I Hate Fusion

Forum games such as "corrupt a wish" and "rate the above poster" can be played in this forum.
This is also the area for casual chat topics.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Renata
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: THEY/THEM pronouns only

I Hate Fusion

Post by Renata » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:39 am

Don't you just hate it when two or more atomic nuclei come close enough to form one or more different atomic nuclei and subatomic particles (neutrons or protons).
USE THEY/THEM pronouns only
i'm "renae" stop asking pls. call me crowley or crow.

Pumpkinium
CI Artist
CI Artist
Motto: Face the crowd, and bleed for them.

Re: I Hate Fusion

Post by Pumpkinium » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:04 am

atobic partiples......
|Listography|discord: Jhin#1115|

chaoadventures
Mystical Halloween Winner
Mystical Halloween Winner
Motto: "Man, I'm never taking another 24-hour shift again."

Post by chaoadventures » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:43 am

not really

just remember to isolate your isotopes though

that stuff's freakin' annoying

Mamkute
Moderator General
Moderator General

Post by Mamkute » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:32 am

I have played Metroid Fusion so many times.
Fusion is pretty cool. Although I think the common idea that fusion reactors will solve all the problems of fission reactors is quite false. Fission is already a very good source of energy.

What's really stupid is how neutrons decay when on their own. Come on. You are a neutral particle, and yet you can't even survive for more than hour without a proton buddy? Stupid.

Pufflehugs
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: I an NOT Rubs

Post by Pufflehugs » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:43 am

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak gems stronger, man. We need to get that garbage off of our forums.
If you say C*ncrete with no censor I'LL BLOCK YOU
Profile pic by Tsui

Jeffery Mewtamer
Ultimate Chaos Chao
Ultimate Chaos Chao
Motto: Lover of all things cute and magical

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:06 pm

Considering that most of the atoms that make up our bodies and most of the world around us were forged through nuclear fusion and it provides the energy source for most organisms at the producer level of most food webs, I'm quite happy that fusion is so common in the universe. Without it, the universe would just be a massive cloud of hydogen with the occasional lump doing nothing.

I also agree to some extent with Mamkute. Sure, Fusion reactors would produce less radioactive waste, but so would improvements in Fission technology that starts either with something less hazardous than Uranium(I hear Thorium Reactors are quite clean) or that recycles waste from primary reactors as fuel for secondary reactors. Besides, Fusion does nothing to address Fission's Bug #1: The irrational fear the masses have that every reactor is a bomb waiting to go off. Never mind that coal power plants suffer more on the job deaths annually than all deaths related to nuclear power put together. Still, I salute the French for having a nearly completely nuclear power grid.
Just so you know, I am blind.

Those who approach life like a child playing a game, moving and pushing pieces, possess the power of kings.

Ivogoji
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:10 pm

If only you didn't have to do that stupid dance every time to make it happen.
Sure, there's the earrings, but then potara fusion is permanent.
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD

Pufflehugs
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: I an NOT Rubs

Post by Pufflehugs » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:57 pm

It's not actually permanent anymore, it's retconned in Super so it's only actually permanent for supreme kais, everybody else is on a time limit like the dance.
If you say C*ncrete with no censor I'LL BLOCK YOU
Profile pic by Tsui

Mamkute
Moderator General
Moderator General

Post by Mamkute » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:12 am

Jeff knows what's up with nuclear power. Thorium reactors are indeed much better in terms of not producing threatening waste. The sad part is, is that during the sixty's the United States government pushed for uranium reactors because of their potential to also be used for weapon making. And now thorium reactors are several decades behind uranium reactors.

Puffle that is news to me (I have not been watching Super, although I really should....) But I am so very not okay with that. Seems like a lame retconning just to have Vegito be back. Admittedly, Vegito is crazy awesome.

Jeffery Mewtamer
Ultimate Chaos Chao
Ultimate Chaos Chao
Motto: Lover of all things cute and magical

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:50 pm

Yeah, I much preferred when Vegito's original defusion was just part of Buu's digestive process, and would've preferred Gogeta making his main timeline debut or the item used for Fusion in the Fusion video game being imported to the anime to the Potara retcon. And yes, the dance is ridiculous. No idea if DNA Digivolving and Biomerging was inspired by DBZ, but Digimon certainly handled the concept of two characters fusing temporarily to create a more powerful being in a more dignified manner. Though, back to dragonball, I wonder if Fat Buu could pull a super Buu and absorb other Universe 7 Fighters and then figure out a way to voluntarily regurgitate them.

I knew Uranium was a popular choice for pre-Nuclear nations wishing to become nuclear nations because of its potential for both weapons and energy production, but I had no idea the knowledge of Thorium as a fissile material was known way back in the 60s. Just makes the US's attempts to prevent additional nations from joining the nuclear world seem all the more hypocritical.
Just so you know, I am blind.

Those who approach life like a child playing a game, moving and pushing pieces, possess the power of kings.

Vaporwave
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto:

Post by Vaporwave » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:45 am

Enter Vaporwave#0138 on your Discord-compatible device for inquiries.