only 5 tries isn't too surprising.

By File 1 and File 2 I mean how when you make a new Save File for the game, it'll be File 01 or File 02 and so on. I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes, but I have noticed that a a specific Save File can result in the same Black Market.
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by SwifterTheDragon »

This problem is listed somewhere on CI. Once you load up the game for the first time and make your first CHAO save file the game chooses three eggs that are unobtainable from then on. Save file one and save file two have no difference, as they both use the same Chao save file. I'm unsure on this part so correct me if I'm wrong, but even a new or separate Chao save file does not fix this. On the PC if the game is reinstalled it may change the colors. I don't remember all three sets, but one of the three sets are chosen and then unobtainable. Pink, purple and yellow, then brown, orange and red. I don't know the last one, but it has sky blue in it. A monotone red and shiny red apply as the same thing. Since you play on XBOX, unless you find a cheat for it the colors are unobtainable.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao

Post by Crazo3077 »

^
You're referring to the Black Market Guide thread, since I don't remember us adding that to the site yet, but from the original post on this thread, CanSteam was already aware of the Black Market limiting your number of Chao, and was specifically looking for advice on why the Black Market wasn't changing no matter how many times the game was reset.
CanSteam wrote:I am aware that certain chao data files never have specific sets of 3 colors and their shiny variants, but I have actually never seen a yellow, pink, or purple egg ONCE on this XBOX 360, even across different gamertags. Also, is it just extremely rare, or impossible to get these colors?
And the issue comes down to the creation of the Chao Save File, as opposed to the Game Save File, but I have always felt that each Game Save File can only result in one specific result with the Black Market, so creating a new Chao Save File with an existing Game Save File will not result in a new set of eggs available at the Black Market.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Post by UltimaNumber »

It might be possible, that the Xbox version has the same RNG problem as the Steam Version.

In case you don't know about the RNG problem, it affects the Black Market, the Chao you start out with, the Chao you're going to get, the Chao Races, and tripping in the Chao Races. All of this will always be predetermined, and the only way you can alter it slightly is having a different character, or having a certain amount of Run, but it's STILL predetermined.
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs