Pokémon Shuffle

The Pokémon board, because of popular demand! Gotta catch 'em all!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Pokémon Shuffle

Post by Tobi »

A new pokémon game has been released for the 3DS for free! (Am I the first one to make this topic? Really? It's been 2-3 days, guys!)

Pokémon Shuffle can be described as a candy crush-like game, in the sense of having micro-transactions so you can use real life money to buy gems, which you can exchange for lifes and coins. Oh yeah, lifes, also a candy crush-like feature. You have a life system in which when your lifes drop below 5, they will restore 1 life within half an hour time, meaning that you will have to wait 2 and a half hours to restore your lifes to the point it won't restore anymore (since you CAN buy more than 5 lifes, so it's not exactly the maximum amount, they still won't restore until you're below 5).

The game also works similar to candy crush, but instead of swapping two objects that touch each other, you can replace any movable block on the screen and swap it for another. In this game, you get a certain amount of turns to get rows of 3 or more to attack the pokémon you're trying to catch. After you've depleted it's life meter, it will be up for a catch. The pokémon will show a certain catch range, ranging from 0 to 100% chance. The chance will also increase depending on the amount of turn you have left. After throwing a pokéball, you will have caught the pokémon... or not if you're out of luck. You can always retry, but it'll cost you a life.

The pokémon you catch will be usable to assist you while catching other pokémon. Type advantages will also come in play, as matching up fire pokémon against a grass pokémon will result in higher damage. Your pokémon will also level up if you use them frequently. There's also a mega evolution option. After every 10 stages you will be awarded with a mega evolution stage. The stage will involve a mega pokémon you've already had the opportunity of to catch. After taking down the mega pokémon, you will instantly obtain it's mega stone, as well as a gem that you would usually have to pay for.

You will earn coins after every battle. The coins are used to either get boosters at the beginning of battles, or you could spend them on a great ball. Everytime you failed to catch a pokémon, you're given a second chance to buy a great ball to use instead. When used, it will double the chance of catching the pokémon, making it the only way to get a 100% catch rate, even when at 50% chance before.

TL;DR: It's a fun, free minigame about pokémon that can be a lot of fun if you're into a little puzzle game and are just plain bored.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Re: Pokémon Shuffle

Post by ShadriaFan »

I got Pokemon Shuffle, at stage 40 now.
I..did do a small microtransaction, but it was meh, I can wait the hours, I have work to do while I wait for a game, lol.
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

I didn't, I don't really want to waste money on it.

I DID catch Mew with a 18% catch rate first try! :D While I had at least 3 instances in which I had a +90% chance to catch a pokemon and didn't...
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

This thread makes me wish I could fire up a N64 emulator and play some Pokemon Puzzle League.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

Depending on your viewpoint and relationship with Nintendo this game is either a slap in a face and a warning of things to come, or a "if that's what you want you'll get" situation Nintendo is using to get all the people telling them to join the Fee to Pay phone game market off their backs.

I don't like it but I also don't really mind because I have other games to play and it doesn't sound very interesting anyways.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:This thread makes me wish I could fire up a N64 emulator and play some Pokemon Puzzle League.
And you can't because...? I mean, project 64 is a thing.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

He's blind.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

While it's not at all far fetched that one would have signatures turned off and thus be unable to see the disclaimer in my signature, I thought my vision loss was common knowledge among the older members by now. I guess Tobi's post proves me wrong on that count. I'd definitely be seeing whether one of the Pandora's emulators can handle Pokemon Puzzle League if I had enough sight to play the game.

Panel de Pon is easily my favorite of the match 3 genre of puzzle game, and Pokemon Puzzle League is easily my favorite incarnation of Pandel De Pon(GB Tetris Attack being my second), partially out of Nostalgia for the anime's Golden Age, and partially due to it being the only installment(as far as I know) to include 3D mode.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

Well, I don't have signatures turned off but I suppose I don't really bother to read everyone's signatures, so I apologize for that.