Shiny Chao Project for the CI Gallery! 12% Complete

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Shiny Chao Project for the CI Gallery! 12% Complete

Post by Chao Professor »

Right! It seems this is high in demand from the others posts I have come across. My goal is to gather the pictures needed to add Shiny Chao into the Chao Gallery! Anyone is free to help out in this project, especially if you own any of the "yet to obtain" chao below and are willing to take some quality snaps. This project will take a while, and that is known for a fact. I will work on it as best I can in my spare time, but of course, it would get done much faster with more people involved.

Now I will list the pictures I can take myself as "CURRENTLY OWNED", and the pictures that are still needed will be under "YET TO OBTAIN".

Newborn Shinies CURRENTLY OWNED

Newborn Shiny PINK Currently Owned? Yep!
Newborn Shiny YELLOW Currently Owned? Yep!
Newborn Shiny BLUE Currently Owned? Yep!
Newborn Shiny PURPLE Currently Owned? Yep!
Newborn Shiny LIME GREEN Currently Owned? Yep!
Newborn Shiny BLACK Currently Owned? Yep, once my current Shiny Black reincarnates!
Newborn Shiny WHITE Currently Owned? Yep!
Newborn Shiny GREY Currently Owned? Yep!
Newborn Shiny NORMAL Currently Owned? Yep!

Newborn Shinies YET TO OBTAIN

Newborn Shiny BROWN Currently Owned? Nope!
Newborn Shiny GREEN Currently Owned? Nope!
Newborn Shiny RED Currently Owned? Nope!
Newborn Shiny SKY BLUE Currently Owned? Nope!
Newborn Shiny ORANGE Currently Owned? Nope!

Just to clarify, a newborn chao will only count as a Shiny who has literally just hatched, and has not been influenced in any way. :chao:

So, we're just starting with Newborn Shinies first. Once this is complete and all Newborn images are gathered, we can move on to Hero and Dark chao, as well as many others!

I really hope this project goes well! It's time I was involved in a cool chao project! :chaohappy:

I'm not fully expecting this project, even when completed, to surely make it on to the main site, but hey, added or not, it'll be a fun project! :wink:
Image It's still thinking...
Rinku
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: I like making friends :3

Re: Shiny Chao Project for the CI Gallery! 12% Complete

Post by Rinku »

I would love to take pictures and such of all the shiny chao, I collected every newborn shiny color years ago across my 4 memory cards. The problem is I don't think anyone would actually put them on the website. I made a thread a few months ago stating I could take any picture of any chao and give thousands of pictures to the CI Gallery. I was told that the pictures themselves might need to be a certain quality or standard (for non shiny chao i take pretty nice pictures with my custom computer) however no mod ever told me to what standard or if they would consider putting anything on the website.

I don't want to waste time taking pictures without confirmation that they will be useful, but no matter what happens, good luck to you :)
Rinku's personal Discord - http://rinkutalks.pro/image/dcover.png
🔥 Twitch Livestream - http://www.twitch.tv/rinkutalks (◡‿◡✿)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Twitter - https://twitter.com/RinkuTalks
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Shiny Chao Project for the CI Gallery! 12% Complete

Post by Mamkute »

No mod told you what the standards were, because mods are not really the ones in charge of the main site. That is the domain of Mooncow, Fusion, and JmT. And I for sure would encourage the placement of pictures on the main site. As for quality, all I can guess for sure is making them comparable to the pictures already on the main site; being at the Egg Carrier garden on the beach is probably a good thing, and as for quality, I am not one to consult for that (but even some pictures on the main site are not super high quality.)

Anyway, my usual cop out reason on why I can not help is not having either Sonic Adventure on computer, and no real means for picture taking. But I hope this works out, and again, I will definitely encourage the inclusion on the main site if they are consistent and good pictures.