[SA2/SA2B] Leave Gardens

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

[SA2/SA2B] Leave Gardens

Post by Drouge »

EDIT: 12/5/2015 Since this thread is linked to from the main site, I figure I should outline the steps for leaving every garden.
Also, hi Archie.

I'm pretty sure these have all been fixed as of the Steam release. I at least can't seem to recreate them, but you might have better luck. They all work on the Gamecube release.

Chao/Normal Garden:
  • Select either Sonic or Shadow
  • Go to the far end of the garden, in the rocky area with the large plant.
  • Use the homing attack repeatedly on this corner:
  • You should escape the garden, at least on the Gamecube. Sonic/Shadow should look like he's perpetually falling, and the camera should be stuck inside the garden. To get it unstuck, move beyond the sky texture; but be aware this makes all your chao clip through the ground and start swimming/drowning in it.
Dark Garden:
  • Pick a character, any character, and walk up to the Chao Transporter.
  • Walk directly into the invisible wall behind it.
  • Walk VERY VERY SLOWLY, just barely move your character, they should slide along the edge of the invisible wall.
  • After a time, you'll move very quickly and end up directly behind the transporter. Make sure to stop moving as soon as this happens, because you can walk back out pretty easily.
  • Jump into the stone wall behind you, and you should go right through it, with the same effects as the regular garden.
Hero Garden, credit to Killerbomb on Youtube for this one. The video provides a visual, but the steps are as follows:
  • Start as Sonic or Shadow, and go around to the right-hand side of the pillar behind the Chao Transporter, were you to be facing it from the center of the garden.
  • Run directly into the pillar as fast as you can and wait for the camera to stop moving. It looks vaguely like it's settling into a spot.
  • Once it's settled, jump up and homing attack forward into the pillar and you should escape the boundaries.
Last edited by Drouge on Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dying4Satan
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Re: [SA2/SA2B] Leave Dark Garden

Post by Dying4Satan »

B) why would you ever want to leave dark garden?? hahaha :darkcry:

cool trick
The Shadic Chao
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao
Motto: If you've been stabbed, then someone probably hates you
Location: In the chao garden, stopping my baby chao from going in the water

Post by The Shadic Chao »

Dying4Satan wrote:why would you ever want to leave dark garden??
'Cause you might just feel like it?
teh steamz
LEVEL 42 FISH: im not fish my name is russel jimmies
Crash the Spooky Scary Skeleton: are you a monkey by any chance?
LEVEL 42 FISH: no i am a fish
Steel the Enchilada
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Location: We'll be destroyed, I feel annoyed... not overjoyed...... but maybe I'm just paranoid.... PEACE

Post by Steel the Enchilada »

I'm pretty sure this doesn't contribute anything. I for one have known this for a while, and it's also possible in the Chao Garden, as well as the Hero Garden (Through AR/hacks).
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

This will be useful for a glitches page on the main website. If it's possible in any of the other gardens without hacking, could you please provide instructions?
Mel Mel
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a

Post by Mel Mel »

I know the Neutral Garden one!
(12:15:40) Tobi: no, mel only owns young children
(12:15:46) Tobi: in his basement
(12:15:47) Tobi: i mean what

(17:44:45) Dr._Roivas: eevee.......just like......
(17:44:48) Dr._Roivas: what even are you??????
Renaethecat
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Renaethecat »

^ Almost everyone does. ;)

Leaving the Neutral Garden (SA2B):
  • Choose either Sonic or Shadow as your character (Only they can do it), and enter the Neutral Chao Garden.
  • Find the area by the stone ledges. You are looking for a flat stone platform with a plant in the corner, next to a rather tall stone ledge.
  • Use your homing attack (A+A) on the invisible wall by the corner of the stone platform multiple times in a row.
  • With luck, you should slip through the wall and go off of the island. Sonic/Shadow (depending on which character you pick) will appear to be stuck in a falling animation in mid-air, but if you move the control stick, you will find that you are able to move around, still.
  • You can then move through the posted background (The blue sky with clouds) into a black void. If you do this, you will promptly hear a noise of (a) Chao falling into the water. If you fly back through the wall, and onto (Or under, if you enter at the right place) the island again, you will find that your Chao appear to be stuck, drowning underground! You can easily get them out of the ground by leaving the garden, or waiting for them to enter the pool and climb out themselves. Although, if you want to, you can set an item (Or a fruit/nut) near the Chao's shadow (Which is displayed aboveground) and attempt to pick the Chao up out of the ground. (Yes it is possible- I've done it.) It's preferable that you are able to see part of your Chao's head when you try to pick it up. This means that the Chao must be near the lower, flatter part of the ground, in order to successfully retrieve them from under the ground.
Details, details. :heroblink:
Steel the Enchilada
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Location: We'll be destroyed, I feel annoyed... not overjoyed...... but maybe I'm just paranoid.... PEACE

Post by Steel the Enchilada »

Since this has detirierated into a glitches topic, let me go over the Animal glitch again.
Aaahhh I don't know how to make those bullet thingies
  • Go to any level on SA, SA2, SA2:B, or SA:DX.
    Retrieve the animal you would like to do this glitch with.
    Exit the level in any way you please.
    Go to any Chao Garden containing the Chao you would like to perform this glitch on.
    Walk up to the Chao.
    (optional) Pet the chao so it won't move before you perform the glitch.
    Pick up the animal.
    Make sure there is at least enough space for another chao to fit inbetween you.
    Put the animal down.
    The chao should perform the "stat dance", but not touch the animal.
    The animal should bounce away (literally).
    Repeat.
Xeno
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Xeno »

Steel the Enchilada wrote:I'm pretty sure this doesn't contribute anything. I for one have known this for a while, and it's also possible in the Chao Garden, as well as the Hero Garden (Through AR/hacks).
It can be performed without using a cheating device or hacking.

Hero Garden "Out-of-Bounds Glitch":
  1. Align Sonic adjacent to the sloped surface to the left of the entrance.
  2. Instantaneously gain speed and halt. Repeat multiple times (if necessary).
  3. If the above instruction does not yield success, running against the invisible obstruction and shifting the Analog or Control Stick on the Dreamcast or GameCube controller in different directions, then proceeding to cease controller functions temporarily, shall do the following steps.
  4. Sonic will be in an idle animation, but will slowly drift through the encompassed invisible obstruction.
  5. Sonic will then pass through the detection plane, and be suspended in a continuous falling animation.
Last edited by Xeno on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:04 am, edited 7 times in total.
“Life’s not cruel until you put the game controller down.”

This is a little philosophical gem that I said when I was insanely tired.
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

I believe I've tried numerous things in my time to find glitches in the Dreamcast gardens but was never able to find anything. I'll re-try the ones mentioned above though to see if they are Gamecube only.
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
Ck.
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Ck. »

The Dark garden and the neutral graden ones work on the gamecube. You have to be able to spindash (SA2) to do the hero one.
Current Build:
MSI 760GM-P23FX
AMD FX 6300 @ 3.8Ghz
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO Heat Sink
GSkill Ripjaw 8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
2xSeaGate Barracuda 500GB HDD @ 7200RPM
Sapphire Radeon 7770 GHz Edition GPU
Xeno
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Xeno »

It can be performed on both versions; regardless of the Spin Dash technique.
“Life’s not cruel until you put the game controller down.”

This is a little philosophical gem that I said when I was insanely tired.
Metalsonic3
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Re: [SA2/SA2B] Leave Gardens

Post by Metalsonic3 »

I found out how to leave neutral garden as Tails in SA2B. Also seemed to work with Sonic and Shadow, but not with Rouge, Knuckles, or Eggman. Though I might be wrong, I didn't try too many times :P

1. Basically, go by the waterfall, left side of it.
2. Place a chao (items might work sometime too, though not usually) on the second highest ledge you can get on. Tired chao works the best for it won't try to walk away.
3. Make sure your chao is not too near to the edge of this area. It should be somewhat centered on the ledge.
4. Get on the third highest legde yourself, the ledge below your current one.
5. Face towards the chao and fidget Tails around some so that you get "Pick" to appear, or just keep tapping B button. If "Pick" doesn't appear, move the chao slightly more towards the edge.
6.1. If done currectly, Tails will no-clip through the cliff and falls downwards. Keep pressing forward and voila! Tails is out of neutral garden!
6.2 If not done currectly, Tails will pick up the chao. Place the chao back to it's spot and try again.

I can get a video up sometime if needed, though I'll only have webcam to capture with it. :3
gnsquared
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by gnsquared »

Theres a much simpler way to leave the hero garden in the Dreamcast version (though fewer people play this one).

Just go to the same spot described in a previous post, the slopped grass near the entrance, and let Sonic slide until he hits an invisible wall. Now Spin Dash. You're free!

This doesn't work on the GameCube version because they disabled the Spin Dash in the Chao Gardens.
madlyrobel111
Egg
Egg

Post by madlyrobel111 »

its so hard to do i tried it alot :herocool: :cool: :darkcool:
Sonicheart
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Sonicheart »

This sounds intresting, and I'll have to try it myself, but what exactly is the point of this?
Crystal_Talian
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Crystal_Talian »

^
Nothing.
It's just fun to be out-of-bounds.
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

I did this and my game crashed.
eboy's seme
wacko the chao
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by wacko the chao »

It is possible to go out of bounds in the hero garden in the dreamcast version. What you do is you pick either sonic or shadow and go to the garden, there will be a slope of sorts where if you stand your character will move downwards. While moving downwards on the slope, charge the spindash but don't release. You will be barely on the edge of the garden. Press "A" to do a homing attack. If done correctly, you will be out of bounds. (Doesn't work on gamecube version.)
chaoko279
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by chaoko279 »

:herosurprise: for reusable animal glitch:If you go to the hero garden and place your chao next to the fallen pillar your chao if it tries to move will think it hit a wall making it keep in place you can get it off by picking your chao up but this is very useful for the reusable animal glitch :herosway:
Hero
Egg
Egg

Post by Hero »

If you go to far past the black and pueple part, you'll see the edge of the world its blue and black :darksurprise:

:wink: :dark: :darkangry: To change animation in dark garden leave, Bounce. :darksurprise:
Last edited by Speeps on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't double post ~JmTsHaW~
I love Hero chao :chaosway:
BlueYoshi64
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by BlueYoshi64 »

I thought leaving the Chao Gardens was only possible in the Dreamcast version of SA2 because in these Gardens you could use attacks. Never heard of being possible to leave/escape the Gardens in SADX.
And i think i found a glitch: Your Chao can get "stuck" in the Hero Garden if you put it infront of a fallen pillar. And it seems like the same happens with the gravestones in the Dark Garden! I don't know if you can make your Chao get "stuck" in the normal Garden.
medoli900
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by medoli900 »

In the ps3 version of SA2B,it seems that the homming attack technique to no-clip in neutral garden is patched.But i didn't know the other,so i will test them.
SA2HD ps3 ranked in almost all level! Gosh,even in canon core!Rank 33 in route 101 0_0 (puting ZERO to HERO from Hercule)
I received a beautiful deep blue and black 3DS XL! *_*
seanoeoe
Egg
Egg

Post by seanoeoe »

Drouge wrote:You can do this as any character, including Robotnik.
  • Pick a character, any character, and go to the Dark Garden
  • Find the Chao transporter (The large Gameboy Advance)
  • Walk into the invisible wall behind it, perpendicular to it. (Perpendicular is when 2 lines meet, making a right angle, the lines of a T are perpendicular)
  • Walk VERY VERY SLOWLY, just barely move your character, they should seem to slide along the edge of the invisible wall.
  • You should seem to move very quickly all of the sudden, and go directly behind the Transporter. STOP MOVING VERY QUICKLY, you can walk back out from behind it, and have to start all over.
  • Jump into the stone wall behind you, and you should go right through it.
:stomp: is the chao transporter the evil goodbye mechan that gets rid of your chaos
Soap
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Soap »

seanoeoe wrote:
Drouge wrote:You can do this as any character, including Robotnik.
  • Pick a character, any character, and go to the Dark Garden
  • Find the Chao transporter (The large Gameboy Advance)
  • Walk into the invisible wall behind it, perpendicular to it. (Perpendicular is when 2 lines meet, making a right angle, the lines of a T are perpendicular)
  • Walk VERY VERY SLOWLY, just barely move your character, they should seem to slide along the edge of the invisible wall.
  • You should seem to move very quickly all of the sudden, and go directly behind the Transporter. STOP MOVING VERY QUICKLY, you can walk back out from behind it, and have to start all over.
  • Jump into the stone wall behind you, and you should go right through it.
:stomp: is the chao transporter the evil goodbye mechan that gets rid of your chaos
Lol yes it is. But it's not "evil". It can also move chao between memory cards and, more importantly, transport them between GBA and the main gardens (or go through some super cool "Chao Adventure" in the Dreamcast version, something I can only wish were on the Gamecube and the newly released PC versions).