Egg colours?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Bubblebeam
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Egg colours?

Post by Bubblebeam »

My friend and I are being driven mad trying to get our preferred egg colours at the black market. We both only ever see green, orange, blue, white and maybe grey. Never sky blue, pink, purple, brown or yellow. Here's what we've tried.

1). Deleting the chao save data and even resetting the console after to clear the PS3 cache. The newly generated chao world still will not show different colour eggs.
2). Starting a new save (aside from our main ones) both with no chao data and with it. Grabbed sufficient emblems for our wanted colours to appear in the BM. They still do not.

Is there anything else we can try besides deleting our main saves and losing all emblems along with it just for different egg colours?
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Re: Egg colours?

Post by Chao Professor »

I believe that each main save file is assigned a specific egg group upon creation (that, to my knowledge, cannot be changed even by resetting chao data.) All save files after it seem to also carry over this set of colours. I'm not that familiar with the PS3 version, but I think the only way might be to reset the main save, unfortunately. It's a total pain, and a major design flaw. I get that it was supposed to encourage trading, but it just complicates things. Good luck anyways
Image It's still thinking...
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Post by azureprism »

Would backing up the main save somewhere and then wiping all SA2B saves help reset what colours the game assigns to new save files? Additionally, are the console versions' save files still separate from the Chao save files?
Bubblebeam
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Bubblebeam »

Yes they're separate files. I don't think that would work, or anything for that matter. After looking into it for so long. It seems the colour pool is decided based on the PS3s virtual memory card, which you can't even change. I'm not even sure loading the save on another PS3 account would do anything, but I couldn't even test that as the saves are account locked.

Thanks once again Sega for being a PITA. :darkangry:

Trying SA2B on Steam now which results in problems of it's own, mostly FPS issues.
Giara
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Giara »

are you playing sa2b? because in this game the items on the black market appears only if you have enough emblems. There are some eggs that are more "expensive" than others and those are the pink, purple, sky blue, lime green and brown for example
sorry if my english sucks :herocry: