[SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended: The Biggest Chao Mod.

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Giara
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v7.5 : A new Update!

Post by Giara »

Hi! I recently installed Chao World Extended and it works almost perfectly! it's so much fun to use :herosway: but since I have installed it I have a little problem with one of my chao because his arms are invisible, the chao had racoon arms and they don't appear, they aren't normal chao arms neither. When I change his arms to another animal ones they look prfectly fine but I want the racoon arms to show! :( I checked if the no animal parts code was active but it's not the case I even tried deactivating the HD chao textures but that's also not the problem what can I do?
sorry if my english sucks :herocry:
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

Giara wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:56 pm Hi! I recently installed Chao World Extended and it works almost perfectly! it's so much fun to use :herosway: but since I have installed it I have a little problem with one of my chao because his arms are invisible, the chao had racoon arms and they don't appear, they aren't normal chao arms neither. When I change his arms to another animal ones they look prfectly fine but I want the racoon arms to show! :( I checked if the no animal parts code was active but it's not the case I even tried deactivating the HD chao textures but that's also not the problem what can I do?
From what I heard, that's a result of the mixing color code I believe. Unfortunately it had to go to be able to have all those mixing colors.
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
starparty
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: thanks unclestupid

Post by starparty »

Not sure if this thread is still really active, my mod works fine but for some reason some of the animation effects don't exist. Like when a chao takes an animal or drive and it sparkles, theres no sparkles, or when a chao blows fire from the dragon skill, theres no fire. Its not breaking the mod or making it unplayable but I'd love to be able to fix it and not sure what to do. No one else I've talked to seems to have this problem. I have tried uninstalling both the game and the mod and reinstalling but no luck. ):
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Actually, now that you mention it, I've been having some of those problems too.

Sparkles don't appear when animals and chaos drives are given to my chao, but also Sonic's Flame Ring fire and the fire from in-game objects like Sky Rail's skulls have stopped appearing for me.

Not sure if the last two are my doing at this point though.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
starparty
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: thanks unclestupid

Post by starparty »

Hm, I wonder if its actually doing that for me too. I didn't even think to check if animations in game aren't working either. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one, hopefully theres an easy solution!
PerfectChaos
Egg
Egg

Post by PerfectChaos »

I can run SA2, without the mods it works fine.

With the mod in, game crashes after the logos saying sonic2app stopped working
What I've tried:

Window/fullscreen/diff resolutions
NVIDIA settings, turning Vsync off/on
installed: NET framework / Visual C++
Closed every single software before running the game (overlays/apps)

Pls help, used to run it without any problems, now only can run clean game.
What should I else try?
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: The day only gets worse when the sun sets at 3pm

Post by YuYuChaosho »

PerfectChaos wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:01 am I can run SA2, without the mods it works fine.

What I've tried:

What should I else try?
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod?? Or going through it’s Steam properties, and verifying it’s files? :thinking:
SEGA does what Nintendon’t
PerfectChaos
Egg
Egg

Post by PerfectChaos »

YuYuChaosho wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:19 pm
PerfectChaos wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:01 am I can run SA2, without the mods it works fine.

What I've tried:

What should I else try?
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod?? Or going through it’s Steam properties, and verifying it’s files? :thinking:
Yes, tried that as well. Nothing helps. I just checked once again, and SA2 runs perfectly without any mods.
What else could be causing that?
Chao31
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Chao31 »

Help because I keep crashing at random times in the garden or when trying to enter it as certain characters!
hope someone helps because sonic2app stops responding :darkno:
CourtneyGrier051491
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by CourtneyGrier051491 »

I really want to like this mod. I reeeeeally do. And for most it seems to work perfectly if not some minor things. I wish that were the case. Mine randomly crashes. I can enjoy no aspect of the game because of it. I leave a garden, start the game, leave the lobby, it will randomly crash. More often than not. I did the microsoft repair, I have a pretty high end computer. But I DID JUST dl this mod. Is there ANY other reason it's doing this?
CourtneyGrier051491
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Chao31 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:11 pm Help because I keep crashing at random times in the garden or when trying to enter it as certain characters!
IS this a recent thing? The past few posts have been complaining the game keeps crashing lol. But i just dled it today and it has such great reviews I thought I was just doing something wrong (I probably am lol)
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Post by DarkyBenji »

starparty wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:14 pm Not sure if this thread is still really active, my mod works fine but for some reason some of the animation effects don't exist. Like when a chao takes an animal or drive and it sparkles, theres no sparkles, or when a chao blows fire from the dragon skill, theres no fire. Its not breaking the mod or making it unplayable but I'd love to be able to fix it and not sure what to do. No one else I've talked to seems to have this problem. I have tried uninstalling both the game and the mod and reinstalling but no luck. ):

it sometime because of the graphic card, what character did you use ? and what is your graphic card ?

What I've tried:

What should I else try?
Chao31 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:11 pm Help because I keep crashing at random times in the garden or when trying to enter it as certain characters!
CourtneyGrier051491 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:18 am I really want to like this mod. I reeeeeally do. And for most it seems to work perfectly if not some minor things. I wish that were the case. Mine randomly crashes. I can enjoy no aspect of the game because of it. I leave a garden, start the game, leave the lobby, it will randomly crash. More often than not. I did the microsoft repair, I have a pretty high end computer. But I DID JUST dl this mod. Is there ANY other reason it's doing this?
well sorry for all of that but you know when the game just run fine on me and crash the other i can't tell what really cause this :heroangry:
i will do more research just like i do every single time since 2 years, but i'm starting to feel like this is modloader fault and it's getting really annoying :darkblink:
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
CourtneyGrier051491
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

I am dl the mod on a different computer and will try there. Mod loader is reeeally slow for me and lags a lot and sometimes takes a long time to get boxes checked/unchecked before i start the game. So you may be right that it is mod loader. I did play a little bit and it is a really fun mod and the garden textures are gorgeous!
CourtneyGrier051491
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

The other place i downloaded the mod is my parents' computer so I can't exactly play there; it isn't a gaming computer anyway. But so far, no crashes there (that might change, we'll see) I actually have a gaming computer and oddly, that is where it always crashes. :herocry:
Faustiana
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Faustiana »

So there's a "Hold Y for (x)Lobby" code, but that only works with one lobby? Is there any way to be able to switch between all 8 lobbies without needing to open the mod manager every time?
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Faustiana wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:01 am So there's a "Hold Y for (x)Lobby" code, but that only works with one lobby? Is there any way to be able to switch between all 8 lobbies without needing to open the mod manager every time?
not yet :heroblink:
Faustiana
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Faustiana »

DarkyBenji wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:33 pm
Faustiana wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:01 am So there's a "Hold Y for (x)Lobby" code, but that only works with one lobby? Is there any way to be able to switch between all 8 lobbies without needing to open the mod manager every time?
not yet :heroblink:
I hope that's an update coming out soon then! :chaohappy:
CourtneyGrier051491
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

I don't think anyone has asked this but I know the character chao, specifically Amy chao, are raised like chaos chao but it says plus running.
So does that mean you give them 1 of every animal PLUS more running animals? Or do you give them green chaos drives?
She is on her second reincarnation now :D
Also, do you need to have any particular codes checkmarked for the character evolution to work?
I'm sorry! Soooo many questions! I have never modded or even played Sa2b on Steam before! :herosurprise:
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

CourtneyGrier051491 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:54 am I don't think anyone has asked this but I know the character chao, specifically Amy chao, are raised like chaos chao but it says plus running.
So does that mean you give them 1 of every animal PLUS more running animals? Or do you give them green chaos drives?
Also, do you need to have any particular codes checkmarked for the character evolution to work?
I'm sorry! Soooo many questions! I have never modded or even played Sa2b on Steam before! :herosurprise:
for making character chao i recommand you having "chaos & character chao" enabled for now until next update (you can disable it once the chao successfully evolve

so yeah if you can want a amy chao, give them 1 of every animal PLUS more running animals OR give them green chaos drives
both work

you may not see the chao amy coming from the cocoon, so once the evolution is done, leave and enter back to the garden, if it change to amy chao, you did it !
CourtneyGrier051491
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

DarkyBenji wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:01 pm
CourtneyGrier051491 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:54 am I don't think anyone has asked this but I know the character chao, specifically Amy chao, are raised like chaos chao but it says plus running.
for making character chao i recommand you having "chaos & character chao" enabled for now until next update (you can disable it once the chao successfully evolve

so yeah if you can want a amy chao, give them 1 of every animal PLUS more running animals OR give them green chaos drives
both work

you may not see the chao amy coming from the cocoon, so once the evolution is done, leave and enter back to the garden, if it change to amy chao, you did it !
Yayyy it worked!!! ^_^ Thank you for the advice. I think I am really getting the hang of this. Still have crashing problem but usually only when i first enter chao world when I boot up the game.
I'm so happy!
PerfectChaos
Egg
Egg

Post by PerfectChaos »

Mr Darkybenji,

Any updates on what to do with the after-logo crash?
Could you by any chance list all the reasons that could cause that, or would you need my pc characteristics? (once again, runs SA2 perfectly without any issues, but with mods = rip)
Really need to get it working. What's weird, like one year ago, I was using the mod without any problems. Did not change anything in my PC since then, even windows is the same.
Faustiana
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Faustiana »

I'm coming back to this game/mod after a while away and I can't get it to work how I once did. I was sure that each Lobby Pack had its own save, with the 'regular' chao being different hues than usual. Now whatever happens in one Lobby save happens in all of them (the same chao) and they are look as they usually do. I have made the other save files. What am I doing wrong?
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

PerfectChaos wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:48 pm Mr Darkybenji,

Any updates on what to do with the after-logo crash?
Could you by any chance list all the reasons that could cause that, or would you need my pc characteristics? (once again, runs SA2 perfectly without any issues, but with mods = rip)
Really need to get it working. What's weird, like one year ago, I was using the mod without any problems. Did not change anything in my PC since then, even windows is the same.
after logo crash ?
When i launch the game i crash after SEGA and SONIC TEAM, what happen ?
you have a problem with SA2modloader
install : Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 runtime 64x and 86x
and the problem should be fixed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Faustiana wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:10 pm I'm coming back to this game/mod after a while away and I can't get it to work how I once did. I was sure that each Lobby Pack had its own save, with the 'regular' chao being different hues than usual. Now whatever happens in one Lobby save happens in all of them (the same chao) and they are look as they usually do. I have made the other save files. What am I doing wrong?
you mean all lobby use the same save ?
- did you enable 1 custom lobby and no multi lobby at once ?
- did you check on codes after enable the lobby to see if you enable chao skin ?
Faustiana
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Faustiana »

you mean all lobby use the same save ?
- did you enable 1 custom lobby and no multi lobby at once ?
- did you check on codes after enable the lobby to see if you enable chao skin ?
Yeah, they're all using the same save. I copied and renamed a blank save like you instructed and that doesn't seem to be working.

Which code? I just see one called "Light Edit for LOBBY" that's checked.
PerfectChaos
Egg
Egg

Post by PerfectChaos »

DarkyBenji wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:59 pm

after logo crash ?
When i launch the game i crash after SEGA and SONIC TEAM, what happen ?
you have a problem with SA2modloader
install : Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 runtime 64x and 86x
and the problem should be fixed
That was done at the first attempt. Never helped :darkblink: