Fusion's Chao Editor 2.3 for SADX and SA2B (2016-01-05)

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
StarLand
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: May not wait for my work...

Re: Fusion's Chao Editor 2.3 for SADX and SA2B (2016-01-05)

Post by StarLand »

Good update,
I'll want to use this now.

Ps. Portable is my option. I already have installed .NET up to 4.6.1.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

DarkyBenji wrote:Nice update but.... i found a problem with 2.3
in SA2B, you can't rename the chao with fusion edit anymore

edit : it work 1/4 sometime you can change the name, sometime you can't
Thanks for trying it out, but I don't think that's actually a bug. In version 2.3, I made a lot of changes to how it handles chao names — I not only added support for all of the symbols (such as katakana characters), but I also implemented an automatic system for switching in similar-looking characters, such as the apostrophe (') and single-quote (’), or different types of exclamation mark (e.g. ! and !). However, because of these changes, I had to alter the textbox so that it only updates the chao's name when you move focus away from the textbox. In other words, you just need to type in the name you want, and then tab out from the textbox in order to submit the name. I'll try to improve it in a future version, but for now this is how it works.

If that isn't what you meant, and it's really not changing the name even after you move focus out from the textbox, then let me know. I've double-checked and couldn't see any issues, though.
GravityGames wrote:I'm probably just a dummy, but I've been unable to find the download for 2.3. On the downloads page, it still appears to be version 2.2 available for download. Looking forward to trying the new version though, as having "legit" Amy/Knux chao sounds awesome, and I personally have been naming my Chao with Katakana names lately.
That's strange. Perhaps you have the old version of the downloads page cached in your web browser? This is how it should look. In any case, here are direct links to the version 2.3 files for you:
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by LimitCrown »

I notice that if I choose to create a new Chao egg or a new Character Chao by clicking on one of the arrows, the information in the DNA tab for the newly-created Chao won't be updated unless I close and reopen the Chao editor. I don't remember whether this occurred in version 2.2.
Sim_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Keep Calm, and Farm Drives!

Post by Sim_Chao »

Weird. . . I do genetic engineering with the First Generation, in hopes to vary the gene pool. I export the parents after they mate a few times, and let the niños grow up, and repeat this process, with physical traits that make them unique.
arkhamtheknight1
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by arkhamtheknight1 »

There is a problem with the editor on both games where I try and make a character chao but when I leave the world after then come back later, the chao is gone or replaced by an egg. The chao didn't die so it makes no sense. Also the symbol in the editor for the chao keeps on glitching between a Normal Chao and the character chao.
:sway: Sweet Sweet, You're So Sweet - Amy's Theme
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

^I've noticed that too. I'm not sure if it's the editor, or just the way the game works, but here's what I do to get my Chao:

1. Make an egg with the editor.

2. Leave the garden and re-enter.

3. Hatch the egg.

4. Change the hatched Chao to whatever I want.

5. Leave the garden and re-enter again.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Tompole5
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: -Account not used

Post by Tompole5 »

This is the best thing ever. I love it now because I got my old (not exactly the same one but close, and better stats) chaos hero chao back! :herocool: :herocry:
arkhamtheknight1
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

For some reason, the Chao Editor can't find my SA2. It has been working well for ages but now can't find it. I verified the game on Steam but still it can't find my exe.
Tompole5
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Tompole5 »

Try running as administrator, if that's not working then I don't know.
arkhamtheknight1
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

It somehow started working again. Must be my files was broken or something. Is there plans for a 2.4 version in the future?
Tompole5
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Tompole5 »

I do not think there is.
Cypher121
Egg
Egg

Post by Cypher121 »

I believe "Joy" isn't a proper name. This value is set to 200 if you keep ignoring chao that asks for attention and it starts jumping to make you notice it.
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

Hey, is it possible you could make a read-only version of this? Or well, at least add an option that prevents you changing values.

There's a lot of things I keep track of with this in my SA2 (Hunger, Evolution path etc.) but I don't want to be tempted into cheating. Hell, in SADX you can't even see what Grades a Chao has without using this.
krysscampo
Egg
Egg

Post by krysscampo »

so my brothers chao just reincarated and he wants it to look like it did before it did. it was a dark/swim/fly and had an amazing looking head XD how can we get it to look like that with the editor. we can only get it to look like a dark/fly or dark/swim but not a dark/swim/fly. helps please ^^
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by LimitCrown »

First, change the Chao's type to Dark / Swim. Next, move the Swim-Fly slider all of the way to the right and increase the Magnitude to 1.2 by moving the Magnitude slider all of the way to the right. If you leave and reenter the Chao Garden, then your Chao should look like a Dark/Swim/Fly Chao.
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by SwifterTheDragon »

Thank you for making this editor, Fusion, as I now use it every time I open SAB2 on my PC, along with SADX. No problems, and every update is just making it even better! I wonder what the next update will give...
:herosway: :herosway: :herosway:
Heattokun
Egg
Egg

Post by Heattokun »

What this needs is gba .sav editing for Tiny Chao Garden on GBA. What im thinking is with cartridge backup tools, one could read/write chao data from the PC version to the GBA,and vice versa. Then we could connect the gamecube and PC versions.

But thats just my thoughts.
SwifterTheDragon
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by SwifterTheDragon »

Hmm.. I've always been told "Spoiled" was a thing but I never actually saw it.
I should've known it was a rumor.
Last edited by SwifterTheDragon on Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Oh that? It doesn't exist.

You can't actually spoil your chao. If I remember correctly there's simply just no data for it.

It would be an interesting mechanic though.

Now that I think about it, that should be added to the rumors page.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Shadow2684
Egg
Egg

Post by Shadow2684 »

Heattokun wrote:What this needs is gba .sav editing for Tiny Chao Garden on GBA. What im thinking is with cartridge backup tools, one could read/write chao data from the PC version to the GBA,and vice versa. Then we could connect the gamecube and PC versions.

But thats just my thoughts.
This is actually already possible but requires a modded Wii, a copy of either SA2B/ SADX on PC (steam version) and some knowledge.

I've actually transferred my Chaos from GC to PC and vice versa following this link http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =444918749

This guide is incredibly useful but the process to make GC Chao to PC chao sucks butt, however we can fix this.

You'll want to back up your PC Chao Save data btw (SONIC2B_ALF is the file name). Anyways, you'll want to start by transferring your chao save file to an SD card (SONIC2B_ALF is also the chao save data (at least on SA2B)) . Once you have done so, go to your PC and open your save file from GC using your preferred Hex Editor and just copy 00000040 until the very end.

once you've done so you can paste that code on your Chao's save data in PC. this will transfer your entire GC chao save data to PC so if you didn't back up your PC save file you will be screwed.

Anyways you'll want to boot up the editor and the game, go to chao world but do not go past the initial hub, your chaos are very messed up on PC, for some reason Sega made their data inversed so like Fly on GC will be 1225 (in hex code) but on PC it will be 5221 (inverse, but this means it can get to crazy high values)

so we'll have to back up or chao as .chao files and fix their data ourselves using our Hex Editor, however there's an easy way. A guy on the steam community made a code to fix all of our stats for us! https://github.com/TheGag96/ChaoConvert

this will save us precious time from fixing our chaos. anyways import your fixed GC chao .chao files to your SA2 using the editor and you are now free to see your chao in PC/ edit them.

If you want to reimport your chao to GC all you have to do is export your chao as .chao files, run the converter one more time, copy the PC save data using your hex editor, then paste it to your GC save data using th hex editor from line 00000040 to the very end. Save our fresh new GC file to your SD card and then transfer your save file from your SD card to your Memory card using GCMM.

I'd be willing to make a Youtube video on this but the quality wouldn't be too great. Or you can follow the steam guide if you like pictures and ****. That converter is a godsend too.

Also I love having Amy, Knuckles, and Tails chao alongside all my chao since I was a kid!

Edit: It would be great to find out how to give the immortality checks to regular chao too. It would be nice to not have to reedit my chaos just so I don't want them reincarnating yet. Love my Shadow Chao and Sonic Chao but getting them to that point is not only a hastle but also lasts TOO short of a time since chaos average lifespan is about 5 years and second evolution doesn't happen until the natural mating occurs which is about 3 years into the chao's life.
Hiltonium
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Hiltonium »

Really enjoying this mod so far, but I would like to make a suggestion for a code that could possibly be added in the future. It would be awesome if there was a way to increase the number of small animals/Chaos Drives you can hold. Only being able to carry 10 of these things at a time is pretty annoying. If the limit was removed, or at least bumped up to a higher number like 30, then I could just go crazy in the levels and collect as many small animals and Chaos Drives as I could. This would be much more enjoyable for me than having to be so selective over them.

EDIT: Excuse me, I accidentally put this in the wrong thread. How silly of me. Would somebody please delete this? I'm not seeing a delete button after I click edit.
Ciel Phantomhive
Egg
Egg
Motto: Once something is truly lost, it can never be regained

Post by Ciel Phantomhive »

Question: I used this Editor in order to change the colour of my Devil Chao. But now he looks lighter than he did after I changed him back. What I mean is that I changed his colour and then changed it back to the "normal" setting but he was so much lighter than he was supposed to be. :cry: I tried to leave the garden and come back in, even quit the game entirely. But nothing worked. I tried changing the colours again but still when I put him back on the "normal" colour setting, it looked like he had the "white two-tone" setting colours. In fact, that's what it is. I compared the two settings and they were exactly the same. I even tried hatching a new egg and recreating him all over again but nothing at all worked. Is there a fix to this mess?
Onsokumaru
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Klaatu barada nikto

Post by Onsokumaru »

Ciel Phantomhive wrote:Question: I used this Editor in order to change the colour of my Devil Chao. But now he looks lighter than he did after I changed him back. What I mean is that I changed his colour and then changed it back to the "normal" setting but he was so much lighter than he was supposed to be. :cry: I tried to leave the garden and come back in, even quit the game entirely. But nothing worked. I tried changing the colours again but still when I put him back on the "normal" colour setting, it looked like he had the "white two-tone" setting colours. In fact, that's what it is. I compared the two settings and they were exactly the same. I even tried hatching a new egg and recreating him all over again but nothing at all worked. Is there a fix to this mess?
Sounds like the color glitch in the PC version. i know my devil chao will turn white with red tips if its shiny but will go back to normal if not shiny.

Ive also had edits reset when switching options in Fusion so a stat on your chao my have reset when you switched back to normal.
ChrisOfChaos
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by ChrisOfChaos »

Hey Fusion, I really love this editor. It's great, and it's incredibly helpful. But I've noticed an issue I think is related to this editor. First of all, I only use it to track Chao stats and personality, I never actually change anything. I've used it to transfer Chao between games, but that's it. I just recently unlocked the Hero garden and the Dark garden, and neither contains the single Chao egg that they usually come with. You may want to look into it, because I'm almost positive it relates to your editor.

Overall, though, very well done. This is a spectacular, fun, and easy to use mod that really innovates Chao care. Thanks to you I can transfer and backup my Chao, so I'm definitely not uninstalling it anytime soon.
TheMagicMarksMan
Egg
Egg

Post by TheMagicMarksMan »

Is this Compatible with the Steam version of SA2B?