Black Market Glitch! (Sonic Adventure 2)

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
InkSelenaX
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: When you're in, there's no turning back

Black Market Glitch! (Sonic Adventure 2)

Post by InkSelenaX »

I'm sure that many people don't really like to grind rings in stages, so, here is a glitch that can help you get rings easier and maybe even faster once you get it all right! :surprise:

so first thing's first, you'll need to have at least 1 item from the black market (or an egg shell, your choice), and make sure to have it already saved in one of the Chao Gardens, if you haven't, just go buy something from the black market and put it in the chao garden and exit, then, go to the garden again, with any character chosen (I'm 100% sure that this glitch works regardless of what character you choose), get into the garden with the item you want to sell into the Black Market (let's just say a cardboard box), go to the kindergarten then go to the market, and pay attention to your ring count, that will be important :darksurprise:

Now, depending on what item you sell, the price will always be 1/4 of what it usually is, like, if you have a flower pot (4000 rings) and you sold it to the black market, you would sell it for 1000 rings.

So, you sell the item (which again, is a cardboard box), which would be 500 rings you would get out of it. Once you sell it, go to Settings and change it a bit (THIS IS IMPORTANT). Now, what the game would do is save the GAME DATA, which is the data where the rings are usually stored, though, it doesn't save the Chao data, which is why this glitch works.

After you save the game data, either go into the Xbox 360 Home or reset the game (or just anything depending on what port you're playing) and then go back to the Chao World, go to the Chao Garden where the item was originally placed and it should still be there, however, if you go back to the black market, you will still have the rings you had when you sold the item! If you want to, just rinse and repeat the glitch, and you'll have a lot of rings in no time! :chaohappy: :herosway: :darkhappy:

[Im not sure if this works of the Dreamcast version or any other version, but, just try this glitch out and see what becomes of it!]

EDIT: I've done a video on this glitch the same day I've posted this Forum! So, if you want to see the glitch in action, it's right here! - https://youtu.be/0cltO-CpcwU
Last edited by InkSelenaX on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nerds are ok, and so are you! :omochao:
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Re: Black Market Glitch! (Sonic Adventure 2)

Post by Crazo3077 »

I'm glad to hear it also works on 360! It should work fine on all modern versions of the game, I would imagine, but it is nice to hear people actually doing it.

I can tell you it wouldn't work on Dreamcast because there isn't a Black Market quite like the one you're used to on later versions. The Dreamcast was one of the first consoles to regularly connect to the internet, and the Black Market was an internet only feature. If you click the link bellow, it will show you what the Dreamcast looked like when using the Dreamcast web browser. You could only really get Chao from it. There was a mini-game you could play on the Visual Memory Unit or VMU to obtain things like fruits and seeds, but not much else.

http://backup.segakore.fr/sonic2.dricas ... index.html
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
InkSelenaX
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: When you're in, there's no turning back

Re: Black Market Glitch! (Sonic Adventure 2)

Post by InkSelenaX »

Crazo3077 wrote:I'm glad to hear it also works on 360! It should work fine on all modern versions of the game, I would imagine, but it is nice to hear people actually doing it.

I can tell you it wouldn't work on Dreamcast because there isn't a Black Market quite like the one you're used to on later versions. The Dreamcast was one of the first consoles to regularly connect to the internet, and the Black Market was an internet only feature. If you click the link bellow, it will show you what the Dreamcast looked like when using the Dreamcast web browser. You could only really get Chao from it. There was a mini-game you could play on the Visual Memory Unit or VMU to obtain things like fruits and seeds, but not much else.

http://backup.segakore.fr/sonic2.dricas ... index.html

Oh yeah! Thanks for bringing that up! I almost forgot that the Dreamcast version didn't have the same black market as the other versions. I may have forgotten about it because I've grown up playing the GameCube version along with the Xbox 360 port, though, it's very interesting to know that SEGA made a website specifically for the Dreamcast version, especially if emblems were used to obtain Jewel chao, since, the only way I know how to get a Jewel chao is to transfer them from the original Sonic Adventure (or directors cut) to Sonic Adventure 2, however, I know that the Modern ports don't have a way to transfer chao, so, they become unused, though, Jewel chao still exist in the first game and only 2 (from I can recall) are obtainable.

Also, yes, definitely. I honestly love documenting what I do on the 360 version, since I notice that there's a lack of information regarding it and it's really the only version I really play, so, it's nice to know that I'm getting some information out there for those who are interested :sway:
Nerds are ok, and so are you! :omochao: