How does everyone feel about this idea?

A forum for role-playing (RP) and other interactive story topics that require a lot of posts.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

How does everyone feel about this idea?

Post by Prince Ricard »

I had an idea earlier, and that is simply:

Megaman RP.

Tell me how you feel from those two words, because I think it might turn out kinda neat. Tell me if you think the idea is horrible, you think it's great, it's already been done(?), etc.
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Re: How does everyone feel about this idea?

Post by Speeps »

I've been into megaman classic as of late, haha.

It won't be horrible as long as it doesn't turn out like the Chao RPs here.
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Post by Dr. Roivas »

^So much this.

This has been done before, but it flopped pretty hard, the largest only getting to 8 pages before petering out.
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Post by CasualCollision »

Depends who makes it. Certainly I don't think most roleplayers on this site would make a good one.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

I think you'd be best suited either creating original characters that have their own stories within the Mega Man universe where the canon cast is a supporting cast or only encountered periodically; or you use canon characters that weren't given much character development in-game such as the Robot Masters so that you have room to develop them yourself, although I suggest when creating a personality for a Master, you draw from their ability or design theme.

Because I'll guarantee you that using people like Mega Man and Doctor Wily is going to make the RP mundane and it will quickly fizzle. I think it best you keep the main characters out of the picture as much as possible so that your characters avoid being cliche. Without the main cast involved there will be no one to compare to.

In any case, you may even get me involved with a good MM RP. If you're talking about other series you can still apply my comments. In fact, if you are at a loss for how to frame your RP, feel free to PM me if you need assistance with something.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

I could even get involved in a MM rp as well.

...I just need to pick from one of my characters I have already.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Prince Ricard »

Thanks for the input, everyone. I feel like it IS a good idea, but... I'm still unsure of what kind of story we'd have. Idunno. Feel free to spread ideas.
RileyTheChao123
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Location: I have the Chao Key, time to get to that Goal Ring!

Post by RileyTheChao123 »

Mabey 13 people join, and each one makes a character, 8 make Robot Masters, 1 makes a Hero similar to Megaman, 1 make a Villain like Dr Wily and 3 for the Wily Castle bosses (like Copy Robot and The Yellow Devil)
Im back, it feels good...
and guess what? i still got...
#Chaoswag
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

^ Not only do we not have 13 people, it means that the RP would be centered around one person's character and the rest would just sit in the background for most of the roleplay.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Lamby »

It is a world of research and innovation, ideas and exploration. World strife has been eliminated, for countries of old have long since set aside their differences and joined the WG (World Government) in order to adopt the environmental safety and public safety protocols that have been made standard by installation of Quality Control drones--PoliceBots--in every city that are deployed by humans from the comfort of Security Towers. These PoliceBots, nonlethal machines that specialize in quick captures, were built because of the surge of Robot Master technology, powerful humanoids with AI that closely mimics the neurology of human beings. PoliceBots adopt this AI, PoliceBot officers being the Robot Masters of law enforcement, and just as diverse. No longer content to depend on the Blue Bomber or the creations of Doctor Light to protect them from renegade scientists, humans have designed the PoliceBots to take their place. But some of these PoliceBot officers seem to have other plans, and the mysterious programming that forces them to go rogue does not seem to have a known origin. Scientists have determined this reprogramming is happening remotely. Thus, every robot with Master AI is under duress, because of how easily "influenced" they are. Only the robots that forfeit their sovereignty to human command are left alone, thus sparking a debate on if the AI is advanced enough to give robots personal discretion, pitting people and robots that support order vs. people and robots that want to advance other robots to citizen status.

In a world where the old fight of Mega vs. Wily is growing increasingly irrelevant, what are our canon heroes to do but choose a side or forgo both.

This is an alternate reality where the X series does not occur. My idea would support both original and canon characters while keeping them equally relevant and important.

If this interests anyone, I'd be happy to make the RP. The OP would be more elaborate of course. It isn't exactly game canon, but too much canon makes for a going through the motions RP.
Television romance "
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Prince Ricard »

^ I like it, but I was a BIT confused about the robot's programming and how they are being controlled. They sound pretty similar to Reploids in any case, so I assume this is just a world where someone other than Dr. Light created that technology and didn't do all the testing that Light did. But really, it sounds great.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Lamby »

We'll consider it a first draft. I'm going to rewrite it to see if I can iron out some confusing aspects of the premise. I did type this like a loose canon before I took care of some errands, and I'm seeing more confusing parts in addition to what confused you. But yes, it's similar to Reploids because it's something of a what-if scenario--at least for now.

I'll submit it here before making a thread to see if it sounds more clear.
Television romance "
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Prince Ricard »

Good idea. Also, remember to think about what kind of characters people will have.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Lamby »

Gotcha. I'm putting something much more polished together as we speak.
Television romance "
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

I'd join it if it's interesting enough.
RileyTheChao123
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Location: I have the Chao Key, time to get to that Goal Ring!

Post by RileyTheChao123 »

JmTsHaW wrote:^ Not only do we not have 13 people, it means that the RP would be centered around one person's character and the rest would just sit in the background for most of the roleplay.
I guess so, but it might make a good fangame similar to Cathode Raybots. *Puts on Fangaming Hat*
Im back, it feels good...
and guess what? i still got...
#Chaoswag
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Lamby »

Draft 2:
Spoiler:
It is a world of research and innovation, ideas and exploration. World strife has been largely eliminated, for countries of old have long since set aside their differences and joined the WG (World Government) in order to promote public safety and preserve the environment as a collective entity rather than as independent nations. In this era of collectivism and robotics, pollution has been contained in High Risk Zones far away from Residential and Commercial Zones, and the standard of living is utopian. Poverty no longer exists.

The fledgling WG has stayed quiet and submissive for much of the decade, allocating generous funds to scientists to experiment with so long as they produced results. It was the WG who approved the Metool and the Master AI Research Project, an experimental AI that would operate humanoid robots designed to work in conditions unsafe or unsuitable for humans. The WG quietly watched the Wily Wars, a spectacle that in their words quickly spiraled out of control. Mega Man appeared to save the day each time… at the expense of property and valuable technology being destroyed in the crossfire. The WG quietly watched the Mr. X Tournament with alarm: it only proved that the Master AI was easily reverse engineered and that the proliferation of the Robot Master models was dangerously eminent. They quietly watched the Blue Bomber struggle more than ever before against Bass and the new generation of WilyBots that used Master AI so advanced that sympathetic humans could not dismiss their humanity as easily as they once could.

The WG quietly looted schematics from the wreckage of each Wily defeat, and over the years assembled a plan that would be a counterpoint to the rampant production of Master models.

After the nearly botched containment of the Roboenza outbreak, what little faith the WG still had in the Blue Bomber had eroded. Wily was no longer left in the hands of law enforcement and locked in a WG Security Facility. Mega Man, having no idea his relevance was about to wane in the eyes of the public, was finally able to relax with his friends.

The WG then contracted several scientists to finally assemble the plan they had been nurturing for the last decade: using schematics lifted from ten Wily fortresses, they would mass produce Robot Masters that used the advanced Master AI and launch a security force that would supersede local police forces and answer directly to a WG council or be deactivated.

But the WG has underestimated the Master AI, which was designed to evolve if threatened. Because there has never been an eminent threat to the freedom of machines who willingly serve humans, rebelliousness seldom arose. The SF has gone rogue and will stop at nothing to recruit Robot Masters and House Robots alike.

In a world where the old fight, Mega vs. Wily, is growing increasingly irrelevant, what are our canon heroes and newcomers to do but join the SF or the rebel machines or forgo both?

Humans, Rebel Bots and Robot Masters/Servant Bots (may be original or Canon Characters) are able acceptable choices for this RP.
I still am not entirely happy with this. Any input? I think I need to shrink the scope.
Television romance "
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Prince Ricard »

Yeah, that would work. And I'm also thinking we need to elaborate on the kind of weapons/technology characters can have.
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

Anyone wanting a robot master in the DWN. series (and possibly cossack's robots) would need to specify why they're functioning after their canon game. The DLN/DRN. robot masters are evidently rebuilt, so it wouldn't be a problem for them. (Granted, most of this post does rely on Super Adventure Rockman logic.)

It would be best if all character roles were sorted out prior to the RP starting, just so we can avoid people joining in the most random of times. If I were to play a canon robot master, it would probably be Elecman considering he's my favourite. But I can also go with Iceman or create an OC if needed to.