Writing Prompts

Forum games such as "corrupt a wish" and "rate the above poster" can be played in this forum.
This is also the area for casual chat topics.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Writing Prompts

Post by Triert »

Why not, let's do this here too.

In this topic we'll make short stories (Or go to the fanfiction section if they get really long, try to keep it short.) When you complete the prompt, you will give a writing prompt that the other person has to follow.

I'll start,
Deconstruct the idea of being a pokemon trainer by emphasizing the nature of money required to train a pokemon, food that it would need, as well as other logistical factors that would make training strong pokemon difficult.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Re: Writing Prompts

Post by retrolinkx »

Spoiler:
"We hope to see you again!" the nurse beamed. I grabbed my Pokéballs and put them back on my belt. I began to head off when another trainer started talking to me.

"Isn't it great" she said, gesturing towards Nurse Joy.

"Huh?" I blurted out, following her gloved hand. "Oh...yeah I guess"

"It's so nice that it's free. I always have a lot of trouble with my Pokémon battles, that I'm usually here two or three times a day." she prattled on "I just hope my Pokémon don't hate me for all of this. I just want to be a good trainer like my dad was..."

"Are you just starting out?" I ask.

"Yeah!" she opens the side of her jacket and points to her trainer card. "I've yet to actually beat a gym leader, but..." her milk-white face went from happy to sad. She started to look at the ground and gripped her orange shirt with her hand.

"I'm not sure if I'm cut out for this to be honest. I always try to keep a happy face and train, but this is the third time I've been here today, and I don't think I'm good enough for a gym leader yet." she sighed. "I'm just so happy this is free, if this cost money I don't think I could ever be a trainer with all the mistakes I've been making."

"It gets worse, you know." I added. "Pokemon Centers may be free, but do you know how much money you waste on everything else?" She stared at me with her big sapphire blue eyes and moved her hair out of her face.

"So, the only way to get money is to beat other trainers, or gym leaders. Now the latter is fine, they always have money, but the former. Oh man, when you beat them and they walk up to you with their hand out for a good game handshake. It pisses me the **** off." I continue on "Imagine that, you've wasted around 15 minutes in this stupid fight beating this kid with your superior Pokemon, and he just comes at you with his hand like "Oh jeez, I don't have any money. I hope he'll accept this crappy handshake I give him instead". DOES THIS KID KNOW HOW MUCH TIME AND TROUBLE HE CAUSED ME. Poisoning my Pokemon, and knocking out another. Revives aren't ****ing cheap either. You can't even ask them for money either, because that's bad sportsmanship."

"And if you're an actual GOOD Pokémon trainer like me, you gotta abide by the stupid 50% rule. So if I had around 100,000 pokedollars, GUESS WHO GETS HALF BECAUSE I LOST. The amount of times I'll buy 50,000 pokedollars worth of goods to beat a gym leader only to be outclassed by him, and then to add insult to injury I HAVE TO GIVE HIM HALF OF MY REMAINING MONEY." I seethed. "It only gets worse from there as well. I'm kicked out on my ass and told "try again next time" and have to do a walk of shame back to the damn Pokemon center to get my Pokemon back up to health, which incidentally is why I'm here right now. So now, I'm going to have to beat some weaklings to get more money back, oh but only if they have some because otherwise I'll get that stupid handshake again that I despise with a passion, and then finally when I get some money from the few rich pricks who actually have some, I'll be able to try this again, but oh no. Since I've spent the whole ****ing day training, I won't be able to take on the gym anymore because it's night time and it's time for bed."

"But at least the Pokemon Centre is a freestay lodge for trainers, right?" She broke in.

"Hahahahaha. Oh man, if you can get there in time." I disagreed "There's a limit on how many trainers they can take in and it's always a small stupid number like 40 or something. Look around you, girl. There's more then 50 trainers waiting for their Pokemon to be healed, and possibly more in this city. I mean, if I'm lucky enough to get a room, I'm grateful but I usually never am, so this means I either gotta set up camp somewhere close by, or go to a hotel. But before that, we've got feeding time. I gotta eat, my Pokémon gotta eat and Poké-food ain't cheap either. Especially for someone like me who has six Pokémon on him at all times, all different types requiring different foods, and traipsing around the city to several places to find the best offers they can on Pokefood is a massive hassle that wastes more time, and even then you're spending around 10,000 Poke dollars on food, along with the additional costs of medicine that'll you probably need several of this is coming into the vicinity of 30,000, and when trainers barely give you anything these days good luck with that."

"Maybe it gets better?" I continued "Maybe when I get super strong Pokemon and win battles left and right against strong trainers who ACTUALLY have money instead of just little kids who barely have anything, but LOVE to poison, or put my Pokémon to sleep, but nonono. I have to deal with all this dumb **** l have no control over and lose tons of money to. Hell, even if it did get better, you know how HARD it is to catch Pokémon these days? Those awful Pokeball companies have made Pokéballs flimsy as ****. If you fail to catch a Pokémon, the ****ING ball breaks. You know how many balls I needed to catch my damn Pikachu? 31, and that took around an hour since the little ******* kept paralyzing my guys and wasting ti-" I stopped and looked at the girl, who seemed to be on the verge of tears.

"Uh...I mean, h-have fun Pokémon training kid. It'll be a whole lot of fun. hahaha....hah...." I promised "Like, this has just been m-my experience with Pokémon training, I'm sure yours will be different." I check my Pokegear and noticed the time. "Oh man, I'm pretty late."

I rush ahead to the door, and look back at the girl who hasn't moved an inch since I talked to her. "Uh...good luck" I shout back with a smile on my face.

"I...shouldn't have told her that" I whispered to myself as I left the Pokemon Center.
Here's mine.
A man whose life is so uninteresting that they have nothing better to do but create threads in desperation to see what will stick.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

Spoiler:
It was your average day in the Comet Observatory. Lumas were about the starship doing their daily business. It had been quite a while since Mario's adventures in space, and the ship had changed quite a bit since then. The coffee shop was undoubtly the most popular of the ship's new additions. Lumas would trade in star bits from around the galaxy to get a sweet cup of star coffee, a coffee made with star bit powder.
While most of the ship's residents were out and about, there was one person who wasn't doing much of anything. This person was the child of Rosalina. You've probably heard of them, too. Although it wasn't their birthname, they go by the name "Puffle". Mostly because that's what the lumas had been calling them for years. Sure, it's pretty racist, but Puffle didn't really care.
"Hey Rosie, what're you doing?" asked Puffle's adoptive sister, Frisk; a small goat-like creature who is not to be confused with Triert.
"I'm planning my rant about communism to post on the forums." answered Puffle. Puffle couldn't actually type, since puffles don't have hands. Instead, Puffle relied on assistance from their speech-to-text program (which was actually some underpaid Mexican from Discord) to write forum posts.
Frisk just sighed and walked off. "Dang it, I should have asked her to pick up a star bit donut," thought Puffle, "I'm kinda hungry after all this thinking."
Puffle's thoughts were soon interrupted by a desktop notification. They grabbed the mouse with their mouth and clicked on the notification. This lead Puffle to a post on the Chao Island forums. This already bewildered Puffle, because Chao Island didn't have desktop notifications, but they read the post anyway.
"Hey Puffle, your posts are mad lame bro dog. - Triert"
It was at this moment Puffle realized they should be doing something more productive with their life. None of their threads stuck or gained any traffic, especially last year's fun Halloween monster creator game. Maybe it was time to quit Chao Island once and for all. Puffle then clicked on Discord and called their underpaid Mexican slave.
"Hey Danny, I need you to write out the most important Chao Island post to ever be written."
Three hours later, Puffle's masterpiece was complete. They gawked and admired their creation. Truly, this would change Chao Island forever.
"Shut up Triert you big stinky meanie!" followed by ten Chao Cry emoticons. Undoubtedly a work of pure talent, wit, and grace.
Alright here's mine you big stinky meanies.
A world where Rubs managed to take over the forums and rules it with an iron fist.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

(What's the damage retro?)
Spoiler:
No one was sure how long it had been since Rubs had taken power, the Non Chao Island sections related of the island had been removed. These days no one remembered what they were like, multiple people had been removed, staff included. The years passed and people thought they were safe plotting against Rubs in skype, various chat rooms, none could keep us safe from him forever. His eyes were everywhere, even now we're not sure how long it'll be before we get caught in this new program called "Discord."

My name is eboy, and despite everything I've tried to do to stop Rubs it's failed. I could have just gone to a different island, so could anyone else. In fact, I think I will. I'd left to the docks and found an old ferry. "What took you so long?" The ferryman asked me, a cowl covering his face yet his stare felt familiar, as if it recognized me. "I'm not sure,
nothing really kept people from leaving except..." I said before he cut off. "Themselves? Usually that's the case. Get on, we're getting out of here." He told me until we saw...him. Pufflehugs, Rubs strongest enforcer waiting for us on the boat. He tackled me onto the rickety wooden docks as I did my best to fight him off.
His hands surrounding my neck and tried to choke me blue. The ferryman had blasted him with a shotgun from behind, launching him into the water from the force of it. "That shotgun, it can't be, they said you and the rest were dead!" I said.

He removed his cowl, revealing himself to be none other than Triert. "I hid myself while I tried to repair myself." He told me as he reached into the water and pulled out the helmet Puffle was wearing, he threw it to me. "You'll need that, follow me."

We were inside of a workshop of his, the plan was simple. I would drive out and plant dynamite in rubs communication tower. After it was blown up, Triert would come in and finish the job and take out Rubs. "We thought it was fun and games making fun of him, and his entire family. Until it turned out it was his family that was talking to us, and his dog too. A lawsuit had happened and Mooncow figured it was easier to give him control of the island instead of deal with the fee in damages sustained to him and his family from all of our trolling." Triert told me as the bike I would ride out to the tower was finished. The helmet had a radio implanted in it, so he would be able to give me a good feed.

Just like that I was off, the night was dark and foreboding but it didn't stop me one bit. I had been off and rode through the streets, the various chao stores poorly kept, the topics dead for years, none would stop me from completing this and saving them all. I'd reached the tower, how could he have left it this unguarded?
I didn't have time to question it, I ran as quick as I could up the tower. I'd finally reached the top, ready to blow this all up.

But why, why did Rubs already have his own tower set to explode?
---
As soon as the feed had cut off, I rushed to the tower and saw it explode. The dynamite I gave him couldn't have caused that, nothing I had could have. Eboy died for nothing, and now Rubs is going to take advantage of this to make more rules. I'm sorry Eboy, I couldn't have known Rubs would have outdone us...I'm so sorry.
New prompt
Write the average day for a chao in the chao garden after sonic and friends have been gone for many years and not caring for them.