Pet Peeves

Forum games such as "corrupt a wish" and "rate the above poster" can be played in this forum.
This is also the area for casual chat topics.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
User avatar
Ivogoji
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 2768
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:11 am
Motto: Yosh!
Location: Death Egg IV

Pet Peeves

Post by Ivogoji » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:29 am

People who use normalcy instead of normality.

People who use "faithful" when they actually mean fateful.

People who use double negatives unironically.

People who contract my name without my permission.

Hipsters.

All caps.

No caps.

People who use ye in the singular.

People who use thee in the plural.

Football fans.

Animal shelter commercials.

Colons where hyphens are better.

People who diss Heisei Godzilla's bulk.

Shadamy shippers.
Image
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD

User avatar
taco chao
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:35 pm
Location: Here, I guess?
Contact:

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by taco chao » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:43 am

-People who neglect the Oxford comma and the semicolon.

-People who neglect to use bullet points (or something similar) in a list of things.

-Kit-Kat commercials.

-That noise knives make against plates.
I'm foo757#1804 on battle.net, if anyone is up for Hearthstone/Overwatch.

User avatar
chaoadventures
Mystical Halloween Winner
Mystical Halloween Winner
Posts: 1186
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:30 am
Motto: "Man, I'm never taking another 24-hour shift again."
Location: http://ow.ly/LU9y30e51lb
Contact:

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by chaoadventures » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:14 am

There's probably more.
Image

User avatar
CitrusCat
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 2703
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:38 pm
Motto: I just wanna play video games.
Location: Somewhere in the universe...
Contact:

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by CitrusCat » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:37 am

-When people say "loosing" when they mean "losing".

-When people assume you think something when you actually don't, and then they criticize you for a belief that you don't even have.
(Ex: "Oh, I know what you're thinking! *Insert assumption here.* Well, guess what? That's not true! You're so stupid for thinking that!")

-Those darn unskippable advertisements on Youtube videos.

-When people refer to something they don't like as "cancer".
(Ex: "*Insert game here* is cancer/the fanbase is cancer!")
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: AsrielFan

User avatar
Rajikaru
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 2090
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 am

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Rajikaru » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:14 am

  • People who don't understand how humour works. The very core of humour is subverting expectations. Humour is an artform, it's not saying random things in hopes of getting a laugh, nor is it repeating the same tired joke over and over again.
  • People who quotes memes unironically. Exceptions go to memes that either work well out of context or haven't been used out of context yet. Memes are punchlines to jokes, and chances are you don't even know what the joke in question is.
  • People who get black-out drunk or smoke heavily. You aren't just screwing yourselves over, you're screwing other people over. Exceptions go to those that are trying to break their addictions, because I know how tough that can be, especially if you don't have a lot of self-control.
  • people who say stupid random things in place of insults or monikers. If you want to insult/label somebody, do it. There are insults that are well established and aren't just random words you most likely made up. It isn't funny.
  • My family and their lack of knowledge when it comes to technology, mostly because I've been a "techie" for a good 7 years, and I get sick of hearing family members say stuff like "how do i go to x website" or "why is my computer slow".
  • People who try to romanticize things like obesity and try to make them something beautiful and something to be proudof. There's absolutely no problem with having a positive mental image of yourself, but if you're actually obese then you have a serious health concern that can't be ignored. Saying "I'm beautiful to myself and that's all that matters" won't mean much when you're in the ground because of diabetes. Same goes for other things like smoking, being depressed, not taking good care of your hygiene, etc.
  • People who have no self awareness.
  • People who try to mimic others to attempt to "fit in". Just be yourself. If who you yourself is isn't the status quo, it's whatever. If people don't like you for who you are, don't worry about it, there are millions of people on planet earth. You can't please everybody.
  • People who still make **** like panty shots in otherwise serious shows/anime/games/whatever. There's enough **** to last us until we all ****** die. We don't need any more, trust me.
  • Tumblr because they can't accept nobody wants ****** ads on your dashboard, so they have to add ads that force ****** music to play. What the **** is wrong with their staff?
  • People who randomly insult their friends for no reason. Exceptions being if it's the norm. If you're randomly calling your friend an asshole or telling them to go **** themselves, that's not being a friend, that's being an asshole.
  • The fact that data-limiting internet plans still exist. What the ****? Why would people still think this is ok?
  • Companies that try to pander to the LCD in hopes of getting a fanbase, examples being most ads today, but probably most prominently the #truth anti-smoking viral ad campaign. Remember how funny cat videos were 10 ****** years ago? No? Because they weren't even funny then. Using them as a basis for ads is ****** scummy and incredibly transparent.
  • The minions. They just annoy me.
  • "You know wrestling's fake, right?" No ****? That was a ****** headline literally 40 years ago. Everybody that's anybody knows it's fake. You know what isn't fake? The fact that they're still doing **** like flipping off ladders and taking unprotected chairshots for our amusement. It's a soap opera for men, we have a guy that dresses up like a ****** demon unironically as well as a guy that calls himself "The viper". If it wasn't fake I'd be scared for their wellbeing, because calling yourself "the viper" or dressing up like a demon and pretending to be one isn't something mentally healthy people normally do.
  • Treating any gender, race, or sexual orientation like they're worse than one another. Come on, grow the **** up.

User avatar
Tsui
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:44 pm
Location: TX, USA

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Tsui » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:11 am

Bad kerning in professional works... Seriously, if you're using Photoshop (and I'm assuming other Adobe products), at the very least go into the text panel and choose "optimal" instead of "metrics".
Image
avatar by ZipoCXG - banner art by Nine - CI Blizzard Group

User avatar
taco chao
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:35 pm
Location: Here, I guess?
Contact:

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by taco chao » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:28 am

Rajikaru wrote:
  • People who get black-out drunk or smoke heavily. You aren't just screwing yourselves over, you're screwing other people over. Exceptions go to those that are trying to break their addictions, because I know how tough that can be, especially if you don't have a lot of self-control.
Good god, I cannot second this enough. After washing dishes at a bar for a few months, I have come to the conclusion that all school anti-alcohol lectures can be replaced by forcing students to spend a whole night at a small-town bar while sober. When the only thing to do in town is go to the bar, the rampant alcoholism on display gets horrifically depressing. I watched someone come in, get absolutely rip-roaring drunk, get their car stuck on a rock leaving the parking lot (missing the eight foot wide exit), then, upon getting it unstuck with some help, go into the liquor store to get more beer, and get arrested for D.U.I. when leaving. This happened before 2 P.M. I have nothing against people who can have a beer or two casually and stop, but... there are limits. And people go far beyond these limits.
I'm foo757#1804 on battle.net, if anyone is up for Hearthstone/Overwatch.

User avatar
Jeffery Mewtamer
Ultimate Chaos Chao
Ultimate Chaos Chao
Posts: 3078
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:59 pm
Motto: Lover of all things cute and magical

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:24 pm

@Ivogoji: Does the bit about abbreviating your name extend to your username? If so, my apologies if I've been annoying you by calling you 'Ivo".

Also, when you say Football Fans, do you mean American Football or International Football/Soccer. I'd assume the former since you've indicated you live in the US, but it always seems worth clarifying.

@Rajikaru: You've made me realize a pet peeve with your post: Bleeping of swear words that render dialogue or text incomprehensible when not used for humor. Seriously, a good chunk of your post is borderline unreadable thanks to an abundance of asterisks. I'm not big on Gosh dang it to heck outside of humor either, but it would at least make your post more comprehensible.

Anyways, here are some of mine:

-Posts consisting of an image and nothing else.
-Quoting the entirety of a long post.
-Quoting the post immediately before yours(Thank Mooncow such is explicitly disallowed here).
-Quote Pyramids(Thank Mooncow the above prohibition prevents these).
-People who have a valid point but insist on burying it in vitriol and ad hominem. Seriously, calling someone a dumbass after correctly informing them of a mistake isn't going to encourage them not to make the same mistake in the future.
-Distinct groups that are persecuted for similar reasons(e.g. African-americans and Hispanics, Gays and Transgenders, Jews and Muslims, Furries and Omorashists, etc.) who'd rather condemn each other rather than unite against their common foe.
-Websites that are easier to navigate in mobile view but force load desktop view if I don't change my browser's User Agent to a mobile one.
-Websites that use Flash.
-Websites that use Javascript to do things that could be done with vanilla HTML or HTML5.
-People who rant about another's behavior, usually something minor, insisting the behavior change and never offering reasoning beyond "I don't like it.".
-People who go out of their way to never say or do anything that might offend someone.
-People who fail to see the glaring flaw in the Golden Rule(it basically says masochists should be sadists and encourages the assumption that the values of others match my own).
-People who adhere to "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." even in situations where failing to say the cold hard truth could lead to disaster.
Just so you know, I am blind.

Those who approach life like a child playing a game, moving and pushing pieces, possess the power of kings.

User avatar
CitrusCat
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 2703
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:38 pm
Motto: I just wanna play video games.
Location: Somewhere in the universe...
Contact:

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by CitrusCat » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:34 pm

@Jeffery: You know that major swears are banned on Chao Island, right? In other words, he wasn't necessarily censoring them because he wanted to, but because he had to.

Also, here's another pet peeve that I forgot to mention:

-When people mispronounce the names of fictional characters. For example, mispronouncing a Pokemon's name, or referring to Rouge the Bat as "Rogue". I admit it's not really a big deal, and I'm sure I was guilty of mispronouncing certain Pokemon names when I was younger, but it still gets on my nerves.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: AsrielFan

User avatar
Ivogoji
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 2768
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:11 am
Motto: Yosh!
Location: Death Egg IV

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Ivogoji » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:31 pm

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:@Ivogoji: Does the bit about abbreviating your name extend to your username? If so, my apologies if I've been annoying you by calling you 'Ivo".
I was talking about my real name. It's fine if people on CI call me Ivo.

And both kinds of football fans bug me.
Image
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD

User avatar
Rajikaru
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 2090
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 am

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Rajikaru » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:38 pm

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote: @Rajikaru: You've made me realize a pet peeve with your post: Bleeping of swear words that render dialogue or text incomprehensible when not used for humor. Seriously, a good chunk of your post is borderline unreadable thanks to an abundance of asterisks. I'm not big on Gosh dang it to heck outside of humor either, but it would at least make your post more comprehensible.
Don't blame me, blame the censoring from the forum.

Though that does bring up another pet peeve I personally harbor -
  • People that self-censor. Either swear or don't swear.

User avatar
Pumpkinium
CI Artist
CI Artist
Posts: 4222
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:37 pm
Motto: Face the crowd, and bleed for them.
Location: Pumpkin Hill
Contact:

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Pumpkinium » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:32 pm

this entire topic because it lets me see all the irritating things people believe that im afraid to speak out about cuz i dont want to start an argument.
people who shake their legs in public.
manspreading.
my dad. just. my entire dad.
i know theres more but i cant remember them.
Image
|Listography|discord: Pumpkinium#4212|

User avatar
Jeffery Mewtamer
Ultimate Chaos Chao
Ultimate Chaos Chao
Posts: 3078
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:59 pm
Motto: Lover of all things cute and magical

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:54 pm

@Citrus: I'm well aware of the autocensor, and from Rajikaru's reply, I'm going to assume all the asterisks above are the autocensor's fault.

In general, I think censorship is a crock of ****, and most autocensors doubly so, especially since in many cases it's obvious from context what was censored, but when an autocensor renders a paragraph nearly unreadable, I still think it better to rewrite it so the autocensor doesn't chew it up.

