Rates Of How Many Times Chao Play Instruments and other stuf

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
SilverRabbit
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: We're going to the ark, so I guess that means we- crud

Rates Of How Many Times Chao Play Instruments and other stuf

Post by SilverRabbit »

So... I had three Chao and they were learning maracas and they played them every ten minutes.

Maybe this means if a Chao is really interested in an instrument they play them a lot.

The second time I taught Blobby and Custard how to Break Dance and only Custard did it once and Blobby didn't do it at all.

Maybe, just maybe, there's some hidden rates of what instrument they like to play.

Sorry if this has already been covered or anything.
Last edited by SilverRabbit on Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Weird person who likes cartoons, pink and video-games.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Re: Rates Of How Many Times Chao Play Instruments

Post by Snowy »

I think this is a great contribution, PL33. Just not one to go to the main page.
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Re: Rates Of How Many Times Chao Play Instruments and other

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

This depends on the chao's values, mostly boredom. If a chao is bored he/she is more likely to do an animal ability, play with a toy or play with an instrument
CatTreats
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by CatTreats »

ChaoGardenBuster wrote:This depends on the chao's values, mostly boredom. If a chao is bored he/she is more likely to do an animal ability, play with a toy or play with an instrument
The OP was suggesting that there's a specific instrument that a Chao might prefer to play more often than others.
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

The OP was suggesting that there's a specific instrument that a Chao might prefer to play more often than others.

I guess I have to go more into detail.

I was only responding to the "hidden rates of what instruments they like to play", but lets say (not saying this is true) the three chao that learned how to play the maracas where all bored at the time and the only instrument they had was the maracas so they played it often. With the 2 chao Blobby and Custard (again not saying this is true) Custard might of been bored for a little bit of time which caused him to break dance only once while Blobby was not bored at all and decided to do something else like walk around the garden (this depends on the chao's energy values).

Anyway, I can assure you that there is no values or rates for what instrument a chao would like to play as I do a lot of hacking/editing in the game I know this for a fact.
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that there is no factor at all, CGB. Regularly hacking doesn't make you fully aware of the entire prospects of the coding, as there were many details that remained in the dark initially back when Fusion was making his Chao Editor that were only uncovered by digging up other code projects that had been posted online or asking questions and just testing what was present. (I also wouldn't throw around regularly hacking as a bragging point, since based on the work you've presented, you've modded textures and racing. I would sooner assume someone like Mayo to be an authority on the actions Chao make, and DarkyBenji as our current resident "Master of Mods".)

What OP suggests is highly testable by the old-fashioned method of just trying something multiple times and writing down your results. No need to look at the code to confirm if enough experiments are conducted. We'd be looking for a functional answer, not a literal one. All you'd need is a group of Chao, treat them equally, and have them all take the same lessons, and then compare how often they use those skills. If they have a favorite out of the bunch, it would become apparent. But it is also possible that they are destined to have a specific favorite, so you'd have to make them take every lesson as to discover it. (Surprised "All-Skills" isn't included in bragging details about All S Chao.)

Obviously the more data you collect the more accurate the results. Like if you used a group of four Chao and had them learn eight skills, mapping out when they learned a skill and how often they used it after that point, you'd either see a clear pattern that once they learned something that they liked more they used it more often, or you may see that there is no consistency and they just choose at random.

I'd consider it a worthwhile test, since I doubt anyone has considered Chao having favorites beyond fruits and characters, so it is unlikely anyone has been looking for such variables.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Mayo
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: Hey hey! This is SapphireChao

Post by Mayo »

This would be interesting to test, although it seems more of a random factor when they feel like playing with something, which then a kindergarten ability would be randomly chosen when that "play mood"/"Boredom mood" is activated (similar goes when Chao decide to interact with toys in the garden which they happen to be nearby).

Not sure if this is just human perception, but Chao with one or two kindergarten skills tend to use them often, unless we just associate that one action with the Chao and easily forget our other Chao who use a variety of skills.
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Crazo3077 wrote:I wouldn't be so quick to assume that there is no factor at all, CGB. Regularly hacking doesn't make you fully aware of the entire prospects of the coding, as there were many details that remained in the dark initially back when Fusion was making his Chao Editor that were only uncovered by digging up other code projects that had been posted online or asking questions and just testing what was present. (I also wouldn't throw around regularly hacking as a bragging point, since based on the work you've presented, you've modded textures and racing. I would sooner assume someone like Mayo to be an authority on the actions Chao make, and DarkyBenji as our current resident "Master of Mods".)

What OP suggests is highly testable by the old-fashioned method of just trying something multiple times and writing down your results. No need to look at the code to confirm if enough experiments are conducted. We'd be looking for a functional answer, not a literal one. All you'd need is a group of Chao, treat them equally, and have them all take the same lessons, and then compare how often they use those skills. If they have a favorite out of the bunch, it would become apparent. But it is also possible that they are destined to have a specific favorite, so you'd have to make them take every lesson as to discover it. (Surprised "All-Skills" isn't included in bragging details about All S Chao.)

Obviously the more data you collect the more accurate the results. Like if you used a group of four Chao and had them learn eight skills, mapping out when they learned a skill and how often they used it after that point, you'd either see a clear pattern that once they learned something that they liked more they used it more often, or you may see that there is no consistency and they just choose at random.

I'd consider it a worthwhile test, since I doubt anyone has considered Chao having favorites beyond fruits and characters, so it is unlikely anyone has been looking for such variables.

Alright, alright. I guess your right, I should probably look things through first. But I wasn't really trying to brag, if it came off that way then sorry. Also, just because I've only presented texture mods and racing that doesn't necessarily mean that I haven't done a few test here and there to see what each individual value does. I also could have made mods in the background but just haven't released them yet, remember that too.