[SA2B / SADX] Legitimate Character Chao

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

[SA2B / SADX] Legitimate Character Chao

Post by Sable »

(NOTE: At the time of this writing, this only works with NTSC-J copies of Sonic Adventure DX, and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. However, I'm working to see if I can rectify that.)

The Nintendo GameCube Software e-Catalog (Summer 2003) was a disc distributed by mail order in (unsurprisingly) Summer of 2003 featuring demos, trailers, and screenshots of various GameCube games that were slated for release around that time, one of them being Sonic Adventure DX.

As you may have noticed, in addition to information and screenshots, there's also a menu option with a Chao icon next to it. Clicking on it leads you to a subpage, advertising GBA demos for other Sonic Team titles including Minna de Puyo Puyo (Puyo Pop), Tiny Chao Garden, and Chu Chu Rocket.

Selecting the option in the frame will load a new menu, wherein you can select which demo you would like to receive via the GameCube – Game Boy Advance link cable. As a nice little touch, it plays the Chao Kindergarten music from Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle)!

However, the really interesting part is that, upon reaching the distribution, you're allowed to select one of three rare Character Chao - Tails, Knuckles, and Amy - to go along with it. While the Tails Chao can be obtained through Phantasy Star Online, the Knuckles and Amy Chao are unattainable elsewhere without hacking!

Upon selection, you will be prompted to turn on your GBA, which will then receive the distribution.

After a short screen showing your Chao being converted into data, it will arrive in the Tiny Chao Garden!

Afterwards, you may simply start your preferred Chao game, enter the garden, and stand on the transporter to receive your legitimate Character Chao!

To obtain the other two, simply repeat the process.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: [SA2B / SADX] Legitimate Character Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

That's because, after I get the okay from Mooncow, I'd like to upload the actual distribution manager rather than the entire ISO. It's only 6MB of a 1.2GB disc, and I'm working on trying to patch it to work with U/E games as well.
Trash-ItTrevor
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Trash-ItTrevor »

Holy crap, can someone plese give Sable money or something?

Seriously, you are awesome. Good job!