Memorable quotes from stuff besides video games

Forum games such as "corrupt a wish" and "rate the above poster" can be played in this forum.
This is also the area for casual chat topics.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Memorable quotes from stuff besides video games

Post by Ivogoji »

We have a thread for the memorable quotes from video games, but what about other stuff?

Post quotes from anything besides video games.

The Pokemon anime (these first ones are all from Ash):

“Nah, I’ll beat anyone that comes up against me. My Pokemon may not have evolved yet, but they’ve got power and heart! Now it’s up to me to make sure that gets used, in all the right ways!”- You‘re A Star, Larvitar
"I... am... not... alone! My friends will always be there for me!"- Gotta Catch Ya Later
“You can’t leave this world hating us! I won’t let you!”- Arceus and the Jewel of Life
“I figure stuff out best when I run! Keep moving ahead and you can’t go wrong!”- A Blustery Santalune Gym Battle
“The best defense is a good offense.”- the motto he didn’t steal.
“When you find one person you just refuse to lose to, it will make ya really strong!”- May, We Harley Drew’d Ya
"It's okay, Totodile. Everybody makes a wrong turn once in a while."- Pokemon Heroes
“Everything will work out! I’ll MAKE it work out!”- Genesect and the Legend Awakened
"Evolving is no substitute for some honest, hard work!"- really pushing his stance about item-based evolution in Fighting Fear With Fear

Brock: Taking this shortcut to the stadium should get us all there before Kodai!
Dawn: Are you sure you’re right this time Brock?
Brock: Trust me, no need to worry!
Ash: I always trust you, Brock!
Pikachu: Pika pika!
Zoroark: Master of Illusion

Mewtwo: Why? Why are you helping me?
Ash: Well for one thing, you saved my Pikachu. That's a good reason.
Mewtwo: The only one?
Ash: Do you always need a reason to help somebody?
Mewtwo: Perhaps you are unique, a unique human. One of a kind.
Ash: You're one of a kind too. Everybody is.
Mewtwo: Heh... I do not know what I am, and soon it may not matter.
Mewtwo Returns

Ash: Look, both of us have the same goal of winning the Sinnoh League some day, right? And of course we also want to beat the Sinnoh League Champion Cynthia too!
Paul: Your point?
Ash: After you battled Cynthia, you told me to do whatever I want, to battle my own way, and you told me that’s what you were gonna do too!
Paul: I... guess I said that.
Ash: Yeah, well, ever since that time I’ve been thinking more and more about what it really means to be strong! That means believing in the strength of my friends, and that’s because I trust and love em!
Paul: Hmm...
Ash: That’s why I’m working so hard to make my Pokemon as strong as they can be, the way I know how! We both have the same goals, but the way we get them couldn’t be more different!
Chim-Charred!

Ash: Angie, just don’t let go of my hand!
Angie: Ash- ‘kay I won’t!
Ghost Girl: Come on, let’s play. Come on, let’s play.
Angie: Ash, it’s no use! Just let me go! If you don’t- you’ll end up going with me!
Ash: No way! I’ll never give up! Even if that means forever!
Angie: Huh?! Forever?!
Ghoul Daze

Colress: You’re so driven to take over the world... What is it that drives evil groups like Team Rocket and Team Plasma?
James: Our mission doesn't need any reason! It is our nature to take what we want!
Jessie: Although, we're really not evil. We just do what we want because we can. It's really no more complicated than that.
-Meowth, Colress, and Team Rivalry!

Disney comics and the like:

"Here's the dope! Pete an' Trigger have some valuable papers they stole! An' they know I'm after 'em! So they deserted th' Legion an' hooked up with Yssuf Aiper! They're gonna swoop down an' attack tomorrow morning! They want t' get rid o' me so much that they'll murder more'n twenty men- just t' make sure o' gettin' ME... Ya'd never think I was that important t' LOOK at me, would ya?"- Lieutenant Mickey Mouse, Mickey Mouse Joins the Foreign Legion
"It's not where a fella comes from, it's where he's goin' that counts!"- Mickey Mouse, Mickey Mouse and His Horse Tanglefoot

"Five bucks don't seem like much when ya got it, but it seems like a whole lot when ya don't go it"- Donald Duck's philosophy on life
"What could be finer than a tall, cool, fizzy soda?"- Donald's other philosophy on life

$crooge: You should never put your stomach ahead of your purse, my boy! Invest that two-bits, and it will become fifty cents at compound interest!
Donold: I know! I know!
$crooge: You should save your money nephew! Pennies saved today are dollars in your pocket tommorrow!
Donald: But dollars aren't eatable like ice-cream sodas!
The Second-Richest Duck

"No man is poor who can do what he likes to do once in a while!"- $crooge McDuck, Only A Poor Old Man
"Will clean air smell any sweeter? Will sunny days be any brighter? Will starry nights still hold any more wonder? Or will I lose all that? Do I really want to be... rich?
YES!!!"- $crooge McDuck, The King of the Klondike

"Is this some kind of quack call?" I remember Krisel (foolishly) asking. It took a bit of persuasion, as he was reluctant to add another duck to the Disney stable of superstars. But I told him that my hardball haranguing of horrendous hoods would catapult me to that coveted canardian point of culmination! He said, "What?" I said, "We'll push the ratings through the roof!"- Darkwing Duck, The Making of a Superstar Or How I Saved Disney and the World
Last edited by Ivogoji on Wed May 13, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Tallkat Vantas
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: ask yourself: What Would Bayonetta Do?

Re: Memorable quotes from stuff besides video games

Post by Tallkat Vantas »

Some necessary Arnold Schwarzenegger quotes:

"Allow me to break the ice." As Mr. Freeze, in Batman & Robin (1997)
"What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age!" Same as above.
"Cool party!" Same.
"The ice man cometh!" You already know.

and my favourite of them all:

"Adam... and Evil!" Same character, same film.
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

While it isn't anything really that "memorable", I thought this was funny and wanted to share.

This is a post from Skyginge on my old SSBB rp. He was playing a little scene himself, where Pigma was attacking and Peppy was going down. He was Fox. (Note: You probably won't get the reference unless you understand StarFox games. XD )
"Dang, I'm hit!" Peppy grunted, and Fox turned to find Peppy's arwing had been damaged in the engine section.
"Can you make it?" Fox asked, desperately.
"I don't think so. I'm gonna crash." Peppy was slowing loosing altitude, falling towards the dark ground. Strangely, Pigma was following Peppy down.
"I gotta help you!" Fox started heading for Peppy, but was hit on the wing, and lost some control.
"No, don't you worry about me! You gotta get outta here!"
"But Peppy..."
"You're young, am an old, old rabbit. There's no point in the both of us goin'. Now, remember these final words, and cherish them in your heart, you got that?" Peppy was still unnerved.
"O-ok..." said an upset Fox, heading towards the exit.
"Ok. Guess I just got one last thing to say! Fox, DO A BARREL ROLL!" Fox looked down to see an explosion as Peppy hit the ground, the intercom going dead.
"NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

I know something that I will remember forever
Spoiler:
(00:41:34) Lord_Spiritomb: gay
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao
Motto: Resident forum dinosaur.

Post by Enzo03 »

I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like tears... in... rain. Time... to die...
Steam: crazyenzo03 - Discord: Enzo03 #2547
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

"I don't want to marry a cat! No Nooo"
-Momoko Asuka, Ojamajo Doremi Dokkan, I think it was episode 28 or there abouts.

"So long and thanks for all the Fish"
-Dolphins final message to humanity before evacuating Earth in anticipation of its destruction. Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy.

That's all I got for the moment.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

"Drugs" - Everyone ever
Last edited by Snowy on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

"I'm gonna come back next year and kick your ass!" ~Regi from http://e3.nintendo.com/tournament/
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

"Keep 'er going"- VanossGaming
Last edited by Snowy on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yukki
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: Cupcakes are evil.

Post by Yukki »

"*Balloon pop* MAH BABEH!" -PewDewPie

"Excuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess!" -Link
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

"Ain't nobody got time for that!" -Sweet Brown
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

Orion: Central City builds statues to this fool [The Flash]...who makes bad jokes! Who concerns himself with pitiful men like the Trickster! I don't understand.
Batman: No, you don't.
Flash and Substance

"Justice Lord" Flash: Slacker! Child! Clown! We have no place among the world’s greatest heroes!
The Flash: Says you! I’ve got my own seat at the conference table! I’m gonna paint my logo on it!
Divided We Fall

Batman: Why? Why did you do it?!
Mad Hatter: You of all people have the gall to ask me that?!? You ruined my life! I was willing to give you whatever life you wanted... just to keep you out of mine!
Perchance to Dream

Justice Lord Batman: Think about it - a world where there's no crimes. No victims. No pain.
Batman: And no choice! Who elected you, anyway?
Justice Lord Batman: Who elected you? The problem with democracy is, it doesn't keep you very safe.
Batman: It has other virtues. But you seem to have forgotten that.
Justice Lord Batman: I didn't forget! I just chose peace and security instead.
Batman: You grabbed power!
Justice Lord Batman: And with that power, we've made a world where no eight-year-old boy will ever lose his parents because of some punk with a gun!
Batman: ... You win.
(Later, as a man who refused to pay a restaurant bill because he didn't like the food is being carted off to jail by jackbooted police)
Batman: They'd love it here, don't you think?
Justice Lord Batman: Who?
Batman: Mom and Dad. They'd be so proud of you.
Justice Lord Batman: ... Just drive.
A Better World

(On the phone)
Martha Kent: Yes, Detective Bowman, I heard you. My son's car blew up and went into the ocean.
Detective Bowman: But are you sure you... understand? I mean, this is serious...
Martha Kent: I know. I-I guess the shock just hasn't set in yet. If you hear anything else, give us a jingle. Bye now. (hangs up) Well, this is a fine mess.
Jonathan Kent: It's not like he's really dead, Martha, he just can't be Clark anymore.
Superman: But I am Clark. I need to be Clark. I'd go crazy if I had to be Superman all the time!
The Late Mr. Kent

From Batman Beyond Return of the Joker:

Joker: What's the matter, Batman? No witty comeback? No threat? Then I'll provide the narration. I'll begin with how I peeled back the layers of the boy's mind. Oh, he bravely fought it at first. You would have been so proud to see him so strong. But all too soon, the serums and the shocks took their toll, and the dear lad began to share such secrets with me. Secrets that are mine alone to know... Bruce. It's true, Batsy. I know everything. And kinda like the kid who peeks at his Christmas presents, I must admit, it's sadly anti-climactic. Behind all the sturm and Batarangs, you're just a little boy in a playsuit crying for mommy and daddy. It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... Oh, what the heck? I'll laugh anyway! HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Joker: Funny guy.
Batman: Can't say the same for you.
Joker: Impudent brat! Who do you think you're talking to?
Batman: Not a comedian, I'll tell you that.
Joker: Shut your mouth!
Batman: The real Batman never talked to you much, did he? That's probably why you were so fixated on him.
Joker: Don't play psychoanalyst with me, boy!
Batman: Oh, I don't need a degree to figure you out. The real reason you kept coming back was you never got a laugh out of the old man.
Joker: I'm not hearing this!
Batman: Get a clue, clowny! He's got no sense of humor! He wouldn't know a good joke if it bit him in the cape... not that you ever had a good joke.
Joker: Shut up. Shut up!
Batman: I mean, joy buzzers, squirting flowers. Lame! Where's the A-material? Make a face, drop your pants, something!
Joker: Show yourself!
Batman: You make me laugh. But only 'cause I think you're kinda pathetic. (starts laughing)
Joker: Stop that!
Batman: So you fell in a tank of acid, got your skin bleached and decided to become a supervillain. What, you couldn't get work as a rodeo clown? (keeps laughing)
Joker: Don't you dare laugh at me!
Batman: (keeps laughing) Why? I thought the Joker always wanted to make Batman laugh!
Joker: YOU'RE NOT BATMAN!

Bruce Wayne: Terry, I've been thinking about something you once told me, and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile. It's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Tallkat Vantas
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: ask yourself: What Would Bayonetta Do?

Post by Tallkat Vantas »

"That left arm is no right arm!" - Jotaro Kujo
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

The R.E.G.I.S. Mk V:
"You will all beg for mercy. In vain. The debris of your planet will litter the solar system. I shall sup upon your very atoms.... ..... Stand aside or you will be struck down. ...... Die then. [uses eye beams to decapitate a fire hydrant] You are no match for the superior tactical abilities of the R.E.G.I.S. Mk V."
"I am the Replicant Engineered For Galatic Inflitration and Sabotage Mk V. I cannot be stopped. You have been warned."
"I am R.E.G.I.S. Mk V. I will destroy all. R.E.G.I.S. will incinerate this planet and enslave all it's occupants."
"R.E.G.I.S. shall turn this planet into a smouldering memory. Is there no one on this pitiful planet powerful enough to stand against the R.E.G.I.S. Mk V?"
"Do not panic. You will all die."
"Who dares challenge R.E.G.I.S.? R.E.G.I.S. is the destroyer of planets, consumer of their rubble, bringer of despair. R.E.G.I.S. is- [gets flattened by Megas]"
"I am R.E.G.I.S. Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully."
"The R.E.G.I.S. Mk V is invincible. No weapon forged by such a primitive species can defeat R.E.G.I.S. Which is invincible."
"The R.E.G.I.S. Mk V is the ultimate fighting machine. Unstoppable, merciless, glorious. No one is safe from the R.E.G.I.S."
"You will be decimated. You're planet returned to the cosmic dust from whence it came."

The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight:
"And so he says to me, you want to be a bad guy? and I say Yeah Baby! I want to be bad! I says Churchill space ponies I'm making gravy without the lumps! Ah ha ha ha ha haaaaa!!!!!"
"And he says to me, he says to me, you got Style, baby! but if you're gonna to be a real villain you gotta get a gimmick…and so I go I says Yeah Baby! A gimmick, that's it! High Explosives! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!!!"
"Yeah! Keep playing with fire, superpants, you don't know how much fire you're playing with! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!"
"So he says to me, you gotta do something smart, baby, something big! He says you want to be a supervillain, right, and I go yeah baby, yeah yeah! What do I gotta do? He says you got bombs, blow up the Comet Club, it's packed with superheroes…you'll go down in supervillain history and I go Yeah baby 'cause I'm the Evil Midnight Bomber what Bombs at Midnight!!! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!"
"I just, uh, I just uh, wanted to use, the uh, and so he says Evil's OK in by my book what about yours and I go Yeah Baby Yeah! Yeah! I just wanted to uh, wash my hands…"
"An object at rest, cannot be stopped!"
"You'll never prove a thing, copper, I'm just a part time electrician…bad is good, baby! Down with government!"
"Excuse me…excuse me…and then I says tell me I'm wrong, and he says I can't baby 'cause you're not!"
"This could happen to you, baby…this could happen to anybody!"

Evangeline A. K. McDowell:
"I am the vampire Evangeline! Gospel of Darkness! Evil mage without equal!"
"All that lives must face death! I shall bring you peace!"
"First, you have to lick my feet! Then we'll talk about you swearing eternal devotion to me as my slave."
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

More from Ash:
“A good friend left me... and I miss her everyday. But I know we'll always be friends. Forever.”- Jirachi Wishmaker
“Y’know what I think? The stronger the opponent, the more fun the battle! I’ll deal with any wall you put up for me to climb!”- Climbing the Walls
"Never give up until the end!"- another motto of his
"You can't do this. I won't let you."- Mewtwo Strikes Back

More hammy bad guys:
"I am the ultimate evil, complete with hot and cold running water."
and
"Answer me this! Why do all of you get the pizza while I get the crust?!"
- Apocalymon, Now Apocalymon
"For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron... but now... you shall witness... it's dismemberment!"- Unicron, Transformers: The Movie
"Do you know what killed the dinosaurs? Well, Chucko does. And unless you wanna find out firsthand, you'll go finish off the Justice League. Skedaddle! Time is money! .......Actually, time is the non-spacial continuum in which all events occur linearly, usually in the direction of increased entropy. But the clowns seemed to relate better to the money thing."- Chronos, The Once and Future Thing Part 2: Time, Warped
Robotnik: What color is my heart Snively? *opens his mouth for Snively to look inside*
Snively: I- I don't see a heart sir?
Robotnik: Exactly.
- Sonic Conversion
Dr. Frankenollie: Dr. Frankenollie at your service. You're here for the job, hmm?
Mickey Mouse: Yeah. I mean, no! No.
Dr. Frankenollie: Oh, don't be shy. It's not just a job- it's an adventure!
Mickey Mouse: I hate adventure!
Dr. Frankenollie: Perfect! You're hired!
- Runaway Brain
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

"I like trains" - I like trains guy
Last edited by Snowy on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Jesus of Nazareth wrote:"A certain man was going down from Jerusalem to
Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who both stripped him and beat
him, and departed, leaving him half dead. By chance a certain priest
was going down that way. When he saw him, he passed by on the other
side. In the same way a Levite also, when he came to the place, and
saw him, passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he
travelled, came where he was. When he saw him, he was moved with
compassion, came to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and
wine. He set him on his own animal, and brought him to an inn, and
took care of him. On the next day, when he departed, he took out two
denarii, and gave them to the host, and said to him, 'Take care of
him. Whatever you spend beyond that, I will repay you when I
return.'
thatguyinthecorner
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: Team Harvard Assemble!

Post by thatguyinthecorner »

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
"A girl walks up to you and starts dancing and you walk away? What are you, gay, drunk, high...?"

"~~~AA-SEXUAL~~!"

^and that was the greatest exchange of my year.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

From one of the Rush Hour movies:
I am Yu, he is Mi(pronounced "me").

u
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

Random Mahou Sensei Negima! quotes:

"Well, well, here's something you don't see everyday. Only a few hundred metres below the ground of the school I attend everyday lies a fantastic thing like this... haha... I imagine that for something like this to continue to exist it would require an immense volume of food in order to support its giant frame. Since it doesn't appear to have any wrists, I suppose it would be a wyvern? That would mean it's not so strong- that is to say, I wouldn't know about the strength of- What the hell am I saying?"- Ayase Yue

"EEH!? WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!? It's like he's from some other manga..."- Kagurazaka Asuna

"But... We still seem to be lacking something else..... Something to attract more customers.... Mana, you'll be a miko! Misora, nun in a miniskirt!! Setsuna, school swimming suit with cat ears!! Ako, miniskirt nurse with cat ears!! Fuuka & Fumika, kindergarteners!!"- Asakura Kazumi

"Grrr, I can't stand it anymore! You guys, listen good!! From now on let me, Miss Chiu, show you what is the true meaning of a maid cafe...."- Hasegawa Chisame

"Alright, we'll fight with fists, LIKE REAL MEN!"- Kotarou

"That was fun. Especially the decapitation part."- ChachaZero

"You should tell her you're sorry. Then again, apologizing to people is a pain, so you could just kill her."- pretty much anything ChachaZero says is memorable
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

"DUDE, ITS SO HARD TO DO THIS WHILE YOU'RE HIGH!" Ty "DeadloxMC", April 30, 2013
Rhys Coker (SB)
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by Rhys Coker (SB) »

...pingas?
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

WHO LIKE MINECRAFT? ~ SKY
MarkeySpirit
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: It's not ogre, it's never ogre

Post by MarkeySpirit »

"Shrek is love, Shrek is life." So many terrible memories.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

The theme today is family (sorta, it might not be obvious the quote relates to that without context), and numbered verses:

1 In the last chapter it was recorded that Zhang Fei was about to end his life with his own weapon in Xuyi.
2 But Liu Bei rushed forward and caught Zhang Fei in his arms, snatched away the sword, and threw it on the earth.
3 Liu Bei said, "The ancient had a saying: 'Brothers are as hands and feet; wives and children are as clothing. You may mend your torn dress, but who can reattach a lost limb?' We three, by the Oath of the Peach Garden, swore to seek the same death day. The city is lost, it is true, and my wives and little ones, but I could not bear that we should die ere our course be run. Beside, Xuzhou was not really ours, and Lu Bu will not harm my family but will rather seek to preserve them. You made a mistake, worthy brother, but is it the one deserving of death?"
4 And Liu Bei wept. His brothers were much affected, and their tears fell in sympathy.
- The Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Chapter 15

13 In Llongborth I saw the edges of blades in contact,
14 Men in terror and blood on the pate,
15 Before Geraint, the great son of his father.
16 In Llongborth I saw the spurs
17 Of men who would not flinch from the dread of the spears,
18 And the drinking of wine out of the bright glass.
19 In Llongborth I saw the weapons
20 Of men, and blood fast dropping,
21 And after the shout, a fearful return.
22 In Llongborth I saw Arthur,
23 And brave men who hewed down with steel,
24 Emperor, and conductor of the toil.
25 In Llongborth Geraint was slain,
26 A brave man from the region of Dyvnaint,
27 And before they were overpowered, they committed slaughter.
- Geraint fab Erbin (okay, the logic behind including this one is a little strained, but still a memorable quote)

37 Eagle of speech about to depart,
38 I will ask of thee previously,
39 Is there a course devoid of hope?
40 Arthur of exalted elocution,
41 If thou wouldest obtain a share of the world,
42 With the mighty hope is weak.
43 Arthur of speech both subtle and fierce,
44 Whose host is of unreproached wrath,
45 Eliwlod erewhile was I called
46 Eagle of blameless aspect
47 And whose discourse is not evil,
48 Art thou Eliwlod my nephew?
49 Arthur audacious in the onset,
50 If I be Eliwlod
51 Am I a good connection of thine
?
52 Eagle, untreacherous in discourse,
53 If thou art Eliwlod,
54 Was the battle-slaughter good around thee?
55 Arthur, audacious in answering,
56 Before whose face no enemy standeth,
57 From death there is no escape
- Arthur and the Eagle

10 Do not suppose, because it has been spoken concerning restoration, that ye shall be restored from sin to happiness. Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness.
11 And now, my son, all men that are in a state of nature, or I would say, in a carnal state, are in the gall of bitterness and in the bonds of iniquity; they are without God in the world, and they have gone contrary to the nature of God; therefore, they are in a state contrary to the nature of happiness.
12 And now behold, is the meaning of the word restoration to take a thing of a natural state and place it in an unnatural state, or to place it in a state opposite to its nature?
13 O, my son, this is not the case; but the meaning of the word restoration is to bring back again evil for evil, or carnal for carnal, or devilish for devilish—good for that which is good; righteous for that which is righteous; just for that which is just; merciful for that which is merciful.
14 Therefore, my son, see that you are merciful unto your brethren; deal justly, judge righteously, and do good continually; and if ye do all these things then shall ye receive your reward; yea, ye shall have mercy restored unto you again; ye shall have justice restored unto you again; ye shall have a righteous judgment restored unto you again; and ye shall have good rewarded unto you again.
15 For that which ye do send out shall return unto you again, and be restored; therefore, the word restoration more fully condemneth the sinner, and justifieth him not at all.
- Alma to Corianton, The Book of Mormon, Alma Chapter 41

131. What is "God's glory"? What is this like? A king had a matron in his chamber, and all his troops delighted in her. She had sons, and each day they came to see the king and to bless him. They asked him, "Where is our mother?" He replied, "You cannot see her now." They said, "Let her be blessed wherever she is."
- Rabbi Amorai, Sefer Ha-Bahir

3 And he passed over before them, and abowed himself to the ground seven times, until he came near to his brother.
4 And Esau ran to meet him, and embraced him, and fell on his neck, and kissed him: and they wept.
5 And he lifted up his eyes, and saw the women and the children; and said, Who are those with thee? And he said, The children which God hath graciously given thy servant.
6 Then the handmaidens came near, they and their children, and they bowed themselves.
7 And Leah also with her children came near, and bowed themselves: and after came Joseph near and Rachel, and they bowed themselves.
8 And he said, What meanest thou by all this drove which I met? And he said, These are to find grace in the sight of my lord.
9 And Esau said, I have enough, my brother; keep that thou hast unto thyself.
10 And Jacob said, Nay, I pray thee, if now I have found grace in thy sight, then receive my present at my hand: for therefore I have seen thy face, as though I had seen the face of God, and thou wast pleased with me.
- Genesis, Chapter 33
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD