[SA2B] Monotone "Normal-colored" Neutral/Swim

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 1 week old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Mindacos
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

[SA2B] Monotone "Normal-colored" Neutral/Swim

Post by Mindacos »

I've made a discovery that i'm pretty sure not many are aware of, and since I couldn't find any reference of it on these forums(at least in-depth) I might as well share it myself!

So I've been tinkering around with chao breeding and decided to make a "Normal-colored" monotone chao a Neutral-Swim, and I got a result I didn't expect.

It's tail had a different color!

So using Fusion's chao editor I decided to explore a bit thinking to myself, would this transition into a neutral/swim's second evolution? Would this also apply to shiny monotones?

The answers were both positive, this in fact did apply to shinies and second evolutions:

I decided to make a gallery with my findings of the variety that i've found within these neutral/swim chaos, and surprisingly enough latter evolutions don't only have a color difference on their tail, but their feet too.
(Apologies for the wide variety of resolution between the images, it's my first time doing this sort of thing.)
Spoiler:
Image Image
Neutral/Swim/Normal. This chao uses the same color pallet as the first evolution. Light yellow body and feet, blue tail.
Spoiler:
Image Image
Neutral/Swim/Swim. Thic chao hasa light blue body with light yellow feet and a dark blue tail.
Spoiler:
Image Image
Neutral/Swim/Fly. This chao has a pink body with darker pink feet and a violet tail.
Spoiler:
Image Image
Neutral/Swim/Run. This chao has a blue body with dark purple-ish feet and a slightly darker tail that looks a little bit more blue.
Spoiler:
Image Image
Neutral/Swim/Power. This chao has a yellow body with orange feet and a yellow tail.
Spoiler:
Image Image
Neutral/Swim/Run-Swim. This chao has a blue body with grey feet and a dark blue tail.
Spoiler:
Image Image
Neutral/Swim/Run-Fly. This chao is a slightly paler version of the Neutral/Swim/Run, although it's feet are more noticeably purple.
Spoiler:
Image Image
Neutral/Swim/Power-Swim. This chao has a light green body with orange feet and a dark green tail.
Spoiler:
Image Image
Neutral/Swim/Power-Fly. This chao has an orange-ish yellow body with red feet and a pale green tail.
These are the basic second evolutions, although if we mess with a chao's magnitudes there are still some interesting results, with the following one being my favorite:
Spoiler:
Image Image
Neutral/Swim/50% Run. Green body with grey feet and a blue tail.
Unfortunately though, monster chaos don't get any sort of change on their colors. The color pallet stops once the magnitude is maxed:
Spoiler:
Image Image
I decided to check out other chao types to see if any of them shared the same similarity, the only other kind of chao that shares this trait are Amy chaos:
Spoiler:
Image Image
This chao has a white body with pink ears.
Any other kind of "Normal-colored" chao ends up a full monotone, including a full magnitude neutral-swim baby chao.

Hopefully this discovery was as interesting for you as it was for me, thanks for reading!
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: [SA2B] Monotone "Normal-colored" Neutral/Swim

Post by Mamkute »

I like seeing this all compiled into nice good quality pictures.
It was known that Monotone Normal chao are not always, by strictest standards of the word, "monotone." Each body part (feet, body, head, tail) is monotone, of the "base" color, for that part. And they usually happen to be the same color across each part.
But as you just showed, there are plenty of cases where they do not all match. As you can still see, though, the colors are still very consistent (no weird patterns for example) on the not matching feet or tail.

And that picture at the end is just adorable.
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

I never knew about this myself! Something to look out for when im breeding chao or messing around with fusion. c:
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Giara
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Giara »

the swim/power chao looks like a duck :surprise: it's so cute :sway:
sorry if my english sucks :herocry:
Mayo
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: Hey hey! This is SapphireChao

Post by Mayo »

Same goes for Monotone Normal Dark Chaos Chao, where the eyelids are purple but the rest of the body is white.

Kinda strange in concept though.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Post by UltimaNumber »

I knew about this myself, but didn't have an account at the time nor could I have given any good quality pictures. Now that it's been made clear, we all know precisely what they look like!
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs