Fusion's Chao Editor 2.3 for SADX and SA2B (2016-01-05)

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ModernSilver
Egg
Egg

Re: Fusion's Chao Editor 2.2 for SADX and SA2B (2014-11-21)

Post by ModernSilver »

Hey, there Fusion, I made an account on here in order to contact you, seeing as your Steam profile is private; therefore I can't leave a comment on it. I just to say that your Chao editor is probably easiest editor/hacking program I've used on my laptop alone; using it I was able to back up all of my Chao when I modded my Sonic adventure DX. Good thing I did seeing as I would've lost all of them if it weren't for your Chao editor. But I came to ask, however, is there a way to migrate my Chao from Sonic adventure 2 battle on my Gamecube, onto my Sonic adventure DX on my laptop? In other words, I'm asking if there's a known Chao transfer method from Gamecube onto PC?
:wink:
-Modern
Rinku
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: I like making friends :3

Post by Rinku »

ModernSilver wrote:Hey, there Fusion, I made an account on here in order to contact you, seeing as your Steam profile is private; therefore I can't leave a comment on it. I just to say that your Chao editor is probably easiest editor/hacking program I've used on my laptop alone; using it I was able to back up all of my Chao when I modded my Sonic adventure DX. Good thing I did seeing as I would've lost all of them if it weren't for your Chao editor. But I came to ask, however, is there a way to migrate my Chao from Sonic adventure 2 battle on my Gamecube, onto my Sonic adventure DX on my laptop? In other words, I'm asking if there's a known Chao transfer method from Gamecube onto PC?
:wink:
-Modern
Fuisions editor is definitely the best. As far as GC to PC transfers go, I had the same question. In this topic viewtopic.php?f=33&t=45014 there is a new announcement and you can read the last comments to see that it is not quite done atm, but its possible and coming soon. Hopefully darkybenji will finish it :)
Rinku's personal Discord - http://rinkutalks.pro/image/dcover.png
πŸ”₯ Twitch Livestream - http://www.twitch.tv/rinkutalks (β—‘β€Ώβ—‘βœΏ)
(β•―Β°β–‘Β°)β•―οΈ΅ ┻━┻ Twitter - https://twitter.com/RinkuTalks
Rinku
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: I like making friends :3

Post by Rinku »

Sorry for double posting but I have a question that I wish to be seen. When I load SADX Steam version in fullscreen, it recognizes my game. When I load it in windowed, I can't edit my chao and it doesn't see the game at all. My other problem is in fullscreen if i leave fullscreen at all, (alt tab/click on another window on another screen) I can't get back into the game and any edits to chao wont save when I quit. So just looking for any solution or explanation to what I'm doing wrong if anything.
Rinku's personal Discord - http://rinkutalks.pro/image/dcover.png
πŸ”₯ Twitch Livestream - http://www.twitch.tv/rinkutalks (β—‘β€Ώβ—‘βœΏ)
(β•―Β°β–‘Β°)β•―οΈ΅ ┻━┻ Twitter - https://twitter.com/RinkuTalks
Nexmaster7
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: Would you like a jelly baby?

Post by Nexmaster7 »

It seems I found a small bug in the editor... If you hold a Chao when it's skills level up your game crashes.
CatTreats
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by CatTreats »

Hi Fusion! Thank you so much for your editor. It's so user friendly and easy to use. I got a lot of things done that would have normally taken forever to obtain. :walk:

One question for you or anyone who might know: How does the Lifespan bar work? I maxed both of them out on all of my Chao just because I want to keep them all alive. No need to reincarnate because I already got the Chaos/Character Chao that I wanted. Anyways, I'm scared that it isn't working because despite them all having maxed out lifespan bars, some are showing Age 3 and Age 4 at the Hospital. Is that normal?
Thanks! :chaohappy:
Update: I tested it and figured out the answer. The game continues to add Chao years to their lives, but they just don't die. :sway:
Last edited by CatTreats on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CatTreats
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by CatTreats »

I found an issue with the Editor. If you make the permanent-child Chao (listed as "Good (unobtainable)" and "Bad (unobtainable)"), their textures get messed up once you've saved and left the world one time after creation.
Two-Toned colors do not display, but toggling the Shiny box will make it display a Mono-Tone color properly, despite the Two-Tone box being checked off as well.

I had a Bad (unobtainable) Chao that was maxed out on Flying and Magnitude of the visual effects.
Removing any of those effects didn't fix the problem. No problems start until you've left the world, then the problems are irreversible. :chaocry:
Onette
Egg
Egg

Post by Onette »

Hey Fusion not sure if anyone asked this question already or if you're currently working on the issue but are we not able to have shiny two tone chao in SA:2B? It seems like every time I try to make a two tone shiny chao.
Or I have two shiny chao that are different colors breed, their offspring is this REALLY bright auqa color chao with white accents. Like it doesn't look like a typical Shiny two tone chao and its always that really really bright aqua color...
Any reason as to why that is? :thinking:
Darksonicchao3
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Darksonicchao3 »

Onette wrote:Hey Fusion not sure if anyone asked this question already or if you're currently working on the issue but are we not able to have shiny two tone chao in SA:2B? It seems like every time I try to make a two tone shiny chao.
Or I have two shiny chao that are different colors breed, their offspring is this REALLY bright auqa color chao with white accents. Like it doesn't look like a typical Shiny two tone chao and its always that really really bright aqua color...
It's a Bright chao :darksurprise:
I like SADX
Onette
Egg
Egg

Post by Onette »

Darksonicchao3 wrote:
Onette wrote:Hey Fusion not sure if anyone asked this question already or if you're currently working on the issue but are we not able to have shiny two tone chao in SA:2B? It seems like every time I try to make a two tone shiny chao.

The thing is no matter what, if I make it a two tone shiny Chao, no matter what color I set it as. The Chao will always be the same aqua color.
Darksonicchao3
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Darksonicchao3 »

Onette wrote:
Darksonicchao3 wrote:

The thing is no matter what, if I make it a two tone shiny Chao, no matter what color I set it as. The Chao will always be the same aqua color.
Then I have no clue
I like SADX
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by LimitCrown »

Onette wrote:The thing is no matter what, if I make it a two tone shiny Chao, no matter what color I set it as. The Chao will always be the same aqua color.
The highlights of a young Neutral/Child Chao affect their entire body, and the base color of a Neutral/Child Chao with the "Normal" color is actually white, so the highlights of the Normal-colored Chao are what you see in that instance. Because the Bright Chao glitch makes any Shiny Two-Tone Chao incredibly bright to the point that their actual base colors would appear to be white or greater than white, the highlights of the Shiny Two-Tone Neutral/Child Chao are the only things that you can notice.
Jack the Person
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Life is forever and only a moment.

Post by Jack the Person »

Great editor. If possible, could you add in an option to change Chao relationships with other Chao? I know it's a lot to ask for but it would be appreciated.*
On a completely unrelated note, how do I make a Chao short tempered? I'm pretty sure there's no slider for it.

*Nevermind, I've been reassured Chao relationships aren't a thing, sorry. Still though, help with the short-tempered thing would be nice, even if it's just informing me it's a load of rubbish (if it is anyway). It is real, still can't find the slider...
Jack the Person
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Found a bug: After deleting all my Chao, one of the slots in the classroom is gone, replaced by an empty space. This is awkward as I have 4 Chaos, 4 is more than 3.
I would post a picture but the forum won't let me yet so I'll describe it.

It says lesson in progress at the top. The first "Student" section which has no X or tick and the green bar which states the lesson is visible just until the top of the word at which point it disappears Below are 3 normal Chao learning trumpet.

And no, I can not remember if a Chao was there when I deleted them... Maybe there was, maybe there wasn't. :cool:

If you want to put together the URL yourself it's at: steamcommunity .com /sharefiles /filedetails /? id=512230527
Just remove the spaces.
What, Christmas ended? Whatever, I'm leaving the decorations up!

I'm also selling a Heart Fruit, I thought buying the last would make it more valuable and increase the demand, it didn't.
Anyway it's still sold out and I'm still selling! Buy It!
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

Jack the Person wrote:Found a bug: After deleting all my Chao, one of the slots in the classroom is gone, replaced by an empty space. This is awkward as I have 4 Chaos, 4 is more than 3.

It says lesson in progress at the top. The first "Student" section which has no X or tick and the green bar which states the lesson is visible just until the top of the word at which point it disappears Below are 3 normal Chao learning trumpet.

And no, I can not remember if a Chao was there when I deleted them... Maybe there was, maybe there wasn't. :cool:

If you want to put together the URL yourself it's at: steamcommunity .com /sharefiles /filedetails /? id=512230527
Just remove the spaces.
The chances are the chao were in the kindergarten, it only does that if you delete chao that were in the kindergarten. If not then i'm not sure.
Jack the Person
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

ChaoGardenBuster wrote:
Jack the Person wrote:Found a bug: After deleting all my Chao, one of the slots in the classroom is gone, replaced by an empty space. This is awkward as I have 4 Chaos, 4 is more than 3.

Just remove the spaces.
The chances are the chao were in the kindergarten, it only does that if you delete chao that were in the kindergarten. If not then i'm not sure.
Okay thanks, I'm a quite sure that a Chao was in the kindergarten. But I would like help re-deleting it please. Thanks.

