Everything is Sonic the Hedgehog

Forum games such as "corrupt a wish" and "rate the above poster" can be played in this forum.
This is also the area for casual chat topics.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Everything is Sonic the Hedgehog

Post by Ivogoji »

At first I tried to deny that Kill la Kill is Sonic Adventure 2.

An anti-hero with a red and black color scheme, the 'child' of a deceased mad scientist who goes on a quest for vengeance only to form an unexpected rivalry with a blue color scheme counterpart who has equal powers and an opposite personality?
No big deal, nothing too out of the ordinary here...
The second opening of Kill la Kill having the two rivals race each other down a pair of parallel platforms at high speeds while glaring at each other all the way, pretty much exactly mirroring the cutscene before Sonic and Shadow's second boss fight?
Coincidence! Visuals like that are common place, nothing suspicious about-
Ragyo calling herself 'the Ultimate Life Form' and claiming to be immortal?
Um... well...
EPIC BATTLE IN OUTER SPACE WITH GOLD SUPER FORMS AND A HUGE OBJECT LOOMING TOWARDS THE EARTH??
Mother in Heaven, Kill la Kill is Sonic the Hedgehog D8

But yeah, basically Ryuko and Senketsu are Shadow (but with Sonic's personality), Satuski and Junketsu are Sonic (but with Shadow's personality, kind of), Mikisugi and his Nudist walker robot thing are Dr. Eggman and his Egg Walker robot thing, Ryuko's dad is Gerald Robotnik, Ragyo is both the Biolizard/Final Hazard and Black Doom/Devil Doom rolled into one, and the Life Fibers are Chaos energy.

After that, I gave up.

Everything is Sonic the Hedgehog.

Exhibit A- the TMNT franchise is Sonic the Hedgehog. I have proof:
Sonic the Hedgehog video games = Mirage Studios Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
AoStH = goofy Original 80s Ninja Turtles cartoon
SatAM = serious "Red Skies" seasons of the 80s TMNT cartoon
Archie's Sonic comics = Archie's TMNT comics
Fleetway's Sonic strips = TMNT newspaper strips
Sonic the Movie/OVA = Original TMNT live action films
Sonic Underground = TMNT: The Next Mutation
Sonic X = 2003 TMNT cartoon
Sonic Boom = Nickelodeon TMNT cartoon
Archie's Sonic comics reboot = IDW's TMNT comics reboot
Sonic film announced in 2014 = Modern TMNT live action films

This is real. This is happening right now. The two franchises are almost perfectly synchronized.... we are right now on the very cusp of the next great convergence between the multiverses!

Exhibit B- this is guaranteed to shock and amaze people. Absolutely blow your minds. Mentally prepare yourself. Get ready for the TRUTH.

Sonic the Hedgehog is Dragon Ball Z.

I know, it sounds crazy, impossible, but let me explain.

Sonic is Goku, who is also known as SON Goku. Ah, see? First three letters of their names are exactly the same! In Japanese their names are Sonikku and Son Goku, which is literally only two letters difference! And they both have golden spiky hair in their basic Super forms! And they can both teleport instantly from one place to another.

Tails is Kid Gohan. They are both young boys who have vast reserves of untapped potential and idolize Sonikku/Son Goku, despite only spending a remarkably small amount of time with him! Both are also extremely intelligent for children their age and can effortlessly fly through the air.

Knuckles is Kami/Piccolo. Like Kami, Knuckles lives on an island floating in the sky and is called the Guardian, and his people are responsible for seven magical artifacts that unleash tremendous power capable of granting wishes when assembled together. Like Piccolo, Knuckles is gruff and unsociable, someone who would rather spend their time alone training than casually hanging out with friends, tends to be the most reserved character of the cast, and used to Sonikku/Son Goku's enemy before mellowing out. Also, both Knuckles and post-fusion Kami/Piccolo assume a Super form which has oddly minimal visual difference from their base form despit the flashiness of their co-stars' transformations.

Amy is ChiChi. Both asked their love interest to marry them at a preposterously young age, chased their love interest around the world to force them into marriage while also making themselves fantastically strong fighters in the process, and fell in love with men who not only show almost zero concern for romance but also pretty much ignore their self-proclaimed wives the majority of the time to focus on testing their physical limits. Somehow, against all odds, both managed to raise a child in the absence of their would-be husbands: Goten in ChiChi's case and Emerl in Amy's case.

Shadow, quite obviously and with very little need for explanation, is Cell, the ultimate warrior and perfect life form genetically engineered by late mad scientist Dr. Gero. Both possess unspeakable power, like to flaunt it over other people, and are generally smug about being the perfect artificial being. And they can both teleport instantly from one place to another.

Silver is Future Trunks, both being from... well, the future. And being really focused on stopping bad stuff from happening in the past that will screw up the future, taking such matters way more seriously than any of the present day heroes do. And they both have golden haired super forms.

Unlike Trunks however, Silver doesn't have a dad, so clearly there's no one in the Sonic universe who could possibly parallel Vegeta. It would be silly to imagine anyone did!

Relatedly, Kill la Kill is also Pokemon (the Elite Four = the Elite Four!), and so is TMNT (ever notice how many ninjas there are in Pokemon? And anthropomorphic turtles? And crime syndicates with goofy minions?), and the first chapter of Dragon Ball is about Team Rocket, and the entire run of Space★Dandy was also about Team Rocket- but that's a separate discussion...
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Raidein
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Butts

Re: Everything is Sonic the Hedgehog

Post by Raidein »

stop this is too much for my tiny brain to handle

but seriously this links up too well in some places.
Kill La Kill is definitely SA2.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

Sonic the Hedgehog is also Godzilla.

Just look at Perfect Chaos, and the Biolizard, and Iblis, and Dark Gaia, and the Gaia Colossus!
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

If Gerald is Gero, does that make Eggman Android 16(whom word of God says was modeled on Gero's own son)?

Trying to think of parallels with the human Z Warriors or the Chaotix, but I'm drawing a blank.

Also trying to think of parallels between Sonic and franchise not mentioned, but the only one that doesn't seem strained is Bass from Megaman = Shadow(Bothhave predominantly black color-schemes, are rivalsto heros with blue color schemes, both where created by mad scientists, one is the ultimate lifeform while the other is the ultimate robot, etc.).
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

^No no no, Android 16 is Emerl from Sonic Battle. Dr. Eggman is really Emperor Pilaf; Mai and Shu are Orbot and Cubot respectively (or Scratch and Grounder if you prefer).

As for the Chaotix-

Espio is Tienshinhan, being a disciplined warrior with supernatural senses who hangs around with a bunch of jokers.
Charmy is Chiaotzu, being a little guy who is perpetually floating in the air and never strays far from his companions.
Vector is Yamucha, being a good humored guy with a winning smile who loves sports and money.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Just as a note, it's kind of unfair to compare Sonic to DBZ, as they pretty much took a bunch of stuff directly from the DB series (Super Sonic/7 chaos emeralds in sonic 2 were both directly inspired by Goku's Super Saiyan form and the 7 Dragon balls respectively, Silver is literally Trunks's Sonic OC, with a bit of the usual DBZ "Enemy becomes friend by the end of the arc" plot thrown in, Knuckles could easily be based on Vegeta, same with Shadow, etc).

Though you did also forget to mention how similar the current Sonic Boom fiasco is to Dragon ball GT in that they're two alternate universes that were designed by people who had no input from the original respective creators and were quickly taken out of the canon respective universes cause they were absolute trash.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

If Sonic Boom is Dragon Ball GT, then SEGA sure as heck better give us Sonic Super soon.

Although I guess Nazo Unleashed would be the Sonic equivalent of Super.

Anyway, more importantly, new comparison:
Sonic = Mickey (especially in Mickey's early days, when he was a reckless thrill seeker like Sonic)
Eggman = Pete (he usually gets a scientist lackey do the actual inventing, but Pete's had airships and super weapons to spare over the years)
Knuckles = Donald (self-explanatory)
Amy = Minnie (for Minnie it was only a phase, but she's been though the crazy jealous girlfriend archetype before)
Tails = Gyro Gearloose for the Duckverse, Gloomy the airplane mechanic for the Mouseverse
Cream, Cheese, & Chocola = Huey, Duey, & Louie (more so in the latter's mellowed out, post character development incarnation)
Big = Goofy (they're both taller than everyone else and they have tiny animal companions)
Mighty = Horace Horsecollar (best friends of the main character who are never around anymore)
Charmy = Morty and/or Ferdie, Mickey's troublemaking identical nephews
Vector = Detective Casey (Vector is too one of a kind to really be compared to anyone, but they are, you know, detectives)

I found this in my drafts XP
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Ivogoji wrote:If Sonic Boom is Dragon Ball GT, then SEGA sure as heck better give us Sonic Super soon.

Although I guess Nazo Unleashed would be the Sonic equivalent of Super.
Nazo is one of those post-GT DBZ movies they made.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

The only post-GT DBZ movies are Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F', both of which were received well enough to help re-fuel interest in making a Dragon Ball anime (Dragon Ball Super). Dragonball Evolution is a movie based on Dragonball made in the US, and the last Z movie before GT/Battle of Gods was Fusion Reborn in 1998.

Also, Nazo isn't real.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

1. Fusion Reborn is the dub title for the 12th of the 13 DBZ movies.
2. Wrath of the Dragon is the dub name for movie 13.
3. There have been several animated specials produced in the ~15 years between GT's conclusion in Japan and the release of Battle of Gods.
4. Due to Japan's looser definition of movie compared to the west, many of these specials could be erroneously counted among the movies by those not paying attention to what's officially in which category.

Also, officially, isn't Nazo just a rejected Super Sonic concept from beta footage of Sonic X? and even then, isn't Nazo just a fan nickname coming from the Japanese word for mystery?

Also, part of me says GT thematically lines up with the Metarex Saga of Sonic X, though Sonic X did the Intergalactic search for the series McGuffins quite a bit better in my opinion.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote: 3. There have been several animated specials produced in the ~15 years between GT's conclusion in Japan and the release of Battle of Gods.
There hasn't. As far as I can find, there has been one special between GT and ~2010, "Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!", the One Piece/DBZ/Toriko special doesn't count and the GT movie is just a retelling of events.

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:4. Due to Japan's looser definition of movie compared to the west, many of these specials could be erroneously counted among the movies by those not paying attention to what's officially in which category.
By that logic, these movies don't even exist in the US because Japan actually releases them theatrically/on TV, whereas if they have been released in the US (aside from Resurrection F/Battle of Gods), I still have yet to hear about it. Only big fans like you and I know about them, because we actively search for them.

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:Also, officially, isn't Nazo just a rejected Super Sonic concept from beta footage of Sonic X? and even then, isn't Nazo just a fan nickname coming from the Japanese word for mystery?
Yep, that's what I meant by "doesn't exist". If you wanted a proper comparison, Nazo is Super Saiyan 5 Goku.

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:Also, part of me says GT thematically lines up with the Metarex Saga of Sonic X, though Sonic X did the Intergalactic search for the series McGuffins quite a bit better in my opinion.
I didn't watch to that arc of Sonic X so I can't comment on that.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

well then what's wrath of nazo going to be

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

The GT Movie wasn't a retelling, the GT Movie was it's own thing that took place after GT.

If you want a character to compare to Nazo, I'd say Xicor (the main villain of AF). I'd say Nazo also has a fairly similar personality to Cell (both wanted to be the strongest and most perfect being in the universe), and was also about as destructive as Chibi Buu.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Fair point, i read the description of the GT movie wrong, but my point still stands as it's GT canon
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Doing some double checking, there's also the animated version of Episode of Bardock(released late 2011) and Plan to Eradicate the Super Sayians(though I'll admit it might not count since its a remake and the original dates back to DBZ's original run in Japan). Still, for some reason, I was thinking there was more than that. Perhaps I was confusing some of the manga one shots or named scenarios from the video games with the animated stuff.

More to the original topic, does anyone see any parallels between the Fighters from other universes in DBS's Tournament of Power and characters either from the Archie Sonic Multiverse or native to Chris's world in Sonic X?
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

I could maybe see the relations? Toriyama has always been really good at unique character designs and personalities, and the closest similarity I saw while watching through a bit of the Tourney of Power arc is one of the three foxes looking exactly like DBZ tails with only one tail, because they're both yellow foxes, but otherwise I haven't really seen any similarities.

That being said, Zamasu is basically Mephiles and Goku Black is basically his Shadow form.