Mega Evolution Ideas?

The Pokémon board, because of popular demand! Gotta catch 'em all!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: Mega Evolution Ideas?

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Midnite wrote: Is that a Sun Wukong reference? I'd be up for that for sure!
Yes, yes it is. The only reason I didn't mention it explicitly is I couldn't remember Sun Wukong's Chinese name and his Japanese name is more closely associated with a manga character that was lossely based on the Great Monkey King. Also, if the localization team drop the convention of calling Mega evolution items *mon's name*-nite, Infernape's Evolution Item could be named after Sun Wukong's size-changing pole. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Infernape was already loosely based on Sun Wukong, and the only reason I have Mega Infernape ditch the fight typing is because Fire/Fight has an over abundance among starters.

Also, I can get behind Mega Yanmega(should that be Yantera for short?) provided it is Bug/Dragon.

Thinking more about the Mega Eeveelution idea above, I like it. Give each Eeveelution a Mega evo that gains a second type that was physical before the split with none repeated, and then have a Mega Eevee that is pure Normal, but has stats that make it just as viable as any of its evolved forms.
Ommy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Ommy »

EvilPinkamina wrote:
Ommy wrote:Mega Dunsparce
Dunsparite
Normal/Dragon
Ability: Serene Grace or Scrappy
HP: 100
Attack: 90
Defense: 80
Sp. Attack: 50
Sp. Defense: 80
Speed: 60
:/ those are still quite weak stats, especially for a mega
Well, he has weak stats to begin with anyways, so...
Toram159
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Toram159 »

Personally I think they should break the mega evo rule with Eevee and leave the eeveelutions out of it, give people a reason to stick to eevee instead of just catching it to evolve into [insert element]eon. And mega Yanmega sounds interesting aswell.
Deviant Art: http://toram159.deviantart.com/
RP Repository: http://www.rprepository.com/p/Sketch444/
Steam: Toram159/Sketch444
XBL Gamer Tag: Malum159
PSN: etcha-sketch159
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Post by Jack Augustine »

No, Toram; if they make a Mega for Eevee, they'd need one for the full Eeveelutions family.
Toram159
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Toram159 »

Going by that logic then it'd be a guarantee that Gallade would get a mega evo since Gardevoir got one, but yeah I still think it'd be more interesting if they just gave eevee a mega evo instead of the eeveelutions. I also think a Mega Arkanine and Mega Ninetails would be really interesting to see.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

GameFreak can do whatever they want with future installments of Pokemon, though regarding the Eeveelutions and Megas, all or none would probably create the fewest complaints from the fanbase. Then again, I get the feeling that Megas are somewhat of a base breaker in their own right.

As for the Mega Ninetails idea, I think it should have a Thousand tails(at least according to word of God since drawing that accurately would be impractical if not impossible) and gain either a Psychic, Dark, or Fairy type to respect the mystical powers Foxes have in Japanese methology. Not so sure about Mega Arcanine, though I would agree that it would feel wrong to give one a mega and not the other.
Toram159
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Toram159 »

Maybe Mega Ninetails would be a fire/ghost type, probably have a few more tails but they could be ethereal, and it could have a different color, maybe a light grey or greyish yellow, and draw some inspiration from various other japanese spirits in terms of appearance. Dunno what typing mega arcanine could have, beyond fire, but maybe he could look sleeker, kinda more dog-like, but still incredibly powerful, what with being THE Legendary pokemon.
tailsdolllover98
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by tailsdolllover98 »

Hiya toram! I iz back! And ninetales gotta mega evolve! I had an idea where her multitude of tails become a giant fire! (A bit like flareon) arcanine is rumoured to mega evolve in alpha ruby and omega sapphire but is fire/FAIRY! Of all types they choose fairy... /)_- it is based of the chinese lions. Also I say zangoose could maybe mega evolve just maybe

NINETALES MUST MEGA EVOLVE! (I have her in my party and her and arcanine are my fave fire types)
Also dragonite he is a cute form of charizard and charizard mega evolved so why not dragonite?

And for fun snorlax
In the kalos region, catching pokemon and and looking for shiny ones too! If you can't find me there I'll be in freddy fazbear's pizza trying to ward off chica/toy chica

(\_(\
(=' ;') ~♥
(,(')(').

This is bunny. Bunny loves everyone...will you love bunny

FC 3711-8758-2388

EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

If Ninetails mega evolved, they wouldn't make it look like flareon. They would probably take off the story of the nine tailed fox to make it original.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
tailsdolllover98
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by tailsdolllover98 »

I meant only the tail would be like flareons.....yanmega would be cool if the took off its ninetails it wouldn't be ninetales
In the kalos region, catching pokemon and and looking for shiny ones too! If you can't find me there I'll be in freddy fazbear's pizza trying to ward off chica/toy chica

(\_(\
(=' ;') ~♥
(,(')(').

This is bunny. Bunny loves everyone...will you love bunny

FC 3711-8758-2388

Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Post by Jack Augustine »

I found another Mega Luxray thing. Except, not Electric/Dark...

http://pyroaura98.deviantart.com/art/Me ... -452484582

Electric/Psychic.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Psychic as a secondary type is hardly appropriate for a Mega Luxray. Just it's appearance alone evokes Dark type, plus I'm pretty sure it has more Dark type moves than Psychic (or at least I always used Dark type moves with my Luxray).

Idea: Mega Electivire, Electric/Fighting type, preferably with an even more Eggman-esque design, and some moves that actually put those massive arms to good use.
Last edited by Ivogoji on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

I agree that Mega Luxray should have Dark instead of Psychic for its secondary typing. I love the concept shown of Mega Luxray and I could definitely see a Mega Electivire with that design and typing choice.

I really really REALLY want to see a Mega Mismagius. I could see a Ghost/Psychic dual typing for it, since it seems mage-like in appearance. I would also love to see a Mega Flygon, perhaps with an extra set of wings as part of its design. A Mega Cofagrigus could be interesting design-wise. Oh and a Mega Dragonite too, though I'm not sure what would you call the stone for it. Dragonitenite? Dragostone? Just simply dragonite? I think Rayquaza should get a mega (or primal, as the game called it) evolution too, right alongside Kyogre and Groudon, perhaps with some Quetzalcoatl references for design inspiration. A Mega Ho-Oh with Suzaku references in the design would be cool too.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

They Who Lack a Face (Newest Project, Updating)
dA|Tumblr|Pokemon X Adventure Tumblr
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Post by Dr. Roivas »

yeah yknow these are all good ideas and all

but once again id just like to say

plague doc aromatisse

fairy/poison mang
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

^This needs to happen.
Blasphemy wrote:I think Rayquaza should get a mega (or primal, as the game called it) evolution too, right alongside Kyogre and Groudon, perhaps with some Quetzalcoatl references for design inspiration. A Mega Ho-Oh with Suzaku references in the design would be cool too.
This also needs to happen.

I wonder if the Primal form concept could be extended to other Pokemon, even those that already have a Mega Evolution, allowing for two alternate forms? For some Pokemon like Regigigas or Spiritomb, it would make sense if they were stronger in a primitive, 'younger' state than in their normal forms, which are touched by the ravages of time/being sealed in a can.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
livig.
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Motto: Shoot for the moon. If you miss, land in the stars.

Post by livig. »

I figured that Luxray should have the Dark typing versus the Psychic typing. It learns Bite and Crunch via leveling up, and Night Slash as an egg move. Plus, it just fits, and they haven't done that typing yet (as well as Psychic).
Plus, Mega Marowak. Courtesy of Lavender Town, make it ground/ghost.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Speaking of Primal forms, perhaps they'll finally give us the complete form of Kyurem as a primal.

Primal Regigigas would be beast, expecially if it loses slow start in the process.
Perhaps Primal Arceus could have a form that makes the thousand arms line from its Legend make sense.
As for Primal Spiritomb, I think it should be pure Dark and have a more tangible form(it's ghostly nature being a result of being sealed).

With Beedrill getting a Mega, I want a Mega Butterfree that is Bug/Psychic and at least as viable as the existing top tier bugs.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

If we're gonna talk about primal forms, I want Primal Dialga. Not because I love Dialga or anything, but because of his appearance in MD.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.