Do the gardens affect gradual evolution?

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Do the gardens affect gradual evolution?

Post by azureprism »

I've been noticing that it takes a lot of fruit to get the Chao in my Dark Garden on SA2B up to the point where second evolution looks complete, and I don't think I have the same problem in the other gardens. Sometimes, they look hardly anything like the main site's gallery ahows that a Chao of their type should look like when their magnitude maxes out. I think I remember reading somewhere on the forums that in SA2, the rate that evolution magntitude increases at varies from garden to garden, with the Hero Garden being the fastest and the Dark Garden being the slowest.

Is that true? Because if it is, then it's pretty stupid and kind of too bad that making custom Gamecube discs is next to impossible because it'd be nice to play a modded version that fixes that amongst other things. I'd try out the Steam version, but there are porting glitches like bright Chao that put me off it.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Do the gardens affect gradual evolution?

Post by chaoadventures »

That's correct. Hero Garden gives the most, and the Dark Garden gives the least.

This is something I'd think as being not so great, but the fact you can keep a chao and potentially control the rate they change seems useful since there's definite times I want to
keep a chao looking a certain way. not that I really use the dark garden anyways

That said, modding GC games is possible, as Wii Homebrew is a thing and I think there's some more... involved methods for playing them on an actual GameCube that I don't recall at the moment.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by azureprism »

Yeesh. Too bad that it's true. Honestly, I would have preferred if there was some sort of fruit in the game that reduced magnitude when fed if you wanted to control that sort of thing rather than tying it to the gardens - I'm pretty sure that even SADX's gardens don't do that. I definitely have got to try dig up my Wii at some point, since I've been wondering where it is for a while. There are a couple of Chao I've been wanting to edit the hex values of, mostly just stuff like removing medals or turning several Chaos Chao back to normal, but the possibility of modding SA2B sounds interesting as well. On that note, now I can't get Project M out of my mind.

Hopefully, the speed that magnitude increases at is something that can be easily tweaked if I ever learn how to do that sort of stuff. CWE has a couple of options that mess with evolution, either through halting or boosting it, doesn't it?
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

I think the idea of having ways to slow or speed up gradual evolution is good.
Tying it to gardens, in a very arbitrary way, is less good.

The fruit idea definitely seems preferable.
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by azureprism »

I can understand that residing in the Hero or Dark Gardens would affect alignment, but no matter how I think about it having them alter with the rates Chao grow at just feels ridiculous. Seems like a bit of an unfair bias.