What happened to Silence (my Bright Chao)?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
InkSelenaX
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: When you're in, there's no turning back

What happened to Silence (my Bright Chao)?

Post by InkSelenaX »

Well... this happened 2 weeks prior to creating my account, but anyways, I had this White bright Chao named Silence, and he is a Dark Fly/Power type, and I took great care of him with Sonic, but, the thing is that when he was either going to reincarnate or die, he ended up dying even though I took very great care of him for the most part... what in the world happened that made him die? Did I do something horribly wrong? Because I don't even remember abusing him with any character of any kind or sort...

(I don't have an image of him, since I didn't take a picture of him at the time this event happened.)
Nerds are ok, and so are you! :omochao:
FluffyCats
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: It's not what you do, it's how you do it

Re: What happened to Silence (my Bright Chao)?

Post by FluffyCats »

Was Silence able to swim? I've heard that when chao go in the water when they can't swim, they have their happiness decreased in some way.
"No problem! He's just a chunk of cheesy hardware." -Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Adventure
InkSelenaX
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: When you're in, there's no turning back

Post by InkSelenaX »

FluffyCats wrote:Was Silence able to swim? I've heard that when chao go in the water when they can't swim, they have their happiness decreased in some way.
Huh... I remember giving him some swimming animals at some point, and I have gotten him up some levels in that Category, at least to the smimming level of 17. Also, If I remember correctly... I've read that Chao that go in the water and can't swim won't have any decrease in friendship...

But maybe I was given false info, which is pretty likely.
Nerds are ok, and so are you! :omochao:
Rufflikerex
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: I hope to one day see a new official Chao Garden.

Post by Rufflikerex »

Perhaps your chao's happiness points were just under the required amount for reincarnation. So, pretty much bad luck.
-Random Internet Person.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

^That much is guaranteed, but the why is pretty strange.

I am sorry for your loss. Maybe he was sick? That is pretty strange and sad though.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Post by Chao Professor »

It has been proven that neither sickness nor drowning can decrease a chao's happiness. Perhaps you accidentally took away some fruit that Silence was eating? I've done that to a chao before, it lowers happiness quite drastically. Really, the only reason a chao will pass away is because of abuse during its lifetime, so that's what must've happened, even if you don't remember it. The only other reason I can think of is if the chao had barely any contact with any character (as it needs a happiness stat of over 30, which isn't difficult to achieve during a chao's lifetime), but from what you've told us, this isn't the case.

I'm sorry for your loss :darkcry:
Image It's still thinking...