Intelligence and luck in Chao karate.

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 2 weeks old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Intelligence and luck in Chao karate.

Post by The_Awesome_Chao »

Intelligence: Higher intelligence makes the zeal bar deplete more slowly.

Luck: The luck stat affects what stance your chao will use. Chao with a low luck stat will stand with their arms at their sides while chao with a high luck stat will raise their hands.

This should be added to the stat section.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Re: Intelligence and luck in Chao karate.

Post by Ivogoji »

Has this been tested? It sounds plausible enough but I've never heard it before.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

I don't think so. Also Stamina makes the Zeal bar go down slower and the stat viewer that says that it's Health is lying (Or maybe it's both?). I tested it that with Fusion's editor.
I was trying to research things in the Karate at the time, but I forgot about the endeavor.

Luck (and/or Intelligence) might change the chao's stance, but it's almost impossible to check from the outside. I would be up for testing it though, since they could easily alter it to be the "Stance" stat.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Mayo
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: Hey hey! This is SapphireChao

Post by Mayo »

I thought stance was a result of a Chao's total points/levels, with age also a factor (I haven't seen young unevolved chao do the fighting stance with the arms up, unless someone can confirm).

Order goes like this from left to right:
Crawl > Sit > Stand with arms down > Stand with arms up

It's technically a gauge of how strong your Chao is.
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Mayo wrote:I thought stance was a result of a Chao's total points/levels, with age also a factor (I haven't seen young unevolved chao do the fighting stance with the arms up, unless someone can confirm).
I don't think there is any code that checks the stat total. If your chao cannot stand then it will crawl. If it can stand it will eather stand with its arms at its sides (low luck stat) or raise them (higher luck stat). Age has nothing to do with it and I have seen both child chao with raised fists and adult chao who crawl.
Mayo wrote:
It's technically a gauge of how strong your Chao is.
Strength affects the punching/kicking animation, not the stance. The stance is affected by whether your chao can stand or not and how high its luck stat is.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

that bump tho
The_Awesome_Chao wrote:I don't think there is any code that checks the stat total.
SA1DC and SADX both had data to check for a chao's stat total before going into a Chao Race (for special opponents), so it's really not impossible especially since SA2B retains transferred data
from SADX even though it came first.

Anywho, based on experiments I've done with a chao with a Run stat of "2000":

Apparently, by giving my chao an Luck stat of "10", their stance actually has them sit down.

Giving them a stat of "500", "1000", or even "2000", all make them stand up with their arms up.

Basically, I haven't seen a chao stand with it's "arms down and at its sides" just by moving Luck stats.

I'd be willing to guess at this point that Luck is an important stat in the matter, but doesn't change everything about stances. Or maybe it reacts to certain sets of numbers I didn't check?
Or maybe it's just another part of a overall stat check, and having and total number over say, "2500" changes it? Perhaps it's in ratio to your opponent's stats? Grades? All of the above?

I'd do more tests and probably type a longer report of hypotheseseseses, but I have actual real life things to do right now.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
The_Awesome_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

chaoadventures wrote:that bump tho

Anywho, based on experiments I've done with a chao with a Run stat of "2000":

Apparently, by giving my chao an Luck stat of "10", their stance actually has them sit down.

Giving them a stat of "500", "1000", or even "2000", all make them stand up with their arms up.

Basically, I haven't seen a chao stand with it's "arms down and at its sides" just by moving Luck stats.

I'd be willing to guess at this point that Luck is an important stat in the matter, but doesn't change everything about stances. Or maybe it reacts to certain sets of numbers I didn't check?
Or maybe it's just another part of a overall stat check, and having and total number over say, "2500" changes it? Perhaps it's in ratio to your opponent's stats? Grades? All of the above?

I'd do more tests and probably type a longer report of hypotheseseseses, but I have actual real life things to do right now.
They sit down at the start of the match but during the match they stand with their arms at their sides.(like lucky in chao karate) If you increase the luck stat a little bit then your chao will actually start the match standing. If you increase it even more then they will raise their hands.