I think, we've got some Hoenn remakes on our hands.

The Pokémon board, because of popular demand! Gotta catch 'em all!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

I think, we've got some Hoenn remakes on our hands.

Post by retrolinkx »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywGSON9tNq0

Could be sequels tho'.

If they are remakes, well then I gotta do this.

All the peeps that said it wouldn't happen, disproves theories, and in general hated the idea of it. Ya'll laughed at me, but look who's laughin' now If they're remakes, if not I'm going to look pretty stupid
Spoiler:
Nirvana wrote:I don't know why you people are so insistent on believing this. Those games will not be remade. Why? Those games took place in the same era as Firered and Leafgreen, which took place two years prior to Hg/Ss & D/P/Pt. .-.
GOLEM wrote:
Triert wrote:The remakes seem almost certain now with the very subtle hints dropped that relate to RSE.

- Diving returning
- Weather Trio
- Trio with a master

Did all of you forget about this little line from Devon Co?

I'm trying to develop a device that visually reproduces dreams of Pokemon...But it's not going well Then they succeded.
none of these really seem like hints. like...at all.
GOLEM wrote:all of the games reference each of the past gens? that's not hinting at things, that's just BEING A POKEMON GAME.
Nirvana wrote:In all honesty, I don't think there will be anymore remakes. I'm confused why people keep convincing themselves there are going to be more remakes despite the fact every pokemon you can obtain in those old games you can obtain in the newer games. .-. If I see another thread like this, I'm gonna spazz.
Nirvana wrote: I just hate when people say "For sure it's gonna happen because it's a pattern". That reason doesn't seem applicable at all.
GOLEM wrote:
Flame wrote:SCREW MYSTERY DUNGEON

REMAKE RUBY AND SAPPHIRE
ahahahahahahaha NO
Chao Ball wrote:
Kausa wrote:When they do make a 3rd gen remake, how much your all raging will just be hilarious in hindsight.
And it will be hilarious when you whine about them making gen 6 and having not of made the R/S/E remakes yet.
Nirvana wrote:I LOVE YOU FOR SAYING THIS, GOLEM. Gawd. If I hear one more person say "They're gonna make remakes because they've d0n3 !+ +w!c3 @lr3@dY!!11! TWICE. LOLO L UR JUS MAD BCUZ THEIR REMAKING THEM.", I'm gonna spazz. People seem to forgot THOSE GAMES TOOK PLACE TWO YEARS BEFORE HG/SS AND D/P/Pt, and I'm sure B/W takes place a few years after that. Why the hell would you go back in time? It's possible, though, for them to reuse the region. Anyway, another reason it's stupid is because if they remade those games, they'd have to remake FR/LG. By that logic, every game is gonna end up in the same generation, eventually.
dachaodude wrote:Ruby and sapphire remaeks would stink so bad that i would have to hurl the nintendo people into the ocean. same with leafgreen and firered remakes. theres enough kanto remakes in this world as it is.
Damn, I thought there would be more.
Last edited by retrolinkx on Wed May 07, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Re: I think, we've got some Hoenn remakes on our hands.

Post by CitrusCat »

November 2014?! Wow that's not that long if you think about it. Especially since a certain Summer Vacation is in between. This is real right? :D

I have no idea what version to get, help me guys.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Sapphire is objectively the best.
ZipoCXG
Chao Artist
Chao Artist
Motto: Well have you had curry?

Post by ZipoCXG »

#fangirlsquee
God this makes me feel old, since I remember getting hyped for the original Ruby and Sapphire when I was only about 7 or 8. But I'm glad they're finally remaking one of my favorite gens~!
Too bad they didn't show any gameplay yet, I'd really like to see some..
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

Hoenn...finally...confirmed....

Last edited by Triert on Wed May 07, 2014 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blasphemy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Blasphemy »

It has been confirmed on Serebii...in other words, it's real.

...I-I was feeling pretty crappy just now but that evidently just made me feel a lot better. I was really, really hoping that the 3rd gen would get a remake sometime soon! I'm gonna have my baby swampert back, eeeee! Now maybe those weird "Hoenn confirmed" jokes will stop circulating on tumblr for a bit. However, there is one thing I need to question/comment on:

serebii.net wrote:It has been announced by The Pokémon Company that new versions of Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire are to be released on the Nintendo 3DS this year. These games, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming November 2014 worldwide. The press release lists these games as a fresh take on Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire and states "The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world."
Note the bold part. Considering it mentions a spetacular new world and a "dramatic story", is it actually a remake or a reimagining? Is reimagining the same thing as a remake? Either way, I hope the keep and expand upon trainer customization and keep Pokemon Amie and Super Training. It would feel like a step back from X and Y if they leave them out.
Last edited by Blasphemy on Wed May 07, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

They Who Lack a Face (Newest Project, Updating)
dA|Tumblr|Pokemon X Adventure Tumblr
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

My running theory for a long time has been that we aren't going to get remakes at all- but sequels akin to how Gold/Silver/Crystal were sequels to Gen 1, allowing the player to see how the region has changed over a time skip and actually following up the previous games' storyline. At this point the situation is ambiguous, but it looks like it might be remakes after all.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

I AN HYPE
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Oh man

I'd give anything for a new region that allowed you TO GO BACK to Hoenn.

Man, that would be perfect.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

I always thought it was odd that Johto was the only region that let you go back to an old region after completing it, despite having so many opportunities to do something like that even after the GS remakes came out.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

I'm pretty sure GF strayed away from that because fans originally didn't like how the regions were interconnected for some odd reason (might have to do with foolishly thinking that G/S had a small amount of new pokemon because Kanto pokemon appeared), which is why all of the regions as of past have been completely new locations.

Also, these are pretty much remakes, as the name gimmick is the same as the previous remakes (new prefix added onto the current names). Either way, it'll be my first chance to actually experience the 3rd gen, since I started playing when Platinum came out.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

GOLEM wrote:
Flame wrote:SCREW MYSTERY DUNGEON

REMAKE RUBY AND SAPPHIRE
ahahahahahahaha NO
ahahahahahahahaha YES

It's about damn time, yo

Thing is, they don't NEED to make a new story. They could just remake it and add nothing new and they'd still end up rolling in it.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

I hope that you can at least travel back to Hoenn as a little memory lane trip, at LEAST. It does, after all, have the same name.
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

I don't really find myself excited for these. I'm too old for Nintendo nostalgia to really make me want to spend money and unless they're going to do something more impressive than an awfully paced and basic storyline, pointless traveling through empty locations, and mediocre puzzle-solving, I'll wait until I scrounge up motivation or nostalgia to play Pokemon again. Sure, the game has a lot of mechanical RPG merit when it comes to battling and the monsters themselves, but after playing 'run through areas just to reach a new route' the 6th time, I'm hoping for a little more main game depth, or at least that locations require a modicum of problem solving other than running.

That said, it'll be cool to have and I'll probably try it eventually.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

Now, im not hyped on nostalgia fuel, but instead just excited for a remake. Thwe first game i ever played was platinum which pretty much spoiled my young 9 year old mind and i could never get around to playing emerald, which i got the same day for free because the guy working at the gamestop didnt want it anymore.

So, I went back once to finish it but again, i just couldnt find myself going back. So maybe this will be that for me.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Some of my predictions:

The Engine and Interface will have minimal changes from X/Y.
The story will either expand on Emerald's story with you fighting both Aqua and Magma of expand upon the stories of Ruby/Sapphire with you fighting only one team, but integrating some elements from Eerald(Similar to how HGSS Exapnded on Crystal's story while making the box legends part of the story).
The "new world" mentioned in the trailer is just a 3D re imagining of Hoenn using the XY graphic style with a few new locations.
We might see a rturn of the G3 Battle Frontier and updated contests.
There may be some secret events triggered by having Jirachi or Deoxys in your party.
The Lati Dou might be given some plot relevance.

Also, I have a feeling GameFreak was actually working on these before even X/Y and had plnned these remakes for G5, but delayed them on account of the 3DS needing a Pokemon Game(which i suspect is also the reason G5 is the shortest Gen since G2 in terms of time and has the fewest new mons of any generation).

As for multi-region games, I remember people complaining about the lack of Kanto or Johto in RSE and loving being able to return to Kanto in GSC(though many complained about how gutted Kanto was). Honestly, if they could figure out a way to make it so you don't just sail through the extra regions, a Game featuring every region would be nice. Of course, GameFreak knows they can provide a lackluster main game and still sell millions, and why let players return to old regions when you can get millions of players buy an extra game for the old regions updated?
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Are you implying Game Freak makes games in such a way that they know whether they're **** or not doesn't matter? Just to be clear, because the only downsides to X/Y are the subpar storytelling and poor rival assortment, which is balanced out by the vastly improved meta-game, as well as additions of Mega-Evos and the Fairy type, among other things. The focus of Pokemon isn't the plots of the game, it's interacting with other trainers around the world (as of Gen IV, when before it was just interacting with other trainers), trading and battling and experiencing with them, which they improved upon greatly.
Marnex
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by Marnex »

People genuinely thought there wouldn't be any more remakes?

I was under the impression that GF liked money.
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

so much nostalgia...Sapphire and Emerald were the first pokemon games that I bought at a store.. (G/S/R/B/Y/C were used carts that I got through auctions..) First time I found a glitch by accident too (Pomeg Glitch), and I have over 200 hours on Sapphire (mostly because I lost it for a year and a half, and found it again while cleaning my room...some reason the time kept going even though it wasn't in a gameboy advance/sp or turned on! Ended up with a lv 46 Psyduck cause it was in the daycare for some reason! XD)
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

I just realized this means May is coming back to the anime for at least one story arc, just like when Misty came back when they released the Gen I remakes (which subsequently set a precedent for female traveling companions to make temporary comebacks) and when they introduced Lyra to tie in with the Gen II remakes. Maybe this will set a further precedent for having traveling companions return multiple times? I certainly hope so.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Never thought much about remakes after a certain point myself and even then I didn't really care until I realized that I can't just delete my Emerald anymore.
I was so happy when I heard about this, I thought about crying then, I found out that it's really hard to make yourself cry with insufficient/incorrect motives (I almost got a tear though.).
Anyways, what I'm really happy about is the fact we're probably gonna get go through Hoenn again in 3d (Not that stereoscopic mess though.)
so, I'm probably just gonna replicate a Ruby and Sapphire double battle because I liked Colosseum and XD so much. Also,I want to catch Groudon/Kyogre without emulating a
Sapphire Version (Which was quite recently. (Also, the Ruby I got was a fake.) ). Nobody seem to have said anything about the fact that Groudon and Kyogre appear to have mega evolutions.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

chaoadventures wrote: Nobody seem to have said anything about the fact that Groudon and Kyogre appear to have mega evolutions.
They don't. The cover art depicts no difference in appearance other than the formerly red or black markings which are now illuminated, which could be any number of things, but hardly a Mega evolution. However, Marshtomp and Sceptile are confirmed to be getting Mega evos to match Blaziken.
Last edited by Rajikaru on Thu May 08, 2014 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
EvilPinkamina
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: $5.99

Post by EvilPinkamina »

Also, there was another silhouette under rayquaza with arrows pointing from Groudon/Kyogre to Rayquaza and Rayquaza to the silhouette, so maybe a Kyrum-esque fusion system with the Hoenn legends?
Triert wrote: I remember the old days when people would get shaped up by criticism and in turn be a better person.
Smashboards: EvilPinkamina
Discord: Pinka #5535
Twitter: @PinkDandere