In other words, if censorship is unavoidable, I'd rather sacrifice the tone gained from profanity or the obvious censorship thereof to maintain clarity of message than to sacrifice clarity to maintain tone. Then again, I'm not that heavy a user of profanity, so I seldom have to make the choice.

Though it could be worse. On one of the other forums I frequent, instead of just replacing words in it's list with asterisks, the autocensor replaces the offending word with a message along the lines of "censored, please be nice", which is enough of a distraction to completely break the flow of a paragraph.
Just so you know, I am blind.

Those who approach life like a child playing a game, moving and pushing pieces, possess the power of kings.

User avatar
Tsui
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:44 pm
Location: TX, USA

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Tsui » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:53 am

Rajikaru wrote:
  • People that self-censor. Either swear or don't swear.
I actually do this because something about the concept of me cursing makes me feel guilty. Even if not doing so is deemed weird for my age. Of course, because I avoid it as much as possible, I only really practice "self-censoring" when I'm quoting someone or something or need to use a specific term (****posting, for example).
Image
avatar by ZipoCXG - banner art by Nine - CI Blizzard Group

User avatar
EvilPinkamina
Spooky Chao
Spooky Chao
Posts: 1713
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:51 am
Motto: $5.99

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by EvilPinkamina » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:12 am

Ooooh, this will be fun~~

-People who put man in front of a word and expect it to be offensive
-People who can't accept that they're not special
-Liars
-People who consistently try to eRP with me after I reject them.
-Shulk mains (smash 4)
-People complaining about offensive humor
-People PM'ing me on discord asking why they can't talk in a server (READ THE ****** RULES HOLY ****)
-People who get offended by something, and actively try to get it censored/removed/changed/etc. to fit their liking instead of ignoring it.
-30 fps
-Shuckle
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere

User avatar
Tsui
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:44 pm
Location: TX, USA

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Tsui » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:52 am

Let's add "people who decide that they'd rather argue over what is and isn't offensive than try to get along" to mine :herosway:


Also why is no one else mentioning kerning. I mean. That stuff is serious business.
Image
avatar by ZipoCXG - banner art by Nine - CI Blizzard Group

User avatar
taco chao
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:35 pm
Location: Here, I guess?
Contact:

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by taco chao » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:56 am

^I mean, doesn't bad kerning go without saying? It's like saying one of your pet peeves is getting shot, it's sort of hard not to notice bad keming.
I'm foo757#1804 on battle.net, if anyone is up for Hearthstone/Overwatch.

User avatar
Jeffery Mewtamer
Ultimate Chaos Chao
Ultimate Chaos Chao
Posts: 3078
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:59 pm
Motto: Lover of all things cute and magical

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:08 pm

*Looks up kerning in Wiktionary.* There's a term for that, and people actually care about it beyond monospace vs proportional? I'm not one to judge, but that sounds like Death the Kid levels of OCD.

Anyways, a few more pet peeves:
Plain-text Mathematical/scientific notation that makes heavy use of symbols that are usually unspoken in human language but need to be spoken for the notation to make sense verbally. Granted, this is as much a problem with my screen reader's inability to tell from context when non-alphanumeric characters should be spoken or unspoken.

Digital Text that is formatted in a way that makes it harder to read, especially when plain HTML paragraphs would've worked just fine.

The inability of Gmail's "View as HTML" function to parse OpenDocument Text(and presumably other OpenDocument formats). It handles every other common text format with the possible exception of ePub and Kindle eBooks, but it doesn't support the native format of what is possibly the most widely used FOSS Office Suite!

Finding that a Book I want to read has a Audible Audio Edition but no Audio CD version. Doubly frustrating if an Audio Cassette version is available, A CD version is available, but is abridged, or it's a book in a series that I've found the rest of on Audio CD and unabridged.
Just so you know, I am blind.

Those who approach life like a child playing a game, moving and pushing pieces, possess the power of kings.

User avatar
taco chao
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:35 pm
Location: Here, I guess?
Contact:

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by taco chao » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:22 pm

^Eh. OCD, nah. High-functioning autism... maybe. I've noticed me and other people on the spectrum I know care about it, but it's a pretty small sample size and I hate people blaming things on the disorder (one for the pet peeve pile, I guess). Mostly what I wind up complaining about in bad kerning is stupid things like an r and an n right next to each other looking like an m... which the word "kerning" itself is an example of sometimes.
I'm foo757#1804 on battle.net, if anyone is up for Hearthstone/Overwatch.

User avatar
Pufflehugs
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Posts: 431
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:25 pm
Motto: I an Rubs
Location: Comet Observatory ⭐

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Pufflehugs » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:52 pm

Nova.
If you say C*ncrete with no censor I'LL BLOCK YOU
Profile pic by Tsui

User avatar
Jeffery Mewtamer
Ultimate Chaos Chao
Ultimate Chaos Chao
Posts: 3078
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:59 pm
Motto: Lover of all things cute and magical

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:02 pm

I recently went on a Audiobook/Radio Drama shopping spree and have been reminded of a few more:

Multi-CD Audiobooks/Audio Dramas with incomplete, inconsistant, or non-existant CDDB Data. Especially annoying since I can't use printed disc labels or information from the box to assist with manual naming/tagging of files.
CD Audiobooks/Audio Dramas that don't have one track per chapter/episode. Doubly so when chapters/episodes get split between discs.

Ripping a 5 disc audiobook is time consuming enough when the CDDB Data is complete and consistant, each chapter/episode is a single track and the most I have to do to perfect the rip is change the track number tag on the rips of Discs 2-5. It's a major headache to rip a 24-disc title where half the discs have no CDDB Entries, the album and track title formats differ wildly from among the discs with CDDB entries, each chapter/episode is split into anywhere from 2 to a dozen tracks, and there's a chapter split at every disc break. Sure, sox can concatenate flac files no problem and metaflac lends itself well to bash scripts, especially for works with unnamed chapters/episodes, but it's still a time consuming chore to clean up a raw rip with bad CDDB data or split chapters/episodes.
Just so you know, I am blind.

Those who approach life like a child playing a game, moving and pushing pieces, possess the power of kings.

User avatar
Enzo03
Ultimate Chaos Chao
Ultimate Chaos Chao
Posts: 3879
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:56 pm
Motto: Resident forum dinosaur.
Location: The grand void. There is no escape.
Contact:

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Enzo03 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:40 pm

  1. Bad keming I mean kerning.
  2. People who don't use turn signals when changing lanes.
  3. People whose turn signals flash twice as fast.
  4. People with bumper stickers -- the more they have, the further away from them you should want to be.
  5. People who wear Crocs.
  6. People who can't seem to use the right versions of "Their," "There," and "They're," as well as "Your" and "You're." It's really ****** simple.
  7. People who mix up "brakes" and "breaks." This too is really ****** simple.
  8. People with more credit cards than fingers on hands. What the **** kind of dumb **** borrows money to pay off borrowed money?
  9. Willful ignorance.
  10. Match-3 games.
  11. People who enjoy Match-3 games.
  12. This new clickbait site is amazeballs! You won't believe what kind of trash it has inside!
  13. Minions.
  14. So-called "enthusiasts" who generalize people's knowledge about a broad subject based on one or two smaller parts in which this person may have great knowledge in, while discounting all other aspects of it.
  15. People who project when they don't have anything logical to add to the argument, usually in the form of "lol u say 'X' doesn't include u but u replied to me to defend 'X' so u must be 'X' so u r biased and u lose haha."
  16. The state of news today where outlets pick a side and try to polarize people as much as possible -- wait, no. "Pet Peeve" doesn't do this justice.
  17. People who say something extremely uncalled for about a particular group, in the wrong time, place, and context, then backpedal and say "it's just a joke!" when called out for it.
  18. Bonus if above doesn't hold others to the same standard, i.e. "It's only okay when I do it/when it aligns with what I like/hate" and gets excessively petty over it.
  19. People who decide what I should and shouldn't be offended by all because I'm part Korean.
  20. Bonus if above decides I'm "one of those Kimchi-and-Taekwondo people."
  21. Also bonus if they instead decide I'm not Asian enough to be Asian because I disagree with whatever standard they pulled out of their ass for me.
  22. Finally a bonus if they do #17
Steam: crazyenzo03 - Discord: Enzo03 #2547

