*Unofficial Bright Chao Database*

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Shadow22
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Re: *Unofficial Bright Chao Database*

Post by Shadow22 »

Love what you're doing here. I bred a bright chao a few days ago and become very curious of them. I'm glad to see they are being documented with quality pictures. I want a purple one :chaohappy:
Chaotastic
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Chaotastic »

I'm happy you like the pictures. All baby chao are finished and now starts the long and grueling process of first/second evolutions. Neutral and Hero chao have a lot of repetition across all bright chao colors, so I'm trying to decide if all of those are actually worth posting. xD
~ Light the world on fire, just to watch it burn. ~
Shadow22
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Shadow22 »

If every color looks the same with these bright chao then maybe it is a glitch after all?
peanut cravings
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by peanut cravings »

^good point
If my research is correct, 7 out of 10 times people will look at this
Noise Tank
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Noise Tank »

Do the black chao. Really interested in seeing. Really frustrating that I haven't seen a shiny black egg for sale despite being able to buy the regular black eggs.
Canpaw
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Motto: I just ate dinner for breakfast!

Post by Canpaw »

Well done, chaotastic. You did it much faster than i would've done it.

And The bright white(rhyme time) looks alot like the twotone white on some

and the first evolutions have different colors

thats good.
a
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Very good job Chaotastic.
I find the most interesting the Bright Normal Chao; they are displaying a very similar coloration to the respective Monotone Normal forms, although with highlights, their base color is closer to the MTN form than the base color of the Normal Chao.
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by Tsui »

Here are pictures of some of the Chaos Chao:

Light
Angel
Devil

I'm not sure if the normal color is supposed to look like that, or if I messed up somehow, so I'd ignore it, I guess.
Poseidon
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Poseidon »

I hatched a blue bright chao last night, and I have a few pictures I could contribute, quality permitting! I snapped a few pictures of it when it was a neutral/fly baby. It turned into a dark/fly type, so I could probs provide images for that one as well. I was kind of disappointed in myself because I had intended to keep it neutral/fly. :< Oh welllll. Currently going for dark/fly/power.

I was also sort of surprised that I got a blue bright chao rather than a normal one. I bred a shiny blue chao with a normal one and just sort of assumed that it'd be normal since I didn't breed the shiny blue one with a monotone one. I'm not very well-versed in all the different outcomes of chao breeding, so it caught me a lil bit off guard! I was excited about it, though, since the blue one looks pretty cool imo.
Gameboy Surgeon, M.D.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Normal is the only recessive color, so, assuming the shiny blue chao was pure/had no prior normal ancestry, the child could not have been a normal chao. The most likely would be bright blue.
Twiddle. wrote:I'm not sure if the normal color is supposed to look like that, or if I messed up somehow, so I'd ignore it, I guess.
Those look really cool, especially the Dark ones. But the normals looking like that actually makes a lot of sense, since, as I mentioned earlier, the bright normal chao look like Monotone Normal chao, and MTN chaos chao all look white, hence why it makes sense for normal bright chao to look like white bright chao.
Purple Inukshuk
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Purple Inukshuk »

Hey, I love this thread! I just bought a shiny chao an if I can, I'll contribute!
...Ni...
My DA: http://purple-inukshuk.deviantart.com/
My Tumblr (I'm quite new there): http://www.purpshuk.tumblr.com/
Chaotastic
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Chaotastic »

Thank you everyone. I've been quite busy lately but I will keep updating as much as I can.

@Twiddle. - I added your collages of bright Chaos chao, thanks a lot. They look great. Saves me a lot of work. :)
Noise Tank
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Noise Tank »

I bothered to get a black bright chao. I had to mate a monotone black chao with a bright chao, because mating with just a shiny wasn't working.

Anyways, it was really disappointing. I'm not even going to bother to upload the pictures I took since it's literally a white two-tone chao for the dark evo's, but with slightly lighter colors. This basically echo's what I was saying about the dark evo's of bright chao being the "true" blitz chao. After all, every other dark bright chao has icy highlights, and they're not actually bright. Calling them [color] blitz chao makes more sense to me.

Also, good job with those chaos chao, but they're kind of disappointing. I'd honestly rather have the regular shiny two-tones back.
Canpaw
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by Canpaw »

Chaotastic, are you still doing this? I will help on the white chao, i have a bright white right now,(triple rhyme time.)
a
Chaotastic
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Chaotastic »

Yeah, there will be more pics up sometime today.

@Noisetank - Calling them Blitz chao is unnecessary and would just confuse people even more. I was also disappointed with the shiny black chao, but I kinda figured it wouldn't be anything special. Being the rarest egg doesn't necessarily mean it will look the coolest.
Omelet
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Omelet »

I am in love with the D/S Red Bright Chao @_@
Mhhhmmm... I am tasty enough for you, anon-kun? *sizzle*
Poseidon
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao

Post by Poseidon »

I have some blue bright chao pictures to contribute, if you want them:
Neutral Swim. Bright white body with minty green and pale yellow accents.
Dark Fly. Pale blue with a slightly purple tone- This picture may or may not be useful because I forgot to take a picture before I started the process of its second evolution, so the jester spikes look a little bit off. The colors are the same, though!
Dark Fly/Power. The blue captured in this picture is a little darker than what is actually seen on screen- it's actually paler with a slightly purple tone.

I hope the quality is okay! I took the pictures from my tv, so they're not quite as clean as the screenshots.
Gameboy Surgeon, M.D.
Chaotastic
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Chaotastic »

Those aren't bad for pics from a TV. The Dark/Fly seems fine, don't worry about it. I'll take 'em! Thanks a lot.
Noise Tank
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Noise Tank »

w/e. still going to think of them as blitz chao since it makes sense.

Also, I already uploaded the dark blue chao evo's as well as the sky blue and green ones (excluding swim) if you read my first post...
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

Wow, those neutral chaos chao sure do look different from one another.

I was messing around with the chao editor and saw these and it freaked me out, I thought it was a glitch so I didn't touch them anymore. But its cool to know they were intended. (possibly?)

Anyway, I think the best route is to just screencap them all with the chao editor.
It'd be a nice edition to the site if we could get all of them.
If you ever need to talk, vent, or just want advice, you can always message me!
Chaotastic
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Chaotastic »

Until we have an official word from the developers, we won't know if they were intended or not. From purely observation, I'm leaning towards it wasn't intended. I can't think of any reason why they would change the appearance of shiny two-tones while leaving every other breed untouched. It just seems too random. Two-tones are known for how they gradually change in color, but bright chao do not undergo any changes in color during gradual evolution. The new visuals are fascinating I agree, but they feel unnecessary. There are many glitches in the HD versions and I wouldn't rule out bright chao being one of them.
SonicRainboom
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by SonicRainboom »

I love the bright Dark Chao. Do you think that the Bright chao could have originally been a new breed, but for some reason they just replaced them with the Shiny Two tones?
Canpaw
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by Canpaw »

Bright Gray Dark/fly has a purple tint(add that)
a
Chaotastic
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Chaotastic »

SonicRainboom wrote:I love the bright Dark Chao. Do you think that the Bright chao could have originally been a new breed, but for some reason they just replaced them with the Shiny Two tones?
I don't know what to think. Maybe someone can study SA2HD's code and find something out. We already know every possible breed from all existing chao. If they were intended to be a new breed, then they would have been introduced as a new egg in the black market or something. Bright chao don't behave anything like shiny two-tones, and they honestly have nothing in common except for how they are bred. I'm still leaning towards it's a glitch.

@Canpaw - Okay thanks. I updated it. Didn't really notice that before.
Chili P
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Chili P »

Here is a White Bright Neutral/Swim. http://i.imgur.com/N96bY.jpg
It's a brighter yellow than the normal bright.

I'd like to see what the hero evolutions look like for at least one of these bright chao.

Do you think they'll patch this soon?
:herocool: :surprise: :darkhappy: i love my chao