Conquest XY 2014 [Battling and tournament over]

The Pokémon board, because of popular demand! Gotta catch 'em all!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Re: Conquest XY 2014 [13 of 18, joinups closed]

Post by EvilPinkamina »

I only have Bri right now. Then I'll be able to fix my team for my tournament :D
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

Okay well if you're watching the chat, Loud said to consider this tournament cancelled, but if people are still willing to do their share of battles as soon as possible, we can still make it to the end. Unfortunately, Loud refuses to battle his 2 remaining opponents, meaning that if we still continue, I have to take away all the points people got from winning against him.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Tobi, I have a better idea, you should try restarting the Tournament, but using Pokemon Showdown!. It'd be accessible by everybody on CI, and wouldn't require a waiting period due to the nature of the site.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

no
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Nova! wrote:Tobi, I have a better idea, you should try restarting the Tournament, but using Pokemon Showdown!. It'd be accessible by everybody on CI, and wouldn't require a waiting period due to the nature of the site.
Tobi doesn't like showdown, but I could try and get one up if people are willing to.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

May I ask why?
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

You may.

I'll give a list:
1. As Pinka mentioned, I don't like showdown personally. If this were to become a showdown tournament, I'd be out instantly.
2. There's no reason to since the servers aren't down THAT often, the teams are already finished and everyone has a usable 3DS.
3. I don't really want to restart this.
4. If there's going to be a showdown tournament, I suggest you make a new topic for a tournament yourself instead. I know Pic would love to join.

If your question was to why I don't wanna do showdown, I find it very disorienting, I can barely tell what's going on by the lack of proper animation, or the incredible amounts of stuff that's visible and I feel like just setting up teams and playing with them takes away the vibe of them being your pokemon. It's part of the tournament to prepare a team with blood, sweat and tears, instead of dragging some bars and typing some words to create the ultimate pokemon for your team.