(old) [TUTO] How to import GC chao to PC

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

(old) [TUTO] How to import GC chao to PC

Post by DarkyBenji »

A NEW UPDATE OF THIS TUTORIAL IS COMING SOON, AND WILL WOKR BETTER THAN THIS ONE SO I DON't RECOMMENDE YOU TO DO THIS NOW

Hey i'm back and Happy new year ! it's finally happening Image

this tuto will tell you how to (or I) import chao to PC (SA2B and SADX)
there's another way with GBA like fusion say here : viewtopic.php?f=33&t=44888

all you need it's :
- 1 Wii with homebrew channel (with Memory card port of course)
- 1 memory card NO NINTENDO OFFICIAL
- SA2B GC and PC (or SADX)
- 1 Card SD format FAT32

okay let's begin :

1) Copy the GC chao save to SD card :
Spoiler:
first, download the homebrew GC http://wiibrew.org/wiki/GCMM for export the save to sd card
(google it for know how to install homebrew apps)
turn the wi ON and go to homebrew channe, you will see GCMM's here, launch the homebrew and you will see THIS :
press A if you want to export to sd card (or B for USB) but i use SD card so i press A
now you have this
with the wiimote, choose BACKUP by pressing (-) or Y if you the GC controller...
attention, after choose the mode the homebrew will tell you the slot GC you want open (A or B)
after doing that, you see ALL your save but we need to found the chao save and it's SONIC2B_ALF
press A to start backup, and when it's done you got "backup complete"
now leave the homebrewand turn off the wii if you want

insert your sd card in your Computer, you have MCBACKUP folder with your save her, CONGRATULATION ! you have YOUR CHAO GC save !
2) COnvert the GC CHAO SAVE to PC CHAO SAVE
Spoiler:
it's one it's EASY, all you need it's a programme HEX EDIT (i use HxD)
with hex edit, open your GC save and PC save (MAKE A backup for PC Save, i swear you need the backup later !)

in your GC save copy the line 00000040 to the END

and paste (more like REPLACE) all the code in your PC save

when you are done, launch the game and see if it's work, if yes, don't worry if you have only the chao garden without toys... the important is the chao...
open chao fusion editor and look ! you have your chao from GC !
3) Export and FIX the chao
Spoiler:
yeah... you imported you GC chao to PC.. Cool BUT sadly, the chao are weird
for fix it.. you have one job : launch SA2B from GC version and copy the stats, the 2nd evolution (if it's weird) and the reincarnations number (reincarnations life too), sadly we can't edit the age (except you are pro with cheat engine and you can fix it, like me :3) but don't worry... that will be back to 0 later after the chao make a pink cocon (except you have chaos chao or chao tails)

BE CAREFUL, some chao ARE INVISIBLE ! edit the 2nd evolution (swim - fly + power - run and the magnitude) for see the chao back to normal
when you are done, export the chao on .chao file and go back to your "true" PC save (i told you to make a backup)

import your GC chao in your PC save... YAY you did it ! you imported the chao GC to PC !
F.A.Q :
What's the point if you can only remake ?
-> well remake it's a good idea but you will don't know his DNA, character who like, toys, lessons, personality and favorit fruit !

so we can have the official Tails chao from phantasy star online in PC version ? with the Jewel chao ?
-> YES ! awesome right ?

i import my shiny chao jewel, but with the bright chao glitch, my chao don't look like the GC
-> Don't worry, you see the transparent color in Appearance from Fusion edit ? use it, disable shiny, enable two-tone, and select the color what you chao are in GC :
Shiny Jewel Red : Green yellow
Shiny Jewel Orange : Goldenrod
Shiny Jewel Green : Medium Goldenrod
Shiny Jewel Sky Blue : Pale Goldenrod
Shiny Jewel Blue : Pale Turquoise
Shiny Jewel Purple : Turquoise
Shiny Jewel White : Pale Green
Shiny Jewel Black : Pale Goldenrod (i have not idea for this one, maybe shiny dark gray two tone)
for invisible chao : select invisible 1

(if you have better color than i choose, tell me please i will update the list)
i guess i say all... Good luck !
Last edited by DarkyBenji on Sun May 17, 2015 10:57 am, edited 7 times in total.
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
Peterson123
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Re: [TUTO] How to import GC chao to PC

Post by Peterson123 »

Thanks for posting this, its really awesome, but do you think it would be possible to use the same method, but with a sonic advance same instead of a SA2B GC save?
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Peterson123 wrote:Thanks for posting this, its really awesome, but do you think it would be possible to use the same method, but with a sonic advance same instead of a SA2B GC save?
i don't know, never tried :blink:
Sonicman
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Sonicman »

:surprise: would you be able to transfer a chao from an emulated version to the steam version?
Rinku
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: I like making friends :3

Re: (old) [TUTO] How to import GC chao to PC

Post by Rinku »

This sounds like a perfect tutorial except for the weird chao you mentioned. I dont have access to my GC chao otherwise I'd test, but what is the rate of wierd chao? Are there certain chao that are always wierd? Is it random or are there any common themes? If someone documented what actually changed, I bet someone could make a fix for it and we could have legit transports which would be even better.

Also is there anyway to reverse the process? Can I take a chao from my pc steam game to my gamecube?
Rinku's personal Discord - http://rinkutalks.pro/image/dcover.png
🔥 Twitch Livestream - http://www.twitch.tv/rinkutalks (◡‿◡✿)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Twitter - https://twitter.com/RinkuTalks
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Re: (old) [TUTO] How to import GC chao to PC

Post by DarkyBenji »

Sonicman wrote::surprise: would you be able to transfer a chao from an emulated version to the steam version?
Yes
Rinku wrote:This sounds like a perfect tutorial except for the weird chao you mentioned. I dont have access to my GC chao otherwise I'd test, but what is the rate of wierd chao? Are there certain chao that are always wierd? Is it random or are there any common themes? If someone documented what actually changed, I bet someone could make a fix for it and we could have legit transports which would be even better.

Also is there anyway to reverse the process? Can I take a chao from my pc steam game to my gamecube?
all the chao from the gc save to pc will be weird, because the value of stats and other stuff, work differently that the pc version

like in GC version, your chao stat point of swim can be 1000, in the hex value that will be : 03E8
in the pc version, the hex value is reversed : E803

i will update this tutorial when i can, i must find ALL the hex value that's been reversed in the pc version compared to the GC, so you can perfectly transfer gc chao to pc chao without any problems !

so i don't recommende you to transfer gc chao to pc now, just wait the update (v2) of this tutorial