Looking for DPPt Text Dump.

The Pokémon board, because of popular demand! Gotta catch 'em all!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Looking for DPPt Text Dump.

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Okay, I've done countless Google searches trying to either find a text dump of the gen 4 games or the tools to make my own text dump. I've found text dumps or game scripts for pretty much every other generation, and I've gotten as far as extracting a Platinum rom and locating the narc file that contains the game text, but I've been unable to find any pre-existing dumps and every tool that might help me progress in making my own is either Windows-only, requires the use of a GUI, or refuses to run on my machine.

I'm really only curious about the dialog of one specific NPC trainer(namely Pokekid Meghan from Sunnyshore Gym), but figured a text dump would be easier to find and would come in handy if I ever had similar curiosity, not that that's helped me, and while I never got rid of my copies of Pearl and Platinum, playing through the game to find out what she says isn't an option given my blindness.

So, could anyone help me in either locating a text dump/game script for Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum, extracting text myself, or just tell me what this specific NPC says(even just what she says if you talk to her after beating Vokner would be more than I've been able to obtain on my own).
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Re: Looking for DPPt Text Dump.

Post by Ivogoji »

Here's a text dump of Platinum.

If you talk to her after the fight she says "I dress this way so I can get a feel for how electric Pokemon think. Would you like to try, too?"

I could try looking up a let's play vid to see what the rest of her dialogue is like since navigating the text dump is irksome.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

alright we both know what you want this for if you just admit it and come with the police we can get this all over with pretty painlessly
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Thanks for the help, Ivo. I've tried serching for several phrases from that quote after downloading the text dump, thinking the rest of Meghan's dialogue would be near, but haven't any luck so far. Of course, with a novel's worth of text and multiple escape sequences preventing the text from being clean, it's hard to confirm whether the dump is incomplete or the formating is screwing with my searches.

Hadn't thought of Let's plays, probably because it would only be helpful if the person doing the video reads all the on screen text, but maybe I'll try to find such a verbose let's player.