Horrifying Theory

The Pokémon board, because of popular demand! Gotta catch 'em all!
Warning! This topic is 10 years old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Horrifying Theory

Post by Triert »

The reason the postgame sucks in X/Y is because Game Freak put a lot of effort into the metgame to turn the metagame into the postgame.

Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Re: Horrifying Theory

Post by Tobi »

You know too much. *loads gun*
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

I don't see how this could be a bad thing.

The points of the game are to raise your pokemon and fight friends and strangers alike with them as well as trade them, and they have been the points since Red and Green (JPN).

With tons of new internet possibilities, there's really no excuse to not be able to at least battle online.

And hell, I'm having lots of fun training different pokes.

However, if I battle anybody on CI and they use Gengar, Tyranitar, Garchomp, or any combination of 3 Legendaries, I will personally rip their pokes' throats out.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

what u got against tyranitar
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

it's a pokemon used 24/7 by ***** asses in battle spot.

just like salamences, and garchomps. and dragonites. and gyarados's. and hydreigons.

basically every literal dragon that isn't druddigon.

i'm incredibly sick of seeing them in battle spot, but i'm too much of a pussy to get into actual competitive poke battling.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

That's the metagame for you...

Dragons, Tyranitars, and Gengars
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Nova! wrote:However, if I battle anybody on CI and they use Gengar, Tyranitar, Garchomp, or any combination of 3 Legendaries, I will personally rip their pokes' throats out.
Kind of lame to ***** about certain pokemon like that. Those people are just as free to use whichever pokemon they want, just like you. I can understand encountering the same pokemon all the time gets very annoying though.
Nova! wrote:just like salamences, and garchomps. and dragonites. and gyarados's. and hydreigons.

basically every literal dragon that isn't druddigon.
Gyarados is not even a dragon type... But why would you actually use Druddigon, he isn't that strong to me, and it's a **** design if you ask me. If you think it's that good, use it yourself and make it work.
Nova! wrote:i'm incredibly sick of seeing them in battle spot, but i'm too much of a pussy to get into actual competitive poke battling.
I had the same tbh, but after you do a battle or two, you're getting into it. It's really fun if you can just get yourself over that line once. I'd definitely recommend giving it a go!
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Tobi, I believe you may have misunderstood me.

Of course people are allowed to use pokemon they choose. My problem is that usually, most people use them because of their power. 90% of the people I've battled on Game Spot uses at least one of the faux legendaries (Bar Metagross, oddly eonugh). That's why tiers are beautiful. Pokemon like Garchomp, that are incredibly powerful, usually only have one or two counters at most, and that is usually another incredibly strong pokemon. If you use the most powerful pokemon possible, the meta between the two players degenerates from "The winner is the one who can use their team better" to "Whoever has the strongest, biggest pokemon win". Tiers prevent this from happening, but since, by default, Pokemon doesn't use a tier system and only bans certain legendaries on rating battles, it's totally legal to be a dick and use Mega Blaziken, Aegislash, and Destiny Bond Gengar. And hell, I'll admit it, the designs for Garchomp, Tyranitar and such are awesome. I'd love to draw them all one day, and if they weren't so, basically, OP, I'd probably at least use Tyranitar. I just don't use them, because I know it's douchey for people who Battle Spot, looking for fun balanced battles, like me. Also, I don't use Druddigon, nostly because I don't feel like training one.

Also, I said literal dragon. There are dragon types that aren't used as often, as well as Gyarados not being a dragon type. Gyarados is based on the karp travelling up stream and becoming a dragon concept, the dragon part being Gyarados.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

I do understand you, and it has it's pros and cons though. I mean, if Weavile turned out to be a very good pokemon, which it can be used as, it would make it better for me since I love Weavile. But of course Tyranitar and such are just really over used (no tier pun intended), so they aren't as fun to use anymore. Garchomp is currently in OU again so I'm not sure how that'd make tiers so great, you're STILL gonna have to encounter Garchomps. You could always strictly play UU (though you'd need to make an arrangement or do a tournament to play in that tier), but that also shuts down a lot of pokemon that you can't use, since they are in OU, just not as OP as certain pokemon.

Really, I can completely understand you'd get sick of encountering a team containing Garchomp, Azumarill, Tyranitar, Talonflame, Rotom-W and Togekiss (just mentioning pokemon that are very common in OU competitive), but it shouldn't really refrain people from using them. I personally find seeing them all the time very annoying and uncreative though. There's a lot more potential in other pokemon, like how I'd rather run Mega Banette with destiny bond instead of Gengar, since Mega Banette has priority. Aegislash is also usually used very poorly by people in general, so I don't mind him being used. Some don't even run king's shield, and at that point, you're just being wrong. Aegislash can easily be shut down by inflicting burn, paralyze, confusion or using foul play. His 'protect' doesn't block anything, only the latter, which uses HIS attack stat, so the stat lowering doesn't matter.

Long story short, I think I brought it too direct instead of misunderstanding, plus that I don't relate to hating against people using it, I just think it's lame and shrug it off.

Bar Metagross though? What's that?
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Metagross is the only faux legendary that isn't a dragon, and I haven't seen one person use one, even though they're probably one of the best defensive pokemon in OU.
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

One of the reasons no-one uses Metagross is possibly because they're a pain in the ass to breed.

I have a 5 IV one that I bred, with an Adamant Nature, that is a physical attacker and one of my pride and joys. It was, by a mile, the most time-consuming and aggravating Pokémon I've bred because it can't breed with anything but Ditto.