Age of Chao on Sonic Adventure for Dreamcast

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
jial
Egg
Egg

Age of Chao on Sonic Adventure for Dreamcast

Post by jial »

Hi, I would like to know how many years can live a chao, and what is the relation between 1 chao year and real time
The Thunder
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re: Age of Chao on Sonic Adventure for Dreamcast

Post by The Thunder »

I assume that roughly 3 hours is equivalent to 1 Chao year. And how long they live can vary depending on how well they're raised. Normally, their life expectancy is about 4 to 5 years, which means it takes at least 15 hours for a Chao to reach the end of its life expectancy. But again, this can vary depending on how it is raised and taken care of.
1, 10, 100, 1000, Manjyome!! THUNDER!!
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Post by UltimaNumber »

Age of Dreamcast Chao is might be significantly faster, actually, it is, by how much I don't know, but what I DO know so far is that it takes less than 2 hours for the Chao to evolve if you don't feed it any fruit OR animals. Feed it 20 Coconuts and it only takes ~40 minutes to evolve.

I'm currently digging deeper to extend my knowledge of the Dreamcast Chao, as I've been into know them lately.
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

The Chao System doesn't change much from SA2 > SA2B > SADX and most Chao fans have either played with Chao via Gamecube, the original PC port of SADX, or the steam version of SA2, so that shared version of the Chao system is fairly well documented. Something people often forget is that the Chao system recieved a complete overhaul from SA1 > SA2, and the system exclusive to the Dreamcast version of SA1 is nowhere near as well documented.

I've never played a Dreamcast or a full-speed Dreamcast Emulator, so I can't help with how natural lifespans are different in SA1, but I've heard SA1 Chao have some kind of HP system such that abuse doesn't lead to a gray cocoon when the chao dies of old age, but can actually cause the Chao to die early.
Arctic
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: trans rights

Post by Arctic »

Eyyy it's the first post I made in like a yearrr

I have played the original DC version of SA1 and Chao age very differently than in the newer games.
I'm not too sure on the specifics because its been a while since I played it (SA2 is honestly far better), but I believe they only lived about 5 ish hours? Then another thing is when they breed due to a heart fruit they instantly reincarnated/die. I abused that to get a Chaos Chao in like ten minutes...
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by UltimaNumber »

Arctic wrote:I have played the original DC version of SA1 and Chao age very differently than in the newer games.
I'm not too sure on the specifics because its been a while since I played it (SA2 is honestly far better), but I believe they only lived about 5 ish hours? Then another thing is when they breed due to a heart fruit they instantly reincarnated/die. I abused that to get a Chaos Chao in like ten minutes...
Instant death/rebirth? Oh, boy, now I REALLY want to experiment with SA1's Chao System and share what I know when I'm finished, which may take months from now! I DO hear in quite a few places that Chao age too quick, to reach 999 Stats in Garden alone... So many things to test...

My YouTube stuffs
Arctic
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Arctic »

UltimaNumber255 wrote:
Arctic wrote:I have played the original DC version of SA1 and Chao age very differently than in the newer games.
Instant death/rebirth? Oh, boy, now I REALLY want to experiment with SA1's Chao System and share what I know when I'm finished, which may take months from now! I DO hear in quite a few places that Chao age too quick, to reach 999 Stats in Garden alone... So many things to test...
Yeah, it's vastly different from SA2 onward. ._.
Good luck experimenting with it, I had a blast playing it when I did, but after the novelty wore off I went back to my GameCube xD
They do age far too quickly to get all 999 in game (each animal raises like, 2 points and are not reusable...), matter of fact you can't even see their stats without transferring them to the VMU. >.>
It's rough going to that game if you're used to the newer ones so be prepared xD
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by UltimaNumber »

Arctic wrote:
UltimaNumber255 wrote:
Good luck experimenting with it, I had a blast playing it when I did, but after the novelty wore off I went back to my GameCube xD
They do age far too quickly to get all 999 in game (each animal raises like, 2 points and are not reusable...), matter of fact you can't even see their stats without transferring them to the VMU. >.>
It's rough going to that game if you're used to the newer ones so be prepared xD
I'll probably have loads of fun playing with the low-poly Chao. And when I'm done, I can finally be ready to make a series of videos regarding them, whether it'd be sharing info, playing with them, or both! ^v^

My YouTube stuffs
Arctic
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Arctic »

UltimaNumber255 wrote:
Arctic wrote:
UltimaNumber255 wrote:
I'll probably have loads of fun playing with the low-poly Chao. And when I'm done, I can finally be ready to make a series of videos regarding them, whether it'd be sharing info, playing with them, or both! ^v^
I hope you do! :3 Let us know what all you find out, especially regarding the HP/aging system, since even after having played the game that's something that still mystified me haha xD