Is there a way to get a flame on a Chao's head in SADX?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
InkSelenaX
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: When you're in, there's no turning back

Is there a way to get a flame on a Chao's head in SADX?

Post by InkSelenaX »

So, I just got accustomed to the SADX Chao Garden and I was wondering how you can get a flame on a chao's head...
I know how to get it in the sequel, but, I don't know if you can get it in SADX without transferring to and from the Tiny Chao Garden...
Is there a way for that to happen or is it just exclusive to SA2B/SA2?
Nerds are ok, and so are you! :omochao:
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Is there a way to get a flame on a Chao's head in SADX?

Post by chaoadventures »

No, not normally. But dark chaos chao get one after they evolve.

What I don't know, is if non-chaos chao keep the fire above their head after being transferred between games, since (to my knowledge) all animal parts disappear between games.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
InkSelenaX
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by InkSelenaX »

chaoadventures wrote:No, not normally. But dark chaos chao get one after they evolve.

What I don't know, is if non-chaos chao keep the fire above their head after being transferred between games, since (to my knowledge) all animal parts disappear between games.
Huh... interesting... I bet it's because both games have different animals (SA1/DX having Lions and Blue jays, SA2/B having Dragons and Unicorns, pretty sure there are more) though, that really makes me wonder...
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

SADX uses a modified version of the Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Chao Garden, and we've had plenty of people on this site dig through the game's textures since the original PC release. The animals from Sonic Adventure 2 were removed, as well as the parts they cause, and the animals and parts from the original Sonic Adventure were inserted, as well as some other lingering data.

If they wanted to be cool, they'd have tried to transfer them over, but it likely would have been too much effort. Instead you can appreciate that a Chao loaded up with animals can have them all "removed" by transferring them to the other game. But also remember that underneath lies animal parts that will go unseen.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

Another thing is that SADX came out 2 years after SA2B, so the team responsible for porting SA2 probably didn't have the foresight to add SA1's animal parts.

Meaning, even if SADX had all of the animal parts in its data, SA2B wouldn't be able to detect all of the ones from SADX, making the cycle incomplete.

- - -
InkSelenaX
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by InkSelenaX »

@Crazo3077, Huh, I never knew that... though, one thing does concern me. If a Chao is transferred from SA2B to SADX and then back to SA2B, then, would they keep the same animal parts? As in, without giving the Chao the DX animals and still having the 2B animal parts, even though the game can't recognize the animal data. Also, I do notice that both games have some of the same animals, such as the Peacock, Gorilla, Skunk, Rabbit, Otter, and some others, so, I wonder what happens if they have extra parts and are sent to DX (the most notable added part is with the Gorilla and it's brown[?] brow.)

I actually plan to test it all out in the future, since I don't have a GBA cable nor a perfectly working copy of Sonic Advance.

@chaoadventures, Oh wow... I thought that DX came out in 2000 or at least 2001, but, I just looked on my game box and it says that it was made in 2003 (I just noticed that, and I feel a bit weird not knowing about it sooner) and yeah, that makes a lot of sense, now that I think about it. That does make me wonder about why they didn't release SADX prior to SA2B and didn't put the Animals from SA1 to SA2(B). Maybe the Dreamcast version can transfer the Chao to the sequel and still keep the animal parts, unlike it's GCN counterpart.

I mean, to be honest, if I still had a working copy of 2B (yes, my game disc doesn't work anymore...), I would've loved to have a Chao with it's Lion-like Mohawk- er... mane? (Doesn't look like one.)
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

I think SA2B came out first because it was the last Sonic game made for the Dreamcast (only 6 months prior) before they canceled production of the system and their games.
Everyone who made the DC version was probably still working for Sega, so it most likely wasn't a huge deal to make.

As for the SA1DC and SA2DC transferring between each other, I think game itself actually warns the player to not transfer anything between games, so I doubt it carries animal parts.

The SA1DC used a much different chao system than any of the other games, so the game basically freaks out trying to decipher chao data that it can't read anymore. (I believe this is an example picture)

- - -
InkSelenaX
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by InkSelenaX »

@chaoadventures, OH SWEET MOTHER OF CHAOS. ...that is the most terrifying thing I've ever seen... ...it reminds me of another such Chao by the name of "DUMMY", which is basically SA2(B) trying to generate Jewel Chao data, but failing to do such, creating a glitchy and warped mess. ...And about DX not being a huge deal is pretty much why the port has a lot of flaws, such as glitching through the right side of the wall on the way to the orca (before the loop). I mean, I thought that they would take the time they need to touch up on the glitches.