Stat Influence!

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Echo2VX
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Stat Influence!

Post by Echo2VX »

(I cannot find any other information on this. Sorry if there is already a topic on it.)
In my desperate attempt to get 2nd evolutions to work 100% of the time for me, I did a ton of research. What I found went against the information that Chao Island had.
Correct me where I am wrong.
Here is what I found:
1: Stat Influence: Upon 1st evolution, a chaos' stat influence is none. It will take 20 animals or 40 drives of the same colour to maximize the influence of that stat. (I did not know about the 40 drives part before, why is that better? Because I can avoid skeleton dogs which give a random influence, on top of knowing the the EXACT maximum is 40 drives worth)

2: After leveling up all stats randomly (like skeleton dogs or lots of random animals/drives), it will take 80 drives or 40 animals to assure that the influence is maxed. (2 drives equals 1 animal. 40 drives is the max unit in any direction of influence, so if you don't know where it is at, it will take 80 drives worth just in case it was maxed in the opposite direction). By giving 80 or 40 of any colour, and then giving 40 or 20 of the opposite, it will perfectly balance those two influences no matter what the influences were before. Taking into account the opposite influences, you cannot change the evolution type without balancing the others. If I want a dark/fly/power, but my chao is a dark/fly/fly, I will need to balance the fly/swim influences at some point (So 80 or 40 of one stat, and 40 or 20 of the other). Finally, I understand why there are only 4 combination 2nd evolutions (Like fly/fly+power)

3: Feeding helps, but no reasons why were given. It allows them to evolve sooner. A general rule of level 30 stamina by age 3 will assure the chao will reach it's full 2nd evolution.

4: I never knew about stat dominance. When first evolution occurs, and the influence is perfectly equal between two stats (like fly and power, or fly and run), there is a stat dominance rule. Swim will win over power and run, but power or run will win over fly.
#1, 2, and 4 all disprove what is posted on the Chao Island site. The example given, is 100 Run animals, then 100 Power animals, then 100 Fly animals, and then 100 Swim animals, and that because it recently had more swim animals, it will be a swim type. This is true and false. It will be a swim type, but not due to it's recent animals. It is a swim type because its influence on swim was raised to the max of 40 drives worth (20 animals worth). 100 fly animals raised it to the max, 40 fly, just before that. 100 swim animals after that (=200 drives) took that 40 fly influence away, and maxed the swim at 40 instead. Run was first, then power balanced the run and maxed out the power stat at 40 drives worth. When the chao evolved, the influence of stats was maxed with swim AND power, however, the roles of stat dominance caused swim to beat out power. If it was really based on which stat it recently had more of, what if we switch the fly and swim animals around? Now the example is 100 Run animals, then 100 Power animals, then 100 Swim animals, and then 100 Fly animals. According to the Chao Island website, this chao would evolve into a fly type, because that is what it interacted with most recently. This is false! Like the last example, the power influence gets maxed to 40 drives worth (20 animals worth). But this time, the swim stat gets maxed first, then the fly stat takes it over and the fly stat gets maxed instead. Now the chao influence is fly+power. Again, Chao island information states it will become a fly type, as that is the last thing it had last (and a lot too), but since both stats are maxed at 40 drives worth of influence, stat dominance comes into play. Fly is the lowest in the stat dominance, and so the chao will become a power type instead.
This has been tested recently, and all tests were successful.
Here are some of the tests so far for 1st evolutions.
Given (animals) 100 run, power, fly, swim = Swim
Given 100 run, power, swim, fly = Power
Given 40 run, power, fly, swim = Swim
Given 40 run, power, swim, fly = Power
Given (drives) 80 run, power, fly, swim = Swim
Given 80 run, power, swim, fly = Power
Given (animals) 40 power, run, swim, fly = Run
Given 40 swim, run, power, fly = Power
Given 40 swim, run, 0 power, 40 fly = Run
Given 40 fly, swim, power, run = Swim
Given (animals) 20 run, power, fly, swim = None! (If this confuses you, think again. The max is 40 drives or 20 animals. 20 run maxed run, 20 power balanced it again at 0. 20 fly maxed fly, 20 swim balanced that back to 0 also.
Given 20 swim, 40 run, 20 power, 40 fly = Fly
Given 40 power drives, 20 run animals, 20 swim animals, 40 fly drives = None
Given (animals) 40 run, power fly, 39 swim = Power

Here is a simple guide to all of this:
Stat Dominance - Swim beats Power and Run, Power and Run beats Fly.
Fly and swim are opposites.
Run and power are opposites.
Stat influences can only move to one end or the other. Fly OR swim. Run OR power.
The maximum influence in any direction is 40 drives.
1 animal = 2 drives
80 drives worth will max a stat in the opposite direction. (Example: 20 fly animals = 40 fly influence. 40 swim animals = -40 fly influence and +40 swim influence for the total of 80)
Giving 40 drives worth to any maxed opposite stat will balance those two stats at 0. (20 power animals given to a chao with 40 drives power (max) will take power and run influence to 0)
Any questions? :chaohappy:
Last edited by Echo2VX on Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Together, we can stop chao abuse! :herocry:
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Stat Influence!

Post by chaoadventures »

http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2b/gradual-evolution
Everything about stat dominance. It even says that chaos drives do less than animals.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=28664
Feeding chao increases EvolutionStrength.

I stare at everything on the main site.
But, i wasn't actually sure about the exact numbers.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Echo2VX
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Echo2VX »

Stat dominance and stat influence are two different things. That page covers mostly stat influence and mentioned stat dominance once. I just included that because it had a direct input toward the stat influences, and plays a major role in testing. The site is also a little confusing to understand, and it is hard to remember those decimals. It is much easier to think of it as 1 animal, or 2 drives. And instead of the max being 1 or -1, and tiny decimal increases in-between, to multiply the numbers, and think of it as a max of 40 in either direction, with animal (+2) or drive increases (+1).

http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2b/first-evolution
The information from this page is incorrect. It ignores stat dominance.

http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2b/second-evolution
The information on this page is also incorrect. If I had a swim/swim chao, and I wanted a swim/run chao, I could not just give it run animals. The example would work, but only because it is set up with run and power.

Thank you for the chao fruit information. That should be listed on the main site, because I looked everywhere for a topic like that.
Together, we can stop chao abuse! :herocry:
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2b/death
Found the link to the life span and evolution info here, I really don't know why it doesn't have a actual place on the main site yet.

The first evolution page actually is incorrect. Hm.

The second evolution one technically isn't incorrect because it's explaining it on the same slider as Run-Power but, if they but it on the same page it would probably be harder to
understand and it's probably better to put it on the Gradual Evolution page to explain it in depth.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

All of these things you have pointed out are well known, and on the main site. However, you do put up a good point that certain portions on the main site are incorrect in certain ways. I would guess the falsehoods arise from attempts to simplify the topic, but it was simplified too far, to the point of certain incorrect parts have arose.

Thank you for pointing this out.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

My understanding is that the main site tends to be somewhat out-of-date/less detailed than many of the threads where the information was originally documented.

Also, my understanding is that type dominance only plays a role in determining an adult chao's base form and you will get a blended form if both sliders(or all three if talking first evolution) are out of balance during both first and second gradual evolution.

Also, as I understand it, the two main methods of increeasing evolution strength are feeding and time, and that it's possible for a Chao to die/reincarnate before reaching full evolution strength if you are only feeding them the minimum to avoid their happiness dropping out of hunger.