Tips on How to Help others in need of Support

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Tips on How to Help others in need of Support

Post by Crazo3077 »

As you know, we get a lot of questions and people asking for help and want them to get the best and straight on answer to their problem. Well I am noticing some people aren't exactly helping all as much as they could. So I'm gonna give you some tips on how to help.

First off is, "What do I do if someone asks a question that is answered on the site already?" That's easy. Simply give them a link to that page or explain it in your own words. It saves us all time.

Example:
Chaoguy1: "How do I feed my Chao and what should I feed them?"
Crazo3077: "You pick up the fruit and the Chao should grab it. They should be fed the fruit in the garden or from the Black Market. There's more on this on the main part of the site in the Sonic Adventure 2 Battle section."

Now, "What if it isn't answered somewhere on the site?" Then tell them what you know about it. If you don't know anything, then don't post anything. Saves us all time.

Example:
Chaogirl2: "How do I get my Chao to learn how to plant seeds?"
Crazo3077: "Once you teach your Chao how to walk up right, by giving it enough in the Run stat, it has to beat Crab Pool in the Chao Races to get a shovel. It also helps beating Stump Vally and winning the Watering Can. Then you hand you Chao the seed and it will walk around to find where to plant it, and do such."

Finally, "I have no idea what to put as an answer! What do I do?" If you don't know anything about the question, just don't post. Don't add anything like, "I don't know." or "I wish i could help." Those don't help much at all. Instead, post constructive things that help others.

Bad Example:
SuperChao4063: "How do I get a Ghost Chao?"
RandomChao1242: "I HAVE NO IDEA! GIVE ME A COOKIE!

Good Example:
SuperChao4063: "How do I get a Ghost Chao?"
Crazo3077: "Well, there are many ways you could mean it. A Translucent Chao where you can see through it and see the body, a solid colored Chao that looks like it's a ghost with a ghostly tail and such, or Chao that looks like a floating Egg Shell."
SuperChao4063: "That last one. That's the one I mean."
Crazo3077: "Then you need to make an Invisible Chao [Shiny Yellow Chao bred a Jewel (Silver, Gold, ect.) Chao], feed it a Skeleton Dog, then give it the Egg Shell. Feeding it a Half-Fish could also help make the Emote-Ball look more Ghostly."

Then there is a common case that many of you need to know about. If someone has already helped, don't repeat what they said. That's just wasteful right there.

Bad Example:
Chao2Chao: "How do I get a Two-Tone Chao?"
Crazo3077: "You breed a Normal Chao with a Mono-Tone Chao."
RandomChao1242: "YOU MAKE THAT FIRST CHAO YOU GET HAVE BABIES WITH A CHAO FROM THE STORE!"

Good Example:
Chao2Chao: "How do I get a Two-Tone Chao?"
Crazo3077: "You breed a Normal Chao with a Mono-Tone Chao."
Master Chao: "A Normal Chao is the Chao you get when you start the game. A Mono-Tone Chao is a Color Chao like a Red Chao that you get from the Black Market."

I hope you have all learned something and this will help you all understand how to do this better. I will leave this topic unlocked for you guys to ask questions.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Filipe N
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Filipe N »

RandomChao1242: "YOU MAKE THAT FIRST CHAO YOU GET HAVE BABIES WITH A CHAO FROM THE STORE!" I died laughing with this one :chaohappy:
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

Oh, and another bad example:

ChaoWaht3v3r5: "How do I get my Chao to stop drowning in the pool?"
YerChao23: "Ask Crazo3077. He knows everything."
Crazo3077: "You feed them swim animals (Seals, Penguins, and Otters) or Yellow Chao Drives."
YerChao23: "Yeah, Crazo's right. Do what he said."

I know you like to say that someone can help, but that's just wasteful posting. Only post if it will help.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
yumthemuffin
Egg
Egg

how old?

Post by yumthemuffin »

About how old is your chao before it evolves for the first time?
Or does it have to do with its stats? :blink: :hero: [/img]
RS Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Re: how old?

Post by RS Chao »

yumthemuffin wrote:About how old is your chao before it evolves for the first time?
It evolves after one Chao year, which is roughly 3-5 hours in a Chao Garden.
Chaos the Light Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by Chaos the Light Chao »

RS Chao is wrong.
They evolve faster if they are cared for and have higher Stamina.

This one Chao evolved right after it hatched.
And it took forever for it to reach one.

(Is that a bad example?)
VIEWING MY PROFILE, ARE YOU?
Dragonstar100
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

that info helped

Post by Dragonstar100 »

that info helped alot thanks to who ever wrote most of this
pieman437
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Re: how old?

Post by pieman437 »

yumthemuffin wrote:About how old is your chao before it evolves for the first time?
Also if you want to speed up the process feed it tons of heart fruit so it transforms faster.
NinjaPie
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Re: Tips on How to Help others in need of Support

Post by NinjaPie »

Chao do evolve if left in the garden for 3 hours and evolve faster if fed friut.
Btw, the post above, WT*?
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao
Motto: Resident forum dinosaur.

Re:

Post by Enzo03 »

Crazo3077 wrote:Oh, and another bad example:

ChaoWaht3v3r5: "How do I get my Chao to stop drowning in the pool?"
YerChao23: "Ask Crazo3077. He knows everything."
Crazo3077: "You feed them swim animals (Seals, Penguins, and Otters) or Yellow Chao Drives."
YerChao23: "Yeah, Crazo's right. Do what he said."

I know you like to say that someone can help, but that's just wasteful posting. Only post if it will help.
Lies. That's a GOOD example. Image

Also, yeah, it has been my experience that Chao that are cared for and happy evolve faster... that is, from child to adult. In the Dreamcast version, it is merely one hour, so I have had plenty of experience with this (i.e. it is much faster and easier on my time to do). Caring for your baby Chao very much means that, while they will have a short childhood, they will be adults much longer to compensate. Caring for your adult Chao very much simply adds to their longevity; giving them enough care can even add an entire Chao "year" or even longer to their life span.
Conversely, if you torment a Chao as a child, it can take as long as two Chao years for it to evolve to adulthood. If you have done what I have tried, and set it in the water in a place where escape is impossible (I think this can only happen in the Dark Garden, in the cave... if that's also in the GC version) for hours without end, it can evolve as soon as it gets out of the water (LOL). I have been unable to get it to die just after evolution. Also, if you torment a Chao as an adult, then its life will become shorter and shorter, and may even die before it reaches 5 years of Chao age.
FYI: The "years" are actually just a number, nothing more. The only significance they hold is what the Doctor says about your Chao's age. If it is over 5, the Doctor says that the Chao "has lived a long life". I should know. I used a cheat device to make one of my Chao's age 99. He didn't die. The Chao life span is determined by two completely separate devices, both influenced solely by how well you care for your Chao, and how happy it is.
In short:
-Well cared for Chao grow up fast and live longer lives.
-Abused Chao grow up slowly and live shorter lives.
-Years mean nothing, but they still do work as a good marker for when to prepare for your Chao's death.

Now lets get this argument about evolution outta this thread.
Steam: crazyenzo03 - Discord: Enzo03 #2547
TurnerDAChaos
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re:

Post by TurnerDAChaos »

Chaos the Light Chao wrote:RS Chao is wrong.
They evolve faster if they are cared for and have higher Stamina.

This one Chao evolved right after it hatched.
And it took forever for it to reach one.

(Is that a bad example?)
Chao evolve faster if they HATE the character. They evolve more slowly when cared for since that a chao has a longer lifespan when cared for and shorter when not.
Ohayo!^^
Moonstalker
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Tips on How to Help others in need of Support

Post by Moonstalker »

Really, REALLY off topic.

Locking, but keeping the info here. <_<
SOLTYPE
My Tumblr ~ huge faggot coming through beep beep