Eating In One Sitting?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
del
Egg
Egg
Motto: Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

Eating In One Sitting?

Post by del »

Hey there, just signed up for the forum due to getting back into chao-raising and using mods to do it. And now that I'm getting started and reacquainting myself with the game, I'm reminded of one small annoyance I've always had and if there's anything you can do to mod it or counter it.

Is there a way to get chao to eat an entire fruit/nut in one sitting? I faintly recall the Big Eater personality possibly helping with this, but having to always stand around a chao and wait for him to toss things aside and give it to him again and again always feels super tedious. Is there a mod to just cut out this behaviour? Is there a way to prevent it?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re: Eating In One Sitting?

Post by The Thunder »

Chao are more likely to eat a fruit or mushroom in one go if they are actually hungry. Maybe it depends on their Belly meter, which is hidden from every Chao interface except the Tiny Chao Garden it seems. If Chao toss aside what they are eating, it usually means that they are full and there's only a chance they'll consume anything in one go. So in all likelihood, the best solution to what you describe is to wait it out.

I know it can be tedious, but for me personally, it's worth it to see a Chao's stats grow, especially with Chao fruits aiding them to reach Level 99 in all their stats. You don't need a mod to help a Chao eat its way to Level 99 in any stats. You should be quite capable of getting them there within the first one or two years in their lives depending on how persistent you are.
1, 10, 100, 1000, Manjyome!! THUNDER!!
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Post by UltimaNumber »

The Thunder wrote:Chao are more likely to eat a fruit or mushroom in one go if they are actually hungry. Maybe it depends on their Belly meter, which is hidden from every Chao interface except the Tiny Chao Garden it seems. If Chao toss aside what they are eating, it usually means that they are full and there's only a chance they'll consume anything in one go. So in all likelihood, the best solution to what you describe is to wait it out.
The Belly Meter in the Tiny Chao Garden doesn't indicate their hunger in the GCN Gardens at all. The Belly meter is always set at 5 when you put it in the garden, in fact, so is the Mood Meter. If not 5, then a certain set number, but point is, it isn't related to the GCN hunger or mood in any way.
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by The Thunder »

UltimaNumber255 wrote:
The Thunder wrote:Chao are more likely to eat a fruit or mushroom in one go if they are actually hungry. Maybe it depends on their Belly meter, which is hidden from every Chao interface except the Tiny Chao Garden it seems. If Chao toss aside what they are eating, it usually means that they are full and there's only a chance they'll consume anything in one go. So in all likelihood, the best solution to what you describe is to wait it out.
The Belly Meter in the Tiny Chao Garden doesn't indicate their hunger in the GCN Gardens at all. The Belly meter is always set at 5 when you put it in the garden, in fact, so is the Mood Meter. If not 5, then a certain set number, but point is, it isn't related to the GCN hunger or mood in any way.
I only said "maybe".
1, 10, 100, 1000, Manjyome!! THUNDER!!