Chao Race (SA/SA:DX)

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 12 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Steel the Enchilada
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Location: We'll be destroyed, I feel annoyed... not overjoyed...... but maybe I'm just paranoid.... PEACE

Chao Race (SA/SA:DX)

Post by Steel the Enchilada »

This is the guide to Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure DX Chao races. Descriptions, maps, and much more are included!

Note: If anyone could be kind enough, I require a picture of the Chao Race map overview, without any chao on it. Any size will do, as long as it's under 100 pixel high and wide, above 10 pixels high and wide, and has no chao on it whatsoever.
Overview: Chao races in SA are different fomr SA2. First off, instead of a map, there are ranks on the side to show which Chao is where. Your chao is always the circle with 1 in it. Second, instead of focusing on one chao, the camera will switch to different Chao periodically. Usually, it will switch to the Chao in last place. If you press "A" after it switches, you will cheer the Chao on, and they will get a small speed boost!
The stamina bar is also missing, so you have to hope your chao has high enough stamina to survive the races.

Beginner: This is the first section open. Here you will race on one of four courses. Win all four races, and Jewel Race section will be unlocked.

Jewel: This is the advanced section, and is unlocked by beating all Beginner chao races in SA:DX, while in Sonic adventure, it's already there. The chao become stronger, faster, and better swimmers, not to mention better fliers, and Chacron also makes an appearance.

Party: Here you can take on your friends and their chao! See who's the better Chao raiser!

Courses:

Pearl course:

Description: This race is fairly simple, and Chao with high power levels prevail. The course is simply pushing a Beach Ball down the lane until the end of said lane is reached. After the end is reached, the Chao must race to the finish line, marked by the bar inbetween the rock and grass/dirt patterns.

Map: Coming soon!

Amethyst course:

Description: This race is one of the longest, and chao that can fly have a slight advantage. The chao begin in the same spot as Pearl races, and they have to run to the location of the beginning mark of the Sapphire course. There are two parts in which your chao can fly: The first is right after the beginning length of straightaway, where you chao can either continue on the direct path, or fly into the river and swim. The second is at the end of the first, direct path, where the chao fly off the bridge, onto the next part of the race. This race is also good for stron swim chao, due to the lake part.

Sapphire course:

Description: This race starts at the same location where the Amethyst course ended, and involves running a straightaway, climbing a wall, running a long turn, and flying into the lake below. This is an all-around course, due to the wall (power), straightaway and curve (run), jump into the lake (fly), and the lake itself (swim). Any chao can win this race, as long as they have good stats.

Ruby course:

Description: This course starts on a small stand in the big lake section, near the end of the full course itself. Chao who can swim well can win this race easily, due to that is all this race is.

Spoiler:
Emerald course:

Description: This course is the only unlockable course, and is unlocked when all 4 other courses are beaten. This course is the biggest in the game, and takes up the whole course itself, aside form the Ruby course starting point. The chao begin at the Pearl and Ammethyst course beginning parts, and involves pushing the beach balls seen in the Pearl course. After the end of the lane, the chao go up to the new trees, shake them, and eat the fruit that falls out of it. The chao then proceed the length of the other three courses, until finally reaching the end point of the Ruby and Sapphire courses.

Miscellaneous:

A chao with a high enough fly can skip right over the section that is split into the swimming and running segments, if they take the swimming route. They fly so high and far that they land right near where the Amethyst course ends and the Sapphire course begins.

If the jewel courses are beaten, one emblem is obtained for each course, but that doesn't mean the race is over! Play the races again, and you will notice that the chao are all gold and silver! They also become harder to beat, but if you do beat them, play the race AGAIN, and Chacron will be in the race as well!

Chacron sits at the beginning line for around ten seconds, but when he takes off, he goes as fast as a Level 99 Run chao, sometimes even faster! You could say that Chacron is the "Ultimate chao".

