Tao and Creation trios... Related?

The Pokémon board, because of popular demand! Gotta catch 'em all!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Tao and Creation trios... Related?

Post by Jack Augustine »

So something Ivo said on the Signature post got me thinkin' about the relationship between the Unova Tao Trio and the Sinnoh Creation/Lake Trios.

Let me break it down.

Reshiram (Truth) and Zekrom (Ideals) are physical embodiments of two emotion-based forces (Kyurem's different, I forget the word Ivo used for it), and Dialga (Time), Palkia (Space), and Giratina (Antimatter) are embodiments of physical forces we come into "contact" with daily.

Uxie (Knowledge), Mesprit (Emotion), and Azelf (Willpower) are also emotion-based, however they aren't exactly like the Tao Trio.

Discussion begin.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Re: Tao and Creation trios... Related?

Post by Tobi »

I don't think they are directly connecting at all. Pokemon usually picks a theme, goes with it and sees what they can do. After gen 4 they already created god. What could they come up with next? We're 2 gens ahead of that phase. These 'forces' you mentioned are more likely themes picked at that moment that appear to relate because they relate in real life or in philosophy.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Re: Tao and Creation trios... Related?

Post by Ivogoji »

Mesprit is the origin of Emotions, and Truth and Ideals aren't exactly emotional in nature. Gen IV described the Lake Trio as representing spirit or spiritual forces, and the concepts of Truth and Ideals do relate to Knowledge and Willpower after a fashion.

I argued earlier that when the Tao Trio were one Pokemon, they represented a physical force like the Creation Trio, Energy. Zekrom is an electric type and Reshiram is a fire type, illustrating the connection with Energy. This is reinforced by their nature as the yin and yang Pokemon, embodying the two forces or energies whose interactions give rise to the natural world. Kyurem, what was 'left over' when Reshiram and Zekrom split, embodies wuji, the absence or emptyness that complements yin-yang. Since he represents an absence of energy, Kyurem's an ice type and able to absofuse with the other Tao Pokemon.

I think it's probable that the original Pokemon the Tao Trio divided from was one of the dragon types created by Arceus in the beginning, providing energy to the new born universe as the others contributed their physical forces.

This original dragon doesn't appear to be connected to Truth or Ideals until after it encountered the two brothers whose attitudes caused the Pokemon to fission. It could be argued then that Truth and Ideals actually originated with humans specifically, rather than an element Pokemon contributed to the world.

So it's like the Tao Trio were one of the Creation Pokemon before they separated, then became part of the spiritual spectrum of the Lake Trio after they fissioned after interacting with humanity. Curiously, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf do themselves bond with individual humans similar to the way Reshiram and Zekrom bond with the Heroes of Truth and Ideals. Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Kyurem appear to be more distant and alien when it comes to their relationship to mere mortals.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD