Fusion's Chao Editor 2.3 for SADX and SA2B (2016-01-05)

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Onsokumaru
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Klaatu barada nikto

Re: Fusion's Chao Editor 2.3 for SADX and SA2B (2016-01-05)

Post by Onsokumaru »

TheMagicMarksMan wrote:Is this Compatible with the Steam version of SA2B?
Yes the steam version is the only one there is on PC *facepalm* lol
TheMagicMarksMan
Egg
Egg

Post by TheMagicMarksMan »

Onsokumaru wrote:
TheMagicMarksMan wrote:Is this Compatible with the Steam version of SA2B?
Yes the steam version is the only one there is on PC *facepalm* lol

Untrue, By 'On PC" I thought he meant one that was Emulated, VIA: Dolphin, Or something, So i was unsure,
Nessie
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Nessie »

I got one chao up to max stats and it is pretty funny watching them glitch races. :wink:
Metal Z Gaming
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Metal Z Gaming »

Is there a way to get the Garden Toys that you get from the challenge races???
rockzyk
Egg
Egg

Post by rockzyk »

Hello! I was just wondering if there is a way to make the life of a second evolution chao unlimited? I saw you can expand the lifespan, but I was hoping to keep certain ones if I could without making them into a chaos chao. Thank you! :surprise:
Kiddo2907
Egg
Egg

Post by Kiddo2907 »

:thinking: Sorry, but i can't use the program because i have an updated version of .net framework thing (i forget his name). Can you help me? I really want to use the editor because i cant take care of chao apropriatelly. Please, solve this problem. :thinking:
Deimeltor
Egg
Egg

Post by Deimeltor »

for some reason my SA2B wont work, help?
[Ayumi]
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by [Ayumi] »

Hello. I got a question that seems to have no answer to it at the moment.

I got the updated version of the Chao Editor, and all I pretty much would like to do is move my Chao from SA2B to SADX and back and forth whenever I would like to.
I'm not sure how that works, but that's not the question.

I've never had a problem getting the editor to load and run and see SA2B on the PC before, and I had it run perfectly fine on my SADX I bought years ago that was distributed by Activision on the PC.

I recently got SADX on Steam and after a while, I finally got BetterSADX to run (which was also problematic to get to work on the new build for some reason).
The problem is the new updated BetterSADX with the Dreamcast Conversion is not showing up for the Chao Editor at all.

I've been told that if I turn off the Dreamcast Chao Garden that it should finally work. The problem is... it's not.
No one seems to have an answer to how to fix this problem and was wondering if someone might know a reason why it's not working?
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by LimitCrown »

[Ayumi] wrote:I recently got SADX on Steam and after a while, I finally got BetterSADX to run (which was also problematic to get to work on the new build for some reason).
The problem is the new updated BetterSADX with the Dreamcast Conversion is not showing up for the Chao Editor at all.

I've been told that if I turn off the Dreamcast Chao Garden that it should finally work. The problem is... it's not.
No one seems to have an answer to how to fix this problem and was wondering if someone might know a reason why it's not working?
Oh. Fusion's Chao Editor isn't detecting Sonic Adventure DX because the DC Branding mod changes the name of the game's window. In order to undo this, you can perform the following steps:

1. Run Notepad or Notepad++ as administrator.
2. Navigate to the DC Branding folder and click on the mod.ini file that's in it.
3. Remove the line that says WindowTitle=Sonic Adventure and save the file.

After this is done, you should be able to use Fusion's Chao Editor with the game again. Note that whenever you update the DC Branding mod after this, you will need to perform those steps again.
[Ayumi]
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by [Ayumi] »

LimitCrown wrote:
[Ayumi] wrote:I recently got SADX on Steam and after a while, I finally got BetterSADX to run (which was also problematic to get to work on the new build for some reason).

Oh. Fusion's Chao Editor isn't detecting Sonic Adventure DX because the DC Branding mod changes the name of the game's window. In order to undo this, you can perform the following steps:

1. Run Notepad or Notepad++ as administrator.
2. Navigate to the DC Branding folder and click on the mod.ini file that's in it.
3. Remove the line that says WindowTitle=Sonic Adventure and save the file.

After this is done, you should be able to use Fusion's Chao Editor with the game again. Note that whenever you update the DC Branding mod after this, you will need to perform those steps again.
This is what's in the mod.ini:

Code: Select all

Name=Dreamcast Branding
Description=Restores title screen, HUD, tutorials, button prompts and menu resources from the Dreamcast version
Author=PkR & TheArcadeStriker
Version=0.9932
DLLFile=DC_Branding.dll
WindowTitle=Sonic Adventure
UpdateUrl=http://dcmods.unreliable.network/owncloud/data/PiKeyAr/files/DC_Branding/
ChangelogUrl=http://dcmods.unreliable.network/owncloud/data/PiKeyAr/files/Changelog.txt
It seems to already be on Sonic Adventure. I didn't change it and it still can't see it.

EDIT: I see you said REMOVE it... I'm an idiot.
Last edited by [Ayumi] on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by LimitCrown »

[Ayumi] wrote:This is what's in the mod.ini:

Name=Dreamcast Branding
Description=Restores title screen, HUD, tutorials, button prompts and menu resources from the Dreamcast version
Version=0.9932
DLLFile=DC_Branding.dll
UpdateUrl=http://dcmods.unreliable.network/owncloud/data/PiKeyAr/files/DC_Branding/
ChangelogUrl=http://dcmods.unreliable.network/owncloud/data/PiKeyAr/files/Changelog.txt
It seems to already be on Sonic Adventure. I didn't change it and it still can't see it.
No, remove the window title line so that mod.ini is this instead:

Name=Dreamcast Branding
Version=0.9932
DLLFile=DC_Branding.dll
The window title change that the DC Branding mod does is what prevents the Chao Editor from recognizing the game.
[Ayumi]
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by [Ayumi] »

LimitCrown wrote:
[Ayumi] wrote:This is what's in the mod.ini:

Name=Dreamcast Branding
Version=0.9932
DLLFile=DC_Branding.dll
No, remove the window title line so that mod.ini is this instead:

Name=Dreamcast Branding
Version=0.9932
DLLFile=DC_Branding.dll
The window title change that the DC Branding mod does is what prevents the Chao Editor from recognizing the game.
I've done it
Still won't see it.
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by LimitCrown »

[Ayumi] wrote:I've done it
Still won't see it.
Hmm. Has the window title for the game changed? The window should have the name "SonicAdventureDXPC" instead, at least for the 2004 PC port. Also, have you made sure to run Notepad in Administrator mode as well? It won't let you save the file properly if you didn't.
[Ayumi]
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by [Ayumi] »

LimitCrown wrote:
[Ayumi] wrote:I've done it
Still won't see it.
Hmm. Has the window title for the game changed? The window should have the name "SonicAdventureDXPC" instead, at least for the 2004 PC port. Also, have you made sure to run Notepad in Administrator mode as well? It won't let you save the file properly if you didn't.
I have and even before I changed the DC Branding, it was always called SonicAdventureDXPC.
Changing it in DC Branding kept it still as SonicAdventureDXPC

LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by LimitCrown »

Oh. I'm trying to think of what else might cause this error. It may have something to do with BetterSADX's installer, but I'm not sure. I had tried to contact Fusion regarding how the DC Branding mod's changing of the window name prevents the Chao Editor from detecting the game around four months ago, but he didn't respond. He doesn't seem to be active, at least not as much as he was before.
Rhapsody
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Rhapsody »

:blink: Hello, I think I got a bug issue with Chao Fusion Body Type. I can't turn my Chao into an animal. The egg chao and omocho chao works though.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Hello everyone. I'm sorry that I haven't been very active in this thread for a while. I have read all of your posts though, and have made notes of potential bugs, etc. that people have mentioned. Thanks a lot to LimitCrown, Shadow2684, and others for providing help and support to people in this thread.

I'm currently focusing my spare time on the upcoming Chao Island website updates, but I do still have plans to update my Chao Editor in the future. Here are some of the things that I have in mind for when I can get around to this:
  • Better game detection, along with the ability to manually select a specific process to hook into. This should help improve compatibility with various mods, and make the program easier to understand.
  • A read-only mode, essentially making the Chao Editor function as a "Chao Inspector" instead.
  • A new feature to optionally work directly on a game's save data, instead of editing the process memory while the game is running.
  • A new feature to assist with importing chao data from the GameCube games.
  • I'm also considering an overhaul of the user interface.
  • Finally, I would like to open source the project, so that others may contribute and help speed along the development.
I also have plans for another exciting project, but that will remain secret for now. :cool:

Again, my focus is on the Chao Island website for now, so please be patient. If you have any specific feature requests, complaints, etc. from using my Chao Editor over the years, then please let me know so that I can take your thoughts into consideration.

Rhapsody wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:48 pm :blink: Hello, I think I got a bug issue with Chao Fusion Body Type. I can't turn my Chao into an animal. The egg chao and omocho chao works though.
Which game are you playing? Have you tried leaving the garden and then returning? In many cases, it is necessary to leave and come back, as this forces the game to fully refresh the chao data.
Goodbye-m8
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Post by Goodbye-m8 »

Will I have to re-download it when you put out a new update?
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Yes, whenever a new update comes out you will have to download the new version (if you want to use it). The Chao Editor does automatically check for updates though, so it will display a message to remind you when there's a new update available.
Dama
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by Dama »

When using Fusion's Chao Editor 2.3 for BetterSADX (I haven't tried other versions), the "Appearance" tab doesn't allow me to select the chao's color; the actual dropdown option doesn't appear; it's simply the blue background of the program. The egg color and texture dropdowns, as well as pretty much every other part of the program, work perfectly fine.

Can you help with this?
(13:37:54) Riku: @ Dama: I did the toothpaste trick, I even freaking showered with it and cleaned it with soap and shampoo
aru
Egg
Egg

Re: Fusion's Chao Editor 2.0 for SADX and SA2B (2012-12-11)

Post by aru »

Fusion wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:34 pm
Qnez wrote:Can I get Jewel chao with this?
Yes.
I'm sorry, but I can't figure out how to get Jewel Chao. I want to make the Jewel Eggs that are attainable in SADX and Tiny Chao Garden.
Luxi49
Egg
Egg

Post by Luxi49 »

aru wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:23 am
Fusion wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:34 pm
Qnez wrote:Can I get Jewel chao with this?
Yes.
I'm sorry, but I can't figure out how to get Jewel Chao. I want to make the Jewel Eggs that are attainable in SADX and Tiny Chao Garden.
If you want a jewel chao it's in the texture tab
aru
Egg
Egg

Post by aru »

But what do I select?

Base colour: Grey (if I want Silver)
Two-tone: No
Shiny: No
Texture: Jewel: White

...or something else?
Luxi49
Egg
Egg

Post by Luxi49 »

aru wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:48 am But what do I select?

Base colour: Grey (if I want Silver)
Two-tone: No
Shiny: No
Texture: Jewel: White

...or something else?
The base color wont change anything. the texture kind of have priority over the base color. So if you want a silver chao you simply need the texture jewel: white.
aru
Egg
Egg

Post by aru »

Luxi49 wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:51 am The base color wont change anything. the texture kind of have priority over the base color. So if you want a silver chao you simply need the texture jewel: white.
Then what would I select for a Gold Chao?