I'm also selling a Heart Fruit, I thought buying the last would make it more valuable and increase the demand, it didn't.
JordanB500
Egg
Egg

Post by JordanB500 »

Hello im a new member and i dont usually necro old threads but i cant get the Program to work

Edit: i got Sadx to work with the editor but not Sa2b :darkcry:

Edit: i got Sa2b to work with the editor i just had to run as admin :darkhappy:
Jack the Person
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Jack the Person wrote:
ChaoGardenBuster wrote:

Just remove the spaces.
Okay thanks, I'm a quite sure that a Chao was in the kindergarten. But I would like help re-deleting it please. Thanks.
FIXED IT :surprise:

It turns out a Chao was in the kindergarten and I fixed it by exporting all my new Chao, deleting SONIC2B_ALF in the game's files and then importing all the Chao back into the new, automatically created file. I hope this helps anyone with the same issue!

cheatfreak47
Egg
Egg

Post by cheatfreak47 »

Hey Fusion

I'm the guy who manages a popular mod/conversion patch for the Steam port of Sonic Adventure DX that, without going into to much detail, provides users with an enhanced version of the 2004 port of Sonic Adventure DX in place of the Steam port.

I was hoping you could add the process name "sonic - superfix.exe" and have it identify as the 2004 port?
The way this mod works relies on the exe being named that instead of the standard "sonic.exe" is is typical with that port, and, as such, the process name is not picked up by the chao editor.

Aside from this, no additional work would need to be done, it's just the process name and that's it.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Thanks for the information. I'll look into this!
cheatfreak47 wrote:I was hoping you could add the process name "sonic - superfix.exe" and have it identify as the 2004 port?
Implementing that should be no problem. I'll go ahead and add this to the editor as soon as I can.
KaiserSenpai
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by KaiserSenpai »

My Knuckles Chao won't appear for the life of me, everything else does.
StarLand
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: May not wait for my work...

Post by StarLand »

Hey Fusion,
I got an Texture Glitch after editing some Chao Stuff with that editor.
Bug is showing up when playing multiplayer game like when I am using an Character.
Before I edited, this bug wasn't showing up anyways.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

^That doesn't look like a glitch to me. It looks more like you've triggered Sonic's alternate costume.
That costume only appears in 2P mode, after finishing all of Sonic's missions with an "A" Rank, and pressing up, but you can choose to not activate it.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Fusion's Chao Editor 2.3 released!

I have just released version 2.3 of my editor. This new version adds compatibility with the BetterSADX mod, as well as bringing along various other fixes and improvements.

The full list of changes is below.

Features:
  • Added support for the BetterSADX mod.
  • Added options to create legitimate Amy, Knuckles, and Tails character chao, using official Japanese chao data files! Thanks to Air Conditioner/Fluxedo and DarkyBenji from Chao Island for providing the files.
  • Now detects Sonic Adventure 2 even when its main executable file has been renamed to "Launcher.exe".
Fixes:
  • Implemented complete support for chao names. In previous versions, only English characters were truly supported. Now, every symbol available in the game is fully supported by the editor, such as Japanese katakana characters.
  • Fixed a rare bug where using the numeric input boxes could cause the program to crash.
Improvements:
  • Improved the look and feel of the GUI on all version of Windows, but especially on Windows 10.
  • Added menu buttons next to each chao in the chao list. These buttons provide an alternative way of accessing the right-click menu.
  • Added keyboard support to the chao list. After selecting a chao, you can now use the Ctrl+N, Delete, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C, and Ctrl+V keyboard shortcuts to manipulate chao.
  • The text and numeric input boxes now select their contents automatically when receiving focus. This makes it quicker and easier to type in new values.
  • Improved the help and information text on the chao stats page.
Known issues:
  • Deleting a chao while it is in the kindergarten classroom will create a glitched slot in the classroom. This effectively reduces the number of classroom slots that you have available. This will be fixed in a future version of the program.
Want to download it? Just head over to the downloads page on my website. I recommend you choose the setup exe option.

Thanks for letting me know about this. I tried it myself and confirmed that it's an issue. Unfortunately, it'll take a bit longer to fix it, so for now I've marked it as a known issue.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Re: Fusion's Chao Editor 2.3 for SADX and SA2B (2016-01-05)

Post by DarkyBenji »

Nice update but.... i found a problem with 2.3
in SA2B, you can't rename the chao with fusion edit anymore

edit : it work 1/4 sometime you can change the name, sometime you can't
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
Youtube β‘Š Other Mods β‘Š DeviantArt Image
GravityGames
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: That one guy that raises Chao in SADX

Re: Fusion's Chao Editor 2.3 for SADX and SA2B (2016-01-05)

Post by GravityGames »

I'm probably just a dummy, but I've been unable to find the download for 2.3. On the downloads page, it still appears to be version 2.2 available for download. Looking forward to trying the new version though, as having "legit" Amy/Knux chao sounds awesome, and I personally have been naming my Chao with Katakana names lately.