SA2 Website found (Moon Chao obtainable?)

This forum is now locked! Thank you for all your contributions. A new Wiki system for future contributions is being worked on.

(A forum for those who are able to contribute information for the main website, and help the website become the #1 source for Chao!)
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Rufflikerex
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: I hope to one day see a new official Chao Garden.

SA2 Website found (Moon Chao obtainable?)

Post by Rufflikerex »

So, I've found a link that brings me to what I believe is a recreation of the original SA2 webpage. I thought this could help the Moon Chao page, but when I tried to trade for a Moon Chao I would get the "Unable to Access" page. I don't know if it'll be useful or if it's relevant, but I thought I'd post the link here.
http://dricas.sonicretro.org/sonic2/index-2.html

EDIT: I just figured out that I need to use a browser on the Sega Dreamcast to access the Chao trading, so that's why I couldn't access it. I don't have a Dreamcast, so I can't try it out.
sanicandchoa
Child Chao
Child Chao

Re: SA2 Website found (Moon Chao obtainable?)

Post by sanicandchoa »

It doesn't matter if you access with a Dreamcast or not; the server will not let you download any of the Chao files because of you lack the permission period. I doubt it even has them in the first place.

If you don't believe me, try the other downloads. You can get them just fine without a Dreamcast.
Rufflikerex
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Rufflikerex »

I can't download the other downloads, but thanks for telling me this. I guess I did waste everyone's time...
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

Actually, there's this here. Although you'd have to find a way to put that file in your VMU to your dreamcast. Otherwise it only works on emulator. I have all the files backed up on dropbox which is soon planned to be added to the main site.
sanicandchoa
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by sanicandchoa »

Is that the original file? If so, that's a really good find!
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

Completely original! It isn't mine though, someone uploaded it on a Dreamcast hacking site (forgot the name) I just thought i'd make a backup plan in case it gets removed one day, plus a lot easier to find.
Rufflikerex
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Rufflikerex »

Dude, that's awesome! I'm gonna reply to a moderator and share this find. I will give you 100% of the credit.
-Random Internet Person.
Rufflikerex
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Rufflikerex »

Hey, is there a way to figure out how to replicate .VMI files based on the code of Dreamcast games? The codes surely can't just "appear" because of a code. There must be a way to "make a mold out of the keyhole".
-Random Internet Person.