Secure. Contain. Protect. *LOOKING FOR RP'ERS*

A forum for role-playing (RP) and other interactive story topics that require a lot of posts.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 2 weeks old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
jackteam54
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Secure. Contain. Protect. *LOOKING FOR RP'ERS*

Post by jackteam54 »

Welcome to the SCP Foundation. Before you get started please view the introduction video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGh_a2RasQc

Now that you have viewed the introduction video lets get started.

Description:
This roleplay is based off of the fiction world of the SCP Foundation. If you have not read anything related to SCP and have little clue about what it is please read up at http://www.scp-wiki.net/
The current time of this is shortly after the SCP Foundation has reached the 2000s in number of SCPs. Suddenly, SCPs are appearing rapidly. Site 19 is increased in size to accommodate for the sudden influx. You play the role of staff members whether you have Level 5 Clearance or maybe even a D-Class as the struggle for control over the new SCPs begin.

Example Character Sheet(I am using mine as example):
Name: Dr. John Lamoreaux
Clearance Level: Level 5
Appearance: Short brown hair, light beard. Fairly skinny. Wears glasses. Caucasian
Biography: Known throughout the Site-19 as one of the most experienced in dealing with Euclid and Keter SCPs, though this small fame has lead to him to become a little bit too courageous and sometimes rather foolish. Takes his job very seriously but does tend to be a joker when not working on any SCPs. At times gets a little too involved in trying to explain the unexplained sometimes leading to him seemingly vanishing into his office for hours and hours on end.

Making SCPs for the RP:
One of the most important parts of this roleplay are the SCPs themselves, while some will be used off of the site, one of the main focuses is the new SCPs. Now making SCPs isn't the easiest thing, you have to have a lot of originality when doing so, after all there is over 1000 SCPs on the site. Now SCPs should be made in similar design to the way there are on the actual site, though they don't have to be as detailed. Also something that is highly recommended to include is how the item was discovered and recovered. Optionally you can get someone else to write them for you if your skills aren't the best. Personally, I would be more than welcome to help you with your ideas. All discussion related to making SCPs should be in OOC, which is done by putting what you want to say in the parenthesis.

THE RULES:
1. Please refrain from making this into some stupid love story like I see a lot of RPs become, no matter what its about. Dating and all is OKAY but don't go into it right away if you do go ahead and take the exit.
2. Please check over your posts. We don't need people going around saying stuff like this:
"I wented tu sai dat SCP-173 is actuly a gohst!"
Obviously I over did that but please check your spelling and grammar before posting.
3. This is a more serious RP, so nothing overly goofy. Jokes and all are OK but please refrain from being overly ridiculous, this is a top secret government facility made to protect the world, its going to be a very serious and difficult job.
4. Be original in your character's backstory and SCP creations.
5. Please refrain from small, detail-lacking posts we don't need anything like this:
BOB POSTED:
"Hi Dr.Clef" Dr. Jack Bright remarked
MARCUS POSTED:
"Hi!" Dr.Clef Replied
BOB POSTED:
"Whats up?" Dr. Jack Bright questioned.
MARCUS POSTED:
"Nothing much" Dr.Clef Replied.
BOB POSTED:
"OK" Dr. Jack Bright replied
6. No O5s allowed
7. We don't need 1,000 Level 5 Clearance people. Mix it up a bit with lower end clearance levels and a D-Class here and there.
8. This is the most important rule of all make sure you NEVER ████ ████████████ ████ ██ █ █████ ████████ █████████████ THIS WILL RESULT IN ███████████ ██████ ████ YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
yea
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Re: Secure. Contain. Protect. *LOOKING FOR RP'ERS*

Post by Prince Ricard »

I've spent a lot of time on the SCP site, and I have only one thing to say. This will go nowhere. It's just my thought, but I can't see any good results from this.