User avatar
Dr. Roivas
Master Chao
Master Chao
Posts: 1125
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:35 pm
Motto: urine speaks louder than words
Location: \[T]/ praisin dat orb
Contact:

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Dr. Roivas » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:26 pm

-music snobs
-ppl who are literally always looking to debate regardless of the circumstances like no "****slayer75" this is neither the time nor the place to shout about fallacies and literally nothing else
-on that note ppl who call other ppl ****s and mean it (especially because nine times out of ten they tend to be alt-right white supremacist types so)
-ppl who still hate on hipsters, in this, the year of our lord 2016
-ppl who get their political opinions from south park
-really just snobbery in general
-neo-[insert political ideology here]
-the rich
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature

User avatar
Lamby
Goddess
Goddess
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:38 pm
Motto: razor sharp beauty queen
Location: throne room
Contact:

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Lamby » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:51 pm

ok there's more but i got bored:
Spoiler:
  • republicans and conservatives, also when they whine about their ridiculous beliefs being rightfully rubbed from existence lmao
  • capitalists
  • religion being taken as seriously as reality, i agree with religious freedom but it doesn't belong in government or school or around psychologically vulnerable children who need a scientific knowledge for our future
  • when people apply their standard of empathy to me, like it doesn't really upset me, but it is kinda boring to read someone's feelings when i'm debating them, because as someone who lacks a lotta automatic empathy, i actually really don't care about how my words affected them, i don't feel anything :/ especially when someone is acting like a contrarian moron
  • that false notion that all opinions have equal value and you're protected from being laughed out of an educated setting because opinions are inherently subjective because like nah sometimes you're just dumb and aren't worth being treated like an intellectual equal, so so sad i know :c
  • umm you know when you've hurt some guy's pride and they lack the social confidence to make a real point and they think calling you out for some double standard that doesn't actually exist bc reality is nuanced when you have social skills is impressive?? it's annoying because it makes me giggle too much
  • centrism, because it's okay to treat bad beliefs as jokes, i'm not gonna let a bigot think society actually needs their mentality
  • music plebeians. awful dad rock (you know those kids that willingly like generation x rock) and discount alternative rock bands and homogeneous folk punk band #367 and that one electroswing band you know doesn't really count as diverse or eclectic or even taste, like actually explore music
  • nintendo
  • people who wait right in front of the elevator doorway
  • non-medical clumsiness
  • stupid looking middle school moustaches on adult boys
  • bad fashion sense
  • bad teeth and greasy hair like seriously cut out sulfates, you look like some bedhead hermit
  • dry skin, t-shirts that say tl;dr "i don't have social skills so i think this is ok to wear this witty phrase over age 12"
  • men using gross cheap cologne or body spray
  • tomatoes when i said take that **** off
  • narcotics withdrawal when i missed refilling mine
  • liquid eyeliner not working right
  • cold
  • people wearing my clothes or touching my pets
  • nostalgia, i'm 23 not 50
  • too much bass
  • medicaid's dumb **** i deal with
Last edited by Lamby on Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
"You should do as I say/cause things are gonna be my way/I rule the world/so get down on your knees/better do as I please/until I tell you to stop~♥"
discord: arianna#5279

User avatar
Ivogoji
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Posts: 2768
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:11 am
Motto: Yosh!
Location: Death Egg IV

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Ivogoji » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:55 pm

^It's the pet peeve thread, not the prejudice thread.
Image
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD

Post Reply