Chao Shape Determines the First Evolution

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 3 weeks old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Chao Shape Determines the First Evolution

Post by The Thunder »

After a successful experiment evolving Caramel into a stretchy and sweet Shiny Brown Dark Chaos Chao, I have reached the conclusion that it is ultimately the shape of a Child Chao's head that determines its first evolution, which can be changed with animals and Chaos Drives. Here's the story.

Caramel had a problem. The tyke had been given one each of the 21 animals and had reincarnated (transformed) twice, but somehow he was headed for a Power type evolution. It was quite possible the cause was the shape of the bump on his head. So I took a chance and provided him with some Chaos Drives, which my brother suggested to give Run Chaos Drives to negate his leaning to Power. He had about one or two Swim and Fly drives, but just one of the Run drives made a noticeable change. I must have given him several and soon, the shape of his head resembled that of a Normal type. After feeding Caramel three more Chao Fruit, he slipped into a cocoon, and... he was a Chaos Chao! Thus, my brother the genius has proven that types can still be negated to determine even the first evolution, but the real important factor is the Chao's appearance. If it is close to any of the five, it is just about ready. So Run negates Power and vice versa and Swim negates Fly and vice versa, even for first evolution. I had been under a half-misinterpretation laid out by Sapphire Chao from YouTube that stated that recent interactions with Chaos Drives would determine the type. In a way, yes, if your Chao is close to evolution, but how it looks will ultimately decide its type and for a Chaos Chao, it must be headed for the Normal type.

This story and my recent happening of three Dark Chao reincarnating in the same day will be told in my next Chao Adventure 2: Battle video, where I intend to focus on evolving the other two Chao who had reincarnated.

My brother's a genius! :cool: :herocool: :darkcool:
Last edited by The Thunder on Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
1, 10, 100, 1000, Manjyome!! THUNDER!!
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Re: Chao Shape Determines the First Evolution

Post by Ivogoji »

This sounds like it could use more testing for verification, if true it would be a very interesting discovery.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

Ivogoji wrote:This sounds like it could use more testing for verification, if true it would be a very interesting discovery.
Okay, maybe I should have done a video capture, but I know it works because I've done it and users are gonna have to take my word for it. After all, to get a Chaos Chao, a Child Chao has to be balanced, right? Therefore, Swim and Fly cancel each other out as do Run and Power even before a Child Chao evolves for the first time. This would be essential if a Child Chao is somehow leaning towards a non-Normal type as Caramel did and thus its Power had to be cancelled out with Run Chaos Drives. The experiment worked like a charm, so I have confirmed that cancelling out can factor a first evolution and a Child Chao's appearance will ultimately determine its type. It's all true, trust me, and if nobody here on Chao Island or anywhere else ever discovered this or figured it out, then my brother is a genius.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

+1 to this sounding like gradual evolution. You can also use extra animals to correct any imbalance, and the reason the imbalance occurs in the first place is that 9 of the 21 animals have a random affect on the Swim<>Fly and Run<>Power sliders, and is more than enough to influence towards one type if they all roll the same direction.
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:+1 to this sounding like gradual evolution. You can also use extra animals to correct any imbalance, and the reason the imbalance occurs in the first place is that 9 of the 21 animals have a random affect on the Swim<>Fly and Run<>Power sliders, and is more than enough to influence towards one type if they all roll the same direction.
That must be what happened to Caramel then. I did all the steps correctly, but it seemed that Caramel just happened to be leaning towards the Power type. This means I kind of disregarded the step that you have to keep a Child Chao balanced. Caramel is the first Chao that I had to balance out with Chaos Drives in order to become a Chaos Chao. The other five before it just happened to be well balanced and didn't have any Chaos Drives. This if anything should totally destroy the original popular belief that started 15 years ago.
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: I'm a cool kitty cat

Post by Pratzelwurm »

Chao evolution depends on three values: dark/hero, swim/fly, and run/power. Each of these exits on a slider from -1 to +1, respectively, with 0 being neutral. In order to guarantee a chao's evolution, I believe you have to raise (or lower) it's stat past the halfway mark (+/- 0.5), but I'm not able to double check atm. For example, if you give your chao 20 purple drives, it's swim/fly slider will go up, but if you follow that with 20 yellow drives, the slider will go back down to zero, resulting in a normal evolution.

As for appearance, chaoadventures is correct that this is gradual evolution. Basically, your chao's appearance is dependent on two things: it's stat sliders and it's progress towards evolution, meaning that the closer a chao is to evolving, the more significant changes you will see it it's appearance, especially if you decide to move it's stats last minute. Another important thing to know is that if your chao is maxed out in two different stats, say, swim and power, the chao will evolve to the one that was more recently raised. Actually, as Jeffrey pointed out, the chao will evolve based on the hierarchy swim > run/power > fly.

So, what I'm getting at is that it's not shape that determines evolution, it's numerical values in the code which determine both of these things. Although, watching your chao's appearance is certainly a good indicator of how close it is to evolving and what type it will be when it does.
Last edited by Pratzelwurm on Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25↑ | he/him | simultaneously dead and alive until observed

:herocool:
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

^That is mostly correct. The one glaring error is that ties are broken by a predetermined hierarchy, not whatever was most recently changed:
Swim beats Run/power
run and power beat fly.
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Pratzelwurm »

^ Thanks for that correction.

The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

It's just the same as determining second evolution. Run and Power cancel each other out and so do Swim and Fly. I'm about to work towards getting another Chaos Chao, and given my past experiment with Caramel, I'll know exactly what to do if something goes wrong.
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Pratzelwurm »

Yep, except in second evolution, instead of types overiding others, you can get combinations like swim+run or fly+power.

Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Technically, you can get hybrid types with first evolution, it's just that when evolution strength reaches 1.0, the Chao goes into a cocoon and whichever type is weaker or loses the tie gets wiped out as first evolution ends and second evolution begins. With Second evolution, evolution strength is allowed to reach it's max value of 1.2 and the Chao's second evolution remains fluid until death or reincarnation, so provided your Chao is long lived and quickly reaches max evolution strength, second evolution gives you time to enjoy a maxed out hybrid and time to enjoy using Chao appearance as a visual representation of the swim<>fly and run<>power sliders.

I know Fusion listed things that increase evolution strength in a thread on gradual evolution, but I can't remember how much each item increases and can't remember what increases it other than time and I think feeding.
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Pratzelwurm »

^ giving drives and animals bumps it as well.

The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

Exactly. And as long as a Chao has reincarnated at least twice, learned all the animal abilities, and its happiness is 50 or higher, its Normal evolution will be cut off and instead become Chaos.