Pokemon S&M General - Hot Lizard Edition

The Pokémon board, because of popular demand! Gotta catch 'em all!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: Actually more of a Gadfly

Pokemon S&M General - Hot Lizard Edition

Post by Goat »

What is the secret of the spectrum?

For the sake of not having names sound like 5 second romhack titles, I honestly hope this is just the working title for the game. There's a good chance it isn't but time will tell.

With that said, the next pokemon title is all but guaranteed to be announced this year with the recent announcement of Magiana. Could the Pokemon Company really, REALLY, be insane enough to do the unthinkable and stuff as many regions into one game? It would go hand in hand with the idea of "Rainbow", and since Kalos's Electric Boogaloo has yet to be revealed they might just stuff this on top of it all as well.
Last edited by Goat on Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:47 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Re: Pokemon Rainbow Speculation Thread

Post by Crash32 »

A Pokemon Nintendo Direct is right around the corner and will announce the latest games!
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

My personal belief is that a Pokemon game going to all regions should be saved for the last game (ever.)
That being said, the end of Pokemon doesn't seem to be any time soon, so 20th anniversary is as good a time as any other land mark anniversary.

I worry that going to all regions though would reduce the level of detail in all of them to an unpleasant point. But if handled well, it could be so amazing.

More Kalos would make the most sense, but I agree, the name Rainbow (if it were a main series game) is pretty telling that it will be a bigger hoopla than just Z. (Not to be confused with a bigger Hoopa.)
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Mamkute wrote:is pretty telling that it will be a bigger hoopla than just Z. (Not to be confused with a bigger Hoopa.)
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Glad to know that exists.

The pun was too much temptation to resist.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

If it has all of the regions, it should be on the Wii U/NX ,because it gives them more freedom in area design. JUST SAYIN'. Also HD Hyper Beam.

Not that I expect that. I expect Pokemon Z. Then Pokemon Rainbow Version and Pokemon That-other-gradient-Adobe-Flash-gives-you-and-looks-like-this Version.
It's called Rainbow because they ran out of all the cool colors.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Maybe they're trying to go full MMORPG. I personally hope not, but it would be a logical evolution with how online features and player-player interactions have been promoted.

Personally, I'm more hoping that a name like rainbow, which really doesn't have any good counterparts, is an indication that G7 plans to finally ditch the paired version concept.

Still, a game that lets you explore the entirety of the known Pokemon world would be awesome if pulled off properly. The real challenge would be figuring out how to give the player incentive to explore every region besides dex completion that doesn't render everything past the first region a relative cakewalk. I mean, as completely mind-blowing as GS was when it first came out, one of its weaknesses was how the inclusion of Kanto affected the difficulty curve(RGBY Blue's Champion Battle team topped out at level 62, GS Lance's Champion Battle Team topped out at a mere level 50). Fortunately, I doubt technical limitations will lead to a repeat of the gutting Kanto recieved in GSC if they did a game with all regions.

Though, since there are seven traditionally named colors in the rainbow, if Rainbow is one half of G7's paired versions, perhaps the other title will reference something else divided into seven. The musical scale has seven notes in an octave, so maybe the other paired version for G7 will be Do Re Mi. Or maybe they'll go with Prism since that's used to make rainbows and sounds a bit less technical than spectrum.
Gaon
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Gaon »

Apparently there's leaks suggesting Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon which have been trademarked so far.
Midnite
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: ミ☆

Post by Midnite »

- space for rent -
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Sun, Moon, Rainbow....

Pokemon Cereal confirmed!

In anticipation of potential disappointment, please use the following reactionary image

Chaos the Light Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by Chaos the Light Chao »

Sun and Moon, huh?

Guess we're blasting off again.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

You know, Sun and Moon would be the perfect names for a game in which Teams Plasma and Rocket come into conflict with each other.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

So, IDK about Pokemon Rainbow, but...

Pokemon Sun and Moon are officially confirmed real. The Pokemon Direct has in fact announced it, and it will apparently be coming during the Holidays of this year (which is what I kinda expected). We even got a very small glimpse of a new bird Pokemon!

GEN 7 HYPE!
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

PFFFFF.

Sun and Moon.

Espeon's the "Sun" Pokemon, and Umbreon's the "Moon" Pokemon. Honestly, I'm just wondering how they're gonna get around that.

More importantly: We can transfer Pokemon from Red, Blue, and Yellow. Do you guys even know how many hurdles there are in that?
Spoiler:
Only two, if I remember correctly.

Problem 1: A Pokemon's IV's in RBY/GSC only went up to 15. In RSE, they upped the number to 31. Hmm. That's somewhat workable.

Problem 2: EVs in RBY/GSC were known as Stat Experience, and had no mutual cap, so you could max them all. And now they do share a cap. Of 510. And the individual cap is now 252
(Previously 255). Okay maybe...

The original max for each was: 65,535.

How do you even try to fix that!?
This means I can Missingno. the stuffing out of my Pokemon, and transfer them over to X/Y/beyond. Maybe we can transfer Missingno. itself.
(Fun fact: If you glitch your way into the Time Capsule, you can transfer Missingno. into Gold and Silver, and it turns into... A specified Gen 2 Pokemon? Yep. Everything normal.)

If you didn't know, Pokemon Red and Blue are riddled with glitches. Please attempt these. Especially the one with the man on the roof. Especially that one. It's the best one.
Last edited by chaoadventures on Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- - -
Ommy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Ommy »

Mega Esprock and Umtone confirmed

I'm curious how this generation will turn out. I'd love to see more celestial pokemon possibly, baring they're not all fairy types

There was a possible leak of the new pokemon, but I doubt it has any truth to it
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

That reminds me. Cresselia is the "Lunar" Pokemon. I think this means they've actually run out of species naming options. Unless...

Wait. Umbreon is the Moonlight Pokemon. Which means they could name (Insert Pokemon Moon mascot) the Moon Pokemon without problems.
I guess (Insert Pokemon Sun mascot) is probably going to be the Solar or Sunlight Pokemon though.

Still already having, three Moon based Pokemon and two Sun based ones, is kinda weird.

Also: Is there a ROM hack called Pokemon Sun or Moon? That sounds like something that someone probably made. With Fakemon. Just wondering.

- - -
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

Still already having, three Moon based Pokemon and two Sun based ones, is kinda weird.
ImageImageImage
Midnite
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: ミ☆

Post by Midnite »

chaoadventures wrote:That reminds me. Cresselia is the "Lunar" Pokemon. I think this means they've actually run out of species naming options.
There aren't any restrictions to the Pokemon category names. i.e. Donphan, Tyranitar, and Armaldo are all classified as Armor Pokemon.
- space for rent -
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

^Yes. I know. The name wouldn't be unique though, which is weird for a box legendary. Well, it bothers me at least.
Goat wrote: Image
Wait. What does Heliolisk have to do with the sun?

(Off-topic)(404th counted post. You done been errored.)

- - -
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Goat »

TFW No Pokemon Z

@chaoadventure
It's frills, it evolves with the sun stone, has solar power as an ability, and is based on the concept of solar energy
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

Oh hey, I might as well bring up something that adds to my previous post.

So, in the direct there was a new bird Pokemon shown for a split second:

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon5.jpg
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon6.jpg

Notice the details, and the color scheme in the second picture.

Now, take a look at this:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... onTree.jpg

This is a Pileated Woodpecker. I think this may be what the new Pokemon is based off of! They have the same colors, same crest, and even the same feet. (Woodpeckers have two toes in front, two in back. Just like this Pokemon.) This particular Woodpecker is found in Canada and the Eastern U.S., and apparently some parts of the Pacific Coast as well. So, this makes me wonder if one of these areas will be the main real-life inspiration for whatever new Region we get in the game...
What is my life anymore?
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

^ Very interesting. It's like when they showed Furfrou by accident when Pokemon X and Y were announced.
Goat wrote:Image
chaoadventures wrote:That reminds me.
Zygarde, also has unused forms that were announced. Even if they won't make Pokemon Z, I don't think they'd just forget those extra forms.

What are they planning?

WAIT WAIT WAIT.

That narrator guy in the video. He said all of the main Pokemon games. Then he said "It all comes together" how could they come together? I mean, it could mean that every Pokemon is obtainable but still.
Or: Every region from every previous game? Or it's just that the Pokemon World Tournament is coming back. Eh.

Oh, and I found this:
I knew fakemon were involved in this. (This is also a real game. And Robopon Moon and Star never made it out of Japan.)

- - -
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Re:

Plus, Helios was the personification of the Sun in Greek mythology, and Helio is a common root used in words describing things associated with the sun.

Besides, when have box legends ever been explicitly associated with their game's title?
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

Oh yeah, I know about Robopon Sun, Moon, and Star. I was actually wondering if someone would make a joke about that... It's almost as if Pokemon is ripping off of its rip-offs.

Also, apparently GameXplain on Youtube also came to the Woodpecker conclusion about the bird Pokemon in their Pokemon Sun and Moon Reveal Analysis video.

Anyway... Am I the only one who isn't that surprised about there being no Pokemon Z? I mean, ever since we got Black2 and White2 instead of something like Pokemon Gray, I felt like maybe they were going to stop making "third versions". And sure enough, here we are with X, Y, but no Z (or X2/Y2 for that matter).
What is my life anymore?
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Considering that the anime just became Pokemon XY&Z, not getting Pokemon Z Version would be very bizarre indeed.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD