my wobbafet changed its ability whilst in the daycare!

The Pokémon board, because of popular demand! Gotta catch 'em all!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
tailsdolllover98
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

my wobbafet changed its ability whilst in the daycare!

Post by tailsdolllover98 »

I was on pokemon X and trying to get a wynaut in attempt of completing my pokedex and I caught two to breed both with the ability shadowtag but put the male in with ditto but they didn't seem to get along so I took it out and put the female one in again didn't work but as I went on the male's summary and his ability was now telepathy?!

How did it change its ability?! It was shadowtag before it was put in the daycare then telepathy when it comes out o_0.

Ps why can't wobbafet learn a TM/HM? I don't get it either
In the kalos region, catching pokemon and and looking for shiny ones too! If you can't find me there I'll be in freddy fazbear's pizza trying to ward off chica/toy chica

(\_(\
(=' ;') ~♥
(,(')(').

This is bunny. Bunny loves everyone...will you love bunny

FC 3711-8758-2388

Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: my wobbafet changed its ability whilst in the daycare!

Post by Rajikaru »

Chances are it was telepathy when you put it in.

Also it can't learn TM/HM moves because it's already incredibly powerful with its high health, ability to trap enemy pokemon, and ability to basically guarantee at least one KO with Destiny Bond, Counter, Mirror Coat, and Safeguard.

Plus the fact that it's based on a punching bag, which means giving it actual moves would just be dumb.
Last edited by Rajikaru on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

1. You probably mistook Telepathy for Shadow Tag when you put it in the daycare, it can't randomly change. Maybe you didn't pay attention to the ability at all.

2. Wobbuffet can, in fact, learn TM20 Safeguard. Wobbuffet is meant be a ragdoll that catches attacks and throws the damage back at the opponent, as well as status moves. Click here to see what Wobbuffet can learn.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
tailsdolllover98
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Had a look it turns out I have two male wobbafets and one has telepathy the other has shadowtag and I know how
they can be a pain to avoid destiny bond if its used against you.

Can gardevoir and wobbafet breed? I want gardevoir's hidden ability or a shiny one :3 blue hair and black dress for mega evolution sounds like me when I'm older :3
In the kalos region, catching pokemon and and looking for shiny ones too! If you can't find me there I'll be in freddy fazbear's pizza trying to ward off chica/toy chica

(\_(\
(=' ;') ~♥
(,(')(').

FC 3711-8758-2388

ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

yup. they can breed.
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

The baby won't get a hidden ability from breeding with a Wobbuffet, the mother Gardevoir has to have the ability already (AND the Gardevoir HAS TO BE A GIRL to get a baby Ralts in the first place). Also, you better be ready to breed for weeks, because shinies aren't as easy to get as you think.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
tailsdolllover98
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Trust me I know I've had 152 eggs and no shiny if anyone has a female shiny ralts (don't care about the ability) I'll trade a mesprit for it (I have a load more pokemanz but can't be bothered listing them all xP) but hey I'll keep trying :3

(\_(\
(=' ;') ~♥
(,(')(').

FC 3711-8758-2388

CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

In addition to what the others said, if the day care man says that they "aren't getting along", they will still create an Egg, it will just take longer. They only won't breed if he says that they prefer to play with other Pokemon.

However, you won't get a Wynaut from said Egg unless you give your Pokemon a Lax Incense before Breeding it.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
tailsdolllover98
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

I have two wynauts now :3 one is named blobz dunno why but it looks blobbish

(\_(\
(=' ;') ~♥
(,(')(').

FC 3711-8758-2388