A Cry baby Chao can still be a Chao Race champion

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

A Cry baby Chao can still be a Chao Race champion

Post by The Thunder »

I have a Blue Two-Tone Dark Power type Chao named Luna, raised under the care of Tails. Its personality is "Cry baby" and while I heard that the personality either stalls or doesn't raise Intelligence and Luck at all, I'm not so sure about that, as Luna did very well in just about every race. Luna is now currently a champion in race and karate at a very early age, being a Grand Master and having won all possible medals, but I still have yet to max out its stats. So either there's more to this "Cry baby" personality than what is believed, or that feeding Luna lots of Chao fruit caused Intelligence and Luck to grow regardless, OR Luna has simply overcome its "Cry baby" personality.
1, 10, 100, 1000, Manjyome!! THUNDER!!
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: A Cry baby Chao can still be a Chao Race champion

Post by chaoadventures »

Well I mean,

Karate doesn't even use the Luck and Intelligence stats in the first place.

But more importantly, the current status on info about Personalities says that none of them actually do anything in the first place.
(unless you're using Chao World Extended, which directly states it adds effects to personalities) The only places that give that info are, the now defunct Chao Civic and I'm guessing old Youtube videos.

A simple test with Fusion's Editor shows that, yes, their Luck and Intel goes up normally. Heck, I fed mine bats (which have been said elsewhere to lower Luck) and it still worked.

At the core, what matters for a chao's success is their Grades and if they get "high number rolls" each time they level up based on that Grade.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Post by Chao Professor »

Ah... Yes, I don't believe personalities affect ability in any way at all, and that also goes for the hidden ones. As Chaoadventures said, it really depends on the grade the chao has. However, I think I know where the original speculation may have originated from.

http://www.tangwistel.com/chaology/person.html

Although well-written, a lot of the information posted here is incorrect. It even lists a personality that I don't believe exists. (Picky eater)
Image It's still thinking...
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

I've stuck to the Gamecube version of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Data checks say SA2B GC is the same as all of the 2012 releases of SA2BHD (PC, 360, etc.). Old information for SA2DC (which may be incorrect in itself) was commonly confused for general SA2B information,
even if the most commonly played version of the game is the GameCube version. And lastly, that site actually seems oriented towards the GC version.

The important question to ask at this point is where did you get this info to begin with?

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

chaoadventures wrote:Data checks say SA2B GC is the same as all of the 2012 releases of SA2BHD (PC, 360, etc.). Old information for SA2DC (which may be incorrect in itself) was commonly confused for general SA2B information,
even if the most commonly played version of the game is the GameCube version. And lastly, that site actually seems oriented towards the GC version.

The important question to ask at this point is where did you get this info to begin with?
I guess I was looking around online trying to figure out if Chao personalities meant anything. Now I don't remember exactly where I got it in the same way I couldn't exactly "prove" that when a Child Chao's path to the Chaos ability is messed up, it can always be fixed as long as their head shape shows that they're headed for Normal type evolution. Perhaps what I'm trying to say in this post is that it seems that Chao personalities don't mean much or affect much in the long run.