Need some help

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Sono
Egg
Egg

Need some help

Post by Sono »

Ok, I've been searching everywhere on the internet, asked at various websites, and have gotten no responses, which indicates either no one knows or no one cares. Basically, I'm planning to purchase SA2B on the 360. I have SADX on the 360, and I have a Chao or two I would like to transfer to SA2. However, I have no idea if this version of the game can inherently transfer chao, or if I need a chao editor. From what I looked at, the Chao Editor Redux does a "hash fix". Does this mean I can patch the chao data to work with SA2? Because I have no idea.

Secondly, I don't even know how to get this editor to work. The instructions in the readme are vague and don't tell me how to actually extract savedata.bin. So a quick run down would be nice. I tried just opening the chao file with the editor, and nothing happens. Basically I want to know if any of this is possible on the 360 version, because if not, then I guess I won't purchase and just stick with the GC version(It's a conundrum you see, I have SADX for the 360 and SA2 for the GC, I would rather get SA2 for the 360 for keeping things simple so I don't have to hook my wii up). While using emulation is not out of the question, I have a finished save, all emblems, over 100 hour save for SADX on the 360, so I'd rather not have to do that all over again.

btw, I'm using Horizon to extract the Chaogarden file. If anyone can reply unlike every other place I've tried, I would be extremely thankful.
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Re: Need some help

Post by Fusion »

Sono wrote:Ok, I've been searching everywhere on the internet, asked at various websites, and have gotten no responses, which indicates either no one knows or no one cares.
Unfortunately I won't be much help, but I will at least post since you haven't been getting replies anywhere else.
Sono wrote:However, I have no idea if this version of the game can inherently transfer chao, or if I need a chao editor.
I don't believe it has any built-in functionality for transferring chao between games. You will most likely need a chao editor or the appropriate tools to do it manually.
Sono wrote:While using emulation is not out of the question, I have a finished save, all emblems, over 100 hour save for SADX on the 360, so I'd rather not have to do that all over again.
You could probably find completed save files on the internet, if you're not against using somebody else's save file.
Sono wrote:From what I looked at, the Chao Editor Redux does a "hash fix". Does this mean I can patch the chao data to work with SA2? Because I have no idea.

Secondly, I don't even know how to get this editor to work. The instructions in the readme are vague and don't tell me how to actually extract savedata.bin. So a quick run down would be nice. I tried just opening the chao file with the editor, and nothing happens. Basically I want to know if any of this is possible on the 360 version, because if not, then I guess I won't purchase and just stick with the GC version(It's a conundrum you see, I have SADX for the 360 and SA2 for the GC, I would rather get SA2 for the 360 for keeping things simple so I don't have to hook my wii up).

btw, I'm using Horizon to extract the Chaogarden file. If anyone can reply unlike every other place I've tried, I would be extremely thankful.
As long as you can access the game data, it should be possible to transfer a chao from SADX to SA2B. My editor for the PC games can do this by simply copying the data over, with a few adjustments. In fact, it should even be possible to transfer a chao from one platform to a completely different one; for example, from GameCube to the PC. All you need is access to the raw chao data.

As you've noticed, there is a Chao Editor Redux program for the Xbox 360 games. I am not very familiar with this tool, as I don't even have SADX or SA2B for the Xbox 360. So, I have no idea what kind of state his editor is in or how well it works. However, I believe the author of that program is a member here on Chao Island, with the username "Emerald Lance". You might have better luck sending him a PM, posting in his thread here, or posting in his thread on the 360haven website.

I'll have another look at this later on when I have more time, to see if I can help you any better.