Fusion's Chao Editor 2.3 for SADX and SA2B (2016-01-05)

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Re: Fusion's Chao Editor 2.0 for SADX and SA2B (2012-12-11)

Post by Fusion »

Soap wrote:Assuming the two Steam Sonic Adventure ports are more like the Gamecube version as opposed to the XBox one (which I have heard is more constrictive with Chao combos), I am *definitely* going to get Mom's credit card to buy it online
I don't recommend getting the Steam version of Sonic Adventure DX. I haven't played the Xbox version, but it seems the same based on what I've heard of it. The two-tone setting doesn't have any effect; all normal-coloured chao are two-tone chao, and all chao of other colours are mono-tone chao. The 2004 PC release of Sonic Adventure DX is the better choice.

The Steam version of Sonic Adventure 2 on the other hand is of much better quality. It seems mostly identical to the GameCube version from what I've seen, except that it has the "bright" chao. In my opinion, it is now the best game for raising chao, as it is easily accessible, can be easily hacked or modded, and there are many unique chao breeds available.
The Shadic Chao
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao
Motto: If you've been stabbed, then someone probably hates you
Location: In the chao garden, stopping my baby chao from going in the water

Post by The Shadic Chao »

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
Does it work in normal SA2 or just SA2B?
teh steamz
LEVEL 42 FISH: im not fish my name is russel jimmies
Crash the Spooky Scary Skeleton: are you a monkey by any chance?
LEVEL 42 FISH: no i am a fish
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

I'm not sure, as I haven't been able to test that. However, I would expect it to work fine. If you have Sonic Adventure 2 without the Battle Mode DLC, then feel free to try it and let me know.
The Shadic Chao
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao

It works with ordinary SA2. I expected it to be - there's no change Chao-wise between the clean game and DLC.
New question: How do you change what gardens are unlocked in SA2?
teh steamz
Qnez
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Qnez »

Nice work.
Can I get Jewel chao with this?
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

The Shadic Chao wrote:It works with ordinary SA2.
Thanks for letting me know.
The Shadic Chao wrote:New question: How do you change what gardens are unlocked in SA2?
You can't in the current version, unfortunately. I decided to just release what I had, instead of delaying it further by adding more features. I might implement this in a future version of the editor.
Qnez wrote:Can I get Jewel chao with this?
Yes.
medoli900
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by medoli900 »

Fusion wrote:The Steam version of Sonic Adventure 2 on the other hand is of much better quality. It seems mostly identical to the GameCube version from what I've seen, except that it has the "bright" chao.

Just to let you know,the bright chao (two-tone shiny chao) is available on PS3 (I don't have the steam version...yet.).
SA2HD ps3 ranked in almost all level! Gosh,even in canon core!Rank 33 in route 101 0_0 (puting ZERO to HERO from Hercule)
I received a beautiful deep blue and black 3DS XL! *_*
chaosulitmaster
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: Insanity is the only alternative.

Post by chaosulitmaster »

The link to the download in the first editor is broken.
Linux is kinda fun.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Thanks for pointing that out. The download link has now been fixed.
The Shadic Chao
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao

Fusion wrote:It seems mostly identical to the GameCube version from what I've seen, except that it has the "bright" chao.

I know you said "mostly", but I'd like to point this out.
Even though the cave is still in SA2HD, you can only access Chao Race until you get the DLC.
teh steamz
Silja
Egg
Egg

Post by Silja »

Yes thank you!! I have been jumping up and down like a loon waiting for this!~

Also just a warning, Avast gives a fake Trojan warning for the exe file then it scans it and says clear. Though you might want to know that. I ran it through again to be sure no one messed with it when you uploaded it.. Some companies for uploading do.. However its is clean according to newest and updated avast. Oh I have windows 8, so I dunno if that had anything to do with it or not.

Again, thank you for all the hard work you put into these~
The Shadic Chao
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao

^ That's weird. I have avast! and it didn't give me that warning.
Then again, I'm using Windows XP Sevice Pack 3, if that makes a difference.
teh steamz
flabort
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by flabort »

Ugh, avast. My grandpa uses it, and it blocks out google on his computer, and since the google spider is on basically every page, it gives five messages before it will even allow you to look at the page, and severely slows down what pages it does show.
I'm pretty sure there are superior free antivirus packages out there.

That said, Woo! to the SA2HD editor working!
DarkOverord
Egg
Egg

Post by DarkOverord »

I was eventually going to register and say thanks for the work Fusion at some point but I felt I should address this:
Silja wrote:Also just a warning, Avast gives a fake Trojan warning for the exe file then it scans it and says clear. Though you might want to know that. I ran it through again to be sure no one messed with it when you uploaded it.. Some companies for uploading do.. However its is clean according to newest and updated avast. Oh I have windows 8, so I dunno if that had anything to do with it or not.
Windows 7 here and can confirm the same false positive. This generally occurs with new programs as Avast won't have had enough data on the program (as no offence to Fusion, but he's no company and won't get "Trusted Publisher" status off them for a bit =P) and will flag things as malicious just to be "safe". Also doesn't help that in the end it's meant to latch onto a game's memory, which sometimes trips AV's.

If you get the False Positive, report it as such and hopefully Avast will add it to the list of programs that aren't malicious. Same happened for a Minecraft Mod Launcher as well, it is just because it's not had enough uses at the time.

(Also Flabort, he or someone has fiddled with Avast's settings as that's not something it generally does by default as Google would be considered a Trusted Publisher by Avast)
Chaolin112
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: It's just an ordinary dream.

Post by Chaolin112 »

Omai
I've said it before, and I will say it again. You are brilliant, Fusion! Just wondering, what programming language did you write this in? As soon as I get my RPi, I'm gonna learn programming and I'm still not entirely sure what I should start in.

Also, It came out on my birthday, so it's like a bday present from you :3
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Just in case anybody is wondering, here are the results from Jotti's malware scan, which uses nineteen different virus scanners: http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresul ... 74d1fd837c

None of the virus scanners found any problems, including Avast. It is safe to use.
Chaolin112 wrote:You are brilliant, Fusion! Just wondering, what programming language did you write this in?
Thanks. I wrote it in C#.
LordValdyr
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by LordValdyr »

:surprise: Hello Fusion I would first like to thank you for your wonderful creation.
I greatly enjoy using your editor for various experiments.
I respectfully have a few ideas I'd like to run by you.
First, I'm not sure how all this works but I would like to be able to use your editor to buy jewel eggs from the black market.
I am aware I can use your editor to get jewel chao however if possible, for my own reasons I would like to get them as eggs from the black market.
Again I am unaware if this is even possible but as far as I can figure it seems like it should be.
Second, idk if you are aware of pox's cheat engine chao editor, but basically it reads chao data from the garden you are currently in.
Whenever you go to race or a karate match it treats those like gardens and it reads the chao data from them.
It would be very useful to me if I were able to use your editor to do such a thing as his is very buggy and he as far as I can tell has abandoned it.
These are just some ideas I have that maybe very specific but if you consider them perhaps such features could help others aside from me as well.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

LordValdyr wrote:First, I'm not sure how all this works but I would like to be able to use your editor to buy jewel eggs from the black market.
You can already do this on Sonic Adventure DX, but not on Sonic Adventure 2 at the moment. I will add it to the next version.
LordValdyr wrote:for my own reasons I would like to get them as eggs from the black market.
Unfortunately, Sonic Adventure 2 doesn't display jewel eggs correctly, so if you're hoping to get screenshots of them, it won't work. Jewel eggs on Sonic Adventure 2 just look like normal eggs, except the texture warps and moves around. This issue only affects the egg itself, and the chao will be a normal jewel chao after hatching.
LordValdyr wrote:Second, idk if you are aware of pox's cheat engine chao editor, but basically it reads chao data from the garden you are currently in.
Whenever you go to race or a karate match it treats those like gardens and it reads the chao data from them.
It would be very useful to me if I were able to use your editor to do such a thing as his is very buggy and he as far as I can tell has abandoned it.
I'll look into it. What do you want this for exactly? Do you just want to be able to edit the chao from karate and the races?
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

What is causing that texture problem? Because in my own experience of SA2 PC I found several texture glitches on trees and fruit. Like, when I just got out of a karate match, the texture of my fruit suddenly changes into a more pinecone looking texture. And my planted tree only shows a bit of a tall spike stopping midway, while the fruit is hanging in the air without support.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
sonicrox
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by sonicrox »

What does the chao editor has to do with raising chao? Looks more like Sonic Adventure 3 :thinking:
Ok, maybe i messed up, a little...
Soap
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Soap »

Silja wrote: Also just a warning, Avast gives a fake Trojan warning for the exe file then it scans it and says clear. Though you might want to know that. I ran it through again to be sure no one messed with it when you uploaded it..
Yeah, when I have Norton on system, any attempts to download it usually are outright blocked - well, not the zip version, anyway.
LordValdyr
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by LordValdyr »

Fusion wrote: I'll look into it. What do you want this for exactly? Do you just want to be able to edit the chao from karate and the races?
Thanks for taking my suggestions seriously. :chaohappy:
My reason for wanting this feature is I would like to easily copy Chao from the races and karate matchs to my gardens or export them as Chao files.
I would also like to be able to specifcally document their stats.
Kdiamo11
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Kdiamo11 »

I was so happy it works with Steam :D but now it says it doesnt have a connection to a game when ever I have it on :c
The light always strikes back.
Kdiamo11
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Kdiamo11 »

How do you make different colored transparent chaos using this?
The light always strikes back.
CheeseBurger
Egg
Egg

Fusion s Editor Problem

Post by CheeseBurger »

Hello everyone :surprise:

i am new here and i got a question

my chao editor doesnt find my save files why? my sadx is full version and i have tried doing it while in chao garden while not in chao garden and while sadx is closed help please :cry: