[SADX & SA2B] First evolution and gradual evolution.

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chocolatethestarchao
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Re: [SADX & SA2B] First evolution and gradual evolution.

Post by Chocolatethestarchao »

Also, does the Chao Fruit up all stats equally?
Star chao are awesome.
CHeck my rp, http://thechaogarden.webstarts.com/index.html
Want to bring back chao? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4b-ctf1xSk
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Yes, it raises all the main stats equally.
  • Each of the first three bites of a Chao Fruit increase the Swim, Fly, Run, Power, and Stamina bars by 12%.
  • The last bite of a Chao Fruit increases the Swim, Fly, Run, Power, and Stamina bars by 14%.
  • Chao Fruit does not increase Intelligence or Luck at all.
SontronChaosChao
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by SontronChaosChao »

Sorry if this was already asked, but is it possible that raising a chao to much in a specific type (run, swim, run, fly) would cause it to evolve into something different? Because one time, I was giving a chao ONLY power animals in SADX, and after it reached level 14 (I understand the lack of importance of stats) it INSTANTLY changed into a flying chao. And this is before the first (the cocooned) evolution. I did NOT give it anything but power animals for its whole life, so I was wondering if it was possible to max out then restart the sliders. i gave it nothing that would increase its fly (I only gave it elephants). Do you have an explanation?
DM me if you remember me from way back when, I'd love to get back in touch. It's easiest to reach me through discord (in my profile), but if you PM me here I should get an email letting me know to check :)
Hikafire
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Hikafire »

Think the easiest chao to make is sonic a shadow which u can do without hacking
Hero of Purest Purple (Color Code: BF00FF)
SontronChaosChao
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

does anybody have an answer to my question?
DM me if you remember me from way back when, I'd love to get back in touch. It's easiest to reach me through discord (in my profile), but if you PM me here I should get an email letting me know to check :)
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

A thought occurs:

Since second evolution only has a gradual phase and no cocoon, is it also lacking in permanence?

For example, you have a pure and complete N/R/R at maximum evolution strength and start giving it Yellow drives. Would this result in a gradual change to N/R/R-S or is there a point at which the Chao will remain N/R/R until it dies or reincarnates?
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

SontronChaosChao wrote:Sorry if this was already asked, but is it possible that raising a chao to much in a specific type (run, swim, run, fly) would cause it to evolve into something different?
No, I don't believe so. I have seen nothing to suggest that this could ever happen.
SontronChaosChao wrote:Do you have an explanation?
I think you might have made a mistake.
Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:For example, you have a pure and complete N/R/R at maximum evolution strength and start giving it Yellow drives. Would this result in a gradual change to N/R/R-S or is there a point at which the Chao will remain N/R/R until it dies or reincarnates?
Second evolution can always be changed in Sonic Adventure DX. I believe it works the same way in the other games. This is why I like to group it together with the gradual evolution that a child chao goes through: the two work in almost exactly the same way, with the only difference being the speed at which the changes occur.
SontronChaosChao
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

I highly doubt tat I made a mistake. As I said, I gave it nothing but elephants And even if I did give it something else, it would have had to have been just one animal that reversed the slider to become a flying chao while the power slider was at max.
Chocolatethestarchao
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Maybe you glitched your game?
Fusion wrote: ...Second evolution can always be changed in Sonic Adventure DX. I believe it works the same way in the other games. ....
I thought second evolution only worked when the chao was 3 or 4 and wouldn't change after that
Star chao are awesome.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Second evolution works as soon as the chao has evolved; it is difficult to notice, but you can see the changes if you look very closely. As the chao ages, the second evolution becomes increasingly more visible. You can always change the second evolution.
Chocolatethestarchao
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

The page on Second evolution says that you have to raise its stats when it's either two or three.

I remember that I tried to make my D/R chao who was 4 into a shadow chao but it didn't work.
Star chao are awesome.
Hikafire
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Hikafire »

Ya I have the first form of a sonic chao and it was brought up to lv 99 in run but it wasn't until earlier until I found that it will not have an second evolution cause it will not tell things like age in dx but in sab2 they do. So what one should do is wait at least 6 hrs until trying second evolution. :darkblink:
Hero of Purest Purple (Color Code: BF00FF)
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

I just recorded a short video to show that you can change the second evolution of a chao in Sonic Adventure DX. In the video, I take a very old chao which has fully evolved into a Neutral/Run/Run; I then manage to change it into a Neutral/Run/Run+Fly and then into a Neutral/Run/Power+Fly before it dies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02qBCxcpLnI

It is possible that Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle) works differently, but I doubt it.
Chocolatethestarchao
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

I think it does. My brother has a H/R/F chao and it hasn't changed lookes even though he's giving it a variety of animals and drives. not to mention my shadow chao failed attempt.

Also, I think I saw someone somwhere sya that chaos chao can have second evolutions? :thinking:
Star chao are awesome.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Mr. Fusion, how much does 1 pet from a character alter the alignment slider? Is it any less than the last bite of a hero/dark fruit, or is it equal?
Tayrtahn
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Tayrtahn »

Mamkute wrote:Mr. Fusion, how much does 1 pet from a character alter the alignment slider? Is it any less than the last bite of a hero/dark fruit, or is it equal?
Already answered in this thread:
Fusion wrote:The alignment value changes in steps of 0.05, unless you're using alignment fruit. This means it takes 20 steps to move from neutral to pure hero or pure dark.
Fusion wrote:
  • The last bite of a Dark Fruit subtracts 0.15 from the Alignment slider.
  • The last bite of a Hero Fruit adds 0.15 to the Alignment slider.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Okay. Sorry for that then. I looked through the thread trying not to do that, but my looking skills have failed me. Thank you Mr. Tayrtahn.
Shining Chaos Chao
VIP
VIP
Motto: beer, sleep, game, repeat.

Post by Shining Chaos Chao »

I'd just like to point out that I was in the SA2B garden the other day with a fully Neut/Run/Run chao, and wanted to make it /Power... and it took 40 - not 20 - red drives to bring it to N/R/N, then a further 40 to put it to N/R/P

I've since tried with another chao.

It seems drives have half the effect of animals.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Thanks. I can confirm that Chaos Drives influence chao half as much as animals do. They adjust the sliders by 0.05 for a child chao, and 0.025 for an adult chao. I've updated the first post in this thread accordingly.
HackedGlitch
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by HackedGlitch »

Fusion wrote:Thanks. I can confirm that Chaos Drives influence chao half as much as animals do. They adjust the sliders by 0.05 for a child chao, and 0.025 for an adult chao. I've updated the first post in this thread accordingly.
Just thought I should let you know, http://chao.tehfusion.co.uk/evolution-demo/ isn't updated to reflect the chaos driver's half effect. On the program, animals and drivers have the same effect (.1 for child, and .05 for adult). Will you ever fix it or have you just not had the time/gotten around to it? I'm posting here to let you know, since there isn't a "contact us" on your site.

Useful tool though. Really helped me.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

I'm glad you've found it useful. Thanks for pointing out that it needs to be updated; I have now corrected it.
HackedGlitch
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by HackedGlitch »

Fusion wrote:I'm glad you've found it useful. Thanks for pointing out that it needs to be updated; I have now corrected it.
Great news. Glad its updated, as I'm bound to use this again =P
Crystal_Talian
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Crystal_Talian »

I have a quick question, my apologies if it's already been asked and answered.
Wouldn't this information about the two sliders make what we a call, for example, a "Run/Fly" chao in actuality a "Run/Fly-Normal" chao? I mean, for a chao to look like the main website's picture of a "Run/Fly" the swim-fly slider would have to be set at "Fly" and the run-power slider at "normal", correct?
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Hmm. That thoght had not really occured to me, and my answers at best can only be guesses, as I do not run this site and/or decide how things are phrased. However, I do have guesses. I believe that, although that is technically true, that it is more or less a redundency. I believe just for simplicity that they "+normal" is just cut out, similar to how, to put in math terms, all numbers are to the 1st power. 3 to the first is 3, but you just say 3. Or how 3 could be written as 1(3), but that is just unneceassary. Or in chemistry terms, how in water, it is H2(2 in subscript)O. These is 1 O, but the one is not written.
Crystal_Talian
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Crystal_Talian »

I merely asking because I thought the inclusion of "-normal" might help to stave off some of the "why doesn't my chao match the picture exactly" questions. I've been browsing and it seems like the answer is usually "it's been given too many X color drives, it needs X number of X color drives to counter balance."
I did figure it was implied, though. Ah, well. Never hurts to ask.