If fly is high enough, at the section where the chao jump off the cliff and into the lake, the chao might sometimes land on the beginning section of the Ruby course!
Last edited by Steel the Enchilada on Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Re: Chao Race (SA/SA:DX)

Post by Speeps »

You haven't played SA, have you? I can tell that from the fact you didn't say Jewel Races were already there in SA

As you can already see, the races lobby is much different in SA than in SADX.

Press the button in the centre of the room and you are presented with this screen:
You are able to choose between Jewel, Beginner and Multi-Entry.

Now you are able to choose your course, below you will see the races' records, the Jewels and their course is listed below
  • Sphere - Pearl Course
  • Triangle - Athmyst Course
  • Square - Sapphire Course
  • Diamond - Ruby Course
You will now be presented with the selection of the Garden your Racing Chao is located.

Now you can select one of your Chao, if the type of race is Multi-Entry, you are able to select up to 8 Chao.

Finally! The race!

Unlike SADX, you can pause in SA's racing.
Steel the Enchilada
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Location: We'll be destroyed, I feel annoyed... not overjoyed...... but maybe I'm just paranoid.... PEACE

Well, shows how much I know about DreamCast versions. XP

I'll correct that as soon as possible.
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

Steel the Enchilada wrote:Chacron sits at the beginning line for around ten seconds, but when he takes off, he goes as fast as a Level 99 Run chao, sometimes even faster! You could say that Chacron is the "Ultimate chao".
I remember racing with Torro's all 999 stat Chao COCONUT against chacron.
He chilled out at the start of the race, but although he is fast, he's no match for a 999 Chao such as COCONUT who didn't even break a sweat
Chacron didn't even get near
:cool:
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
MoonMintFox
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by MoonMintFox »

I think in SADX (correct me if I'm wrong) that whenever you enter a chao in the race, it's always no.1.
(22:21:58) Linds_269: Someone beat Amy's vagina count
(22:22:02) Linds_269: hurry
avatar by CHOCO uwu ty New account is Ravenyte. :>
Steel the Enchilada
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Steel the Enchilada wrote: First off, instead of a map, there are ranks on the side to show which Chao is where. Your chao is always the circle with 1 in it.
Already covered.
MoonMintFox
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by MoonMintFox »

Ah, okay. If I get the chance, I'll go in the garden first with another character (such as Tails or Amy) and I'll see if that affects your number.
Steel the Enchilada
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

No, it doesn't. Maybe I should put that.

Also, when cheering, the voice heard will be different depending on what number entry the chao is.

1 = Sonic
2 = Tails
3 = Knuckles
4 = Amy
5 = E-102
6 = Big
7 = Instrument 1
8 = Instrument 2
MoonMintFox
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by MoonMintFox »

That's what I meant. >>;

Like Amy would end up with 4, Tails 2, ect.

I sort of wish it was like that.
qwerty79
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by qwerty79 »

also in the dc version: Chaclon (I think that's what he's called early on) races you in the beginner races after you beat emerald jewel. his stats are maxed out

if your stats are all 900-998, you race the silver chao group in the beginner races. their stats will be similar to yours.

if your chao is maxed out (999 in all stats), you race the gold group in the beginner races. they're like chaclon, but they don't wait to win.

chaclon can mix with either group, but he's guarenteed a last place position against the gold group.

the beginner races get harder as your stats improve. (obviously)

multi-entry races are the same as beginner races because any chao left over will match the best chao stats. (Example: If chao A, B, and C enter a race together, and chao A is the best overall, then the CPU chao [chao D, E, F, G, and H] would match chao A's stats, so you could face chaclon and the gold and silver groups in multi-entry.)

if any of this applies to SADX, i wouldn't know.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

This is good information. I have something to add for SADX. The silver chao seem to only show up if the total of your Swim, Fly, Run and Power stats is over 6750. The gold chao seem to only show up if each of the Swim, Fly, Run, and Power stats are greater than or equal to 1900. I tested this on the PC version.
someperson
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by someperson »

I'm not sure because it has been years, but I think Chaclon's waiting time is dependant on how long it takes for the lead chao to get to a specific location in the course. I mean like in Emerald course for example, he won't move until someone crosses the finish line for the Amethest course.
Check out my personal little site in